Community Mun Base

Okay, Deadly pear has had a go, trbinsc said he\'d have a go, then it was meant to be me, I\'ll combine Gods save into the main base once trbinsc turns up with his file, then I\'ll have a go, then It\'ll be whoever is next on the list.

Best do it this way or we\'ll get mightily confused as to who went when :)

@ Gojira, I don\'t know, trbinsc said mods are fine but what happens when we load a persistence file with mods we don\'t have installed?

I landed... sort of. :Phttp://imgur.com/gLdeH

I\'m not too far away from the main site, I guess you could say I\'m establishing more land for us on the mun? So far no aliens.

TiZwS.png

Lol what happened here exactly ? how did your landing gear end up flung out of the system ?

hat happens when we load a persistence file with mods we don\'t have installed?

I\'m pretty sure the game crashes. So I guess it would be nice if you could provide us with the link of the mod and the lists of the parts you used so we don\'t have to extract them all.

Okay, Deadly pear has had a go, trbinsc said he\'d have a go, then it was meant to be me, I\'ll combine Gods save into the main base once trbinsc turns up with his file, then I\'ll have a go, then It\'ll be whoever is next on the list.

@ Gojira, I don\'t know, trbinsc said mods are fine but what happens when we load a persistence file with mods we don\'t have installed?

When you cannot load a modded part a small screen will pop up saying you cannot load 'blah blah blah' and you can\'t do anything from that screen.

Bugger I didn\'t want to have to download endless mods.

God, did you used Deadly Pears file? I just want to make sure I have all the ships so far.

Don\'t worry I checked, I added the God to the file.

Thats enough for me tonight, its late here in Blighty, and I need trbinsc\'s file before much more happens.

Goodnight :)

I posted the mods needed.

More specifically you need the Intrepid II parts and the Yawmaster CSM ASAS.

I\'m not going download endless mods of questionable quality. By doing mine out-of-sequence I\'ll take the most recent \'stock\' file available and add my own stock to it for merging latter on.

It also means I\'ll never see the final result as I won\'t be able to load the final non-stock file. :( Screenshots for the win please!! :)

TiZwS.png

Lol what happened here exactly ? how did your landing gear end up flung out of the system ?

Uhhhh, I had my landing gear attached to a radial decoupler, and I kind of prematurely detached it, so I had to land on the mun with just my engine :/

Are you all going to pass around the file once this thing becomes huge? A forum main base would be nice. Someone should PM Tim, he could get a 5-story apartment next to those landers.

And, no Exovian, it\'s NOT all stock. You need only apply and have 0.14, i think

No, it is all stock, f you want a mod parts Mun base please go to the roleplaying forum. I\'m sure they have one there.

We\'re going to need a separate one for stock I guess, maybe it needs its own thread?

I\'ll install mods in my community base installation of KSP, it\'d be nice to have some colour.

Also, anyone posting non-stock ships, please give us the link to the parts as well, I for one have no idea where Intrepid II is or Yawmaster.

sigh - just spent hours landing at the mun base. Planted my \'lander\' and then decoupled my capsule for the return trip. Was feeling pretty good. 8)

When in mun orbit ready for return journey I switched back to my lander to view my handy work and it just exploded. sigh.

I did a quick load but the save was after the explosion so I\'ve nothing to show. Except screen shots. S:|

What causes the explosion? I\'m reluctant to try this again if my bits will keep exploding. :(

Edited by Navy4422
Removing attachments as per user request

Maybe because you left debris? if they were unstable they would have fallen over, Kerbals seem to have two kinds of building material, duct tape and explosives.

I have been wondering if it\'s possible to build a Mun cleaning craft of some sort.

sigh - just spent hours landing at the mun base. Planted my \'lander\' and then decoupled my capsule for the return trip. Was feeling pretty good. 8)

When in mun orbit ready for return journey I switched back to my lander to view my handy work and it just exploded. sigh.

I did a quick load but the save was after the explosion so I\'ve nothing to show. Except screen shots. S:|

What causes the explosion? I\'m reluctant to try this again if my bits will keep exploding. :(

Yup, it happened to me too, check out this thread:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=8092.0

So, sal_vager, are you sure that you can merge save file? And to sing up, all you need to do is say you want a slot. We are attempting to use the lease amount of mods possible, but they are accepted. About the stranded engine, I was doing a TMI burn in 0.14x6 and I ran out of fuel in my orbital insertion stage, which was completely normal. I pressed space to decouple it, and then space again to turn on the engine of the next stage. The engine didn\'t turn on, and I pressed space again to try and fix it, which just ended up jettisoning the orbital stage. So, I immediately decided to brake with RCS, even though I was at the periapsis. I had completely forgotten about the earlier stages, and I smashed into my orbital stage, breaking off the engine. I then realized that I was at the periapsis, waited until the apoapsis, and braked with RCS, bringing the crew home safely.

I have combined the thee saves that were produced while you were away, can you double check them to ensure they are usable?

Also I have made a version without Gojia\'s ship, should someone want to start a stock only base.

Edit: I knew I forgot something, here is the stock save so far.

Either trbinsc can fly his ship or I can add his ship to the save and reupload it.

I\'d like that, can you upload the stock base too ? Since Gojira still hasn\'t posted links to the mods he used...

EDIT: Just checked the Stock save, still only two ships standing! What happenned to the Lunacy Mk3 ? I couldn\'t even find the other parts of the lander.

Just adding the Munandback to the file, I hope its fully stock.

Edit:

Well the Munandback must use a nonstock part as it prevented any craft from loading, so I guess now I know what happens if you don\'t have a part installed.

It looks like God\'s file is the best one to go with for now as it has all the stock ships, I\'ll re-upload it so you don\'t have to hunt for it, I\'ll also do the non-stock file in a bit.

Just adding the Munandback to the file, I hope its fully stock.

Edit:

Well the Munandback must use a nonstock part as it prevented any craft from loading, so I guess now I know what happens if you don\'t have a part installed.

It looks like God\'s file is the best one to go with for now as it has all the stock ships, I\'ll re-upload it so you don\'t have to hunt for it, I\'ll also do the non-stock file in a bit.

This is really getting messy, I think we should really take a decision regarding non-stock parts.

I for one am against non-stock parts, what about you guys ?

Having non-stock parts does put some people off, but the same can be said of stock only, it wouldn\'t be so bad if mods weren\'t so large and the part count can easily get out of control, especially if someone only uses a single part from a large mod pack.

But I don\'t want to turn people away just because they like giant overweight underpowered rockets ;) and even I\'d like to use a few mods that give me some unusual abilities, no ones made an upside down engine yet and I have need of one.