Community Mun Base

Well, I just crashed another lander, I seem to have really bad luck. Mun or Bust 11 was a perfect flight until the landing, when it hit a hill and toppled over while hovering over towards the other landers. No damages were sustained to the other landers. I also realized I was throwing away a perfectly good orbital module with tons of fuel and RCS and a perfect place to put landing legs, so expect future versions to be a bit bigger.

Just after landing, the crew doesn\'t seem too concerned.

O53BDh.jpg

Final munbase configuration.

REN4Wh.jpg

Also, who\'s version do we go with, God\'s or mine?

Okay well 1km isn\'t too bad, I need to get Darkshadows rover up there so we can drive over to you, do you have enough fuel to move the 1km?

Lol NOPE. I tried activating the landing struts with space, not knowing I was supposed to hit G, and crashed really hard onto the mun.

Anyways, here is a very slightly different version than the last.

So you don\'t even have anything on the Mun?

Just checked the file you uploaded, I can\'t see any difference. Did all your stages fall back on Kerbin ?

Well, I just crashed another lander, I seem to have really bad luck. Mun or Bust 11 was a perfect flight until the landing, when it hit a hill and toppled over while hovering over towards the other landers. No damages were sustained to the other landers. I also realized I was throwing away a perfectly good orbital module with tons of fuel and RCS and a perfect place to put landing legs, so expect future versions to be a bit bigger.

Just after landing, the crew doesn\'t seem too concerned.

O53BDh.jpg

Final munbase configuration.

REN4Wh.jpg

I\'m going to go ahead an use this save file, then we can give God another go.

I\'m guessing yours since God didn\'t actually do anything yet ? God for your next attempt use Trbinsc\'s link, and don\'t hit 'end flight' or it will delete everything you have done, just return to space center and exit the game.

EDIT: just checked the latest file, you guys are being quite eco friendly (well besides MoB 10 which scattered crap all over the place :P ), there isn\'t a lot of debris.

Unless someone else wants to go, I\'m going to go after the next person. Also, I think we should set up a list of people who want to do it on the OP, to avoid confusion.

Alright so could you set up a list of all who went and then me (I\'m currently attempting) then those who are next in line?

Well I\'m in of course, I need to test coalescing of persistence files at some point so don\'t worry if someone goes out of turn, as long as they have not landed in exactly the same spot as someone else everything should be fine.

Don\'t forget god trbinsc, he deserves another go, we owe him something after making him up after all.

Also I have combined the old base file with my current persistence file, all ships are accounted for though the crew may differ as I noticed different names in the two lists.

Alright guys, I finally got over to the base.

But, not fully intact....

izkGE.png

I manged to screw up my transfer orbit and had to wing-it a bit. when I was down at the Mun surface, it was down to the wire on terms of fuel. So close in fact, I ran out around 100m above. My last stage couldn\'t cut all the speed and I was only left with my Command Pod....500m away from the base.

So, I did what any reasonable Kerbal would do and rolled the pod all the way there.

(craft and what not attached to post)

So...could you add me to the list again. I want to give this another go.

I intend on giving this a go \'out of sequence\' as I can\'t commit to a time. I\'ll do it when I do it.

If someone wishes to merge my stuff after the fact then good and well. If not, I shall enjoy the attempt anyway. :)

Merging of persistence files is not a problem, as long as trbinsc is okay with it, I\'ll gladly combine them, you might have to pm me the file so I don\'t lose it amongst other posts here.

I like Badlanding, it really captures the essence of how a lot of crafts got here ;D

I\'ll probably fly again tomorrow if i see that the thread isn\'t active (GMT+1 here), and this time I won\'t use a ship that\'s designed to go back, to be able to bring more cargo to the base.

I was checking out the latest version of the file and I noticed this lone small engine halfway through Kerbin and the Mun, it\'s from MoB 10 if I\'m not mistaken.

CFvuH.png

So I was wondering, what\'s the story ? How did this part end up torn off the ship halfway through the Munar transfer ?