Community Mun Base

Since I\'m in the middle of a mission right now, you are going to have to merge mine too. I\'ll update the flights in a bit. Still, I\'d like to have it that we don\'t need to merge saves, so please try to follow the upcoming flights list on the OP. Also, please do not use non-stock parts unless you absolutely cannot get to the mun without them.

Okay I shall merge your craft into God\'s save, as his is the most up to date so far, then I\'ll have a go (and finally allow my boosters to reenter the atmosphere)

Perhaps someone can volunteer to run a dedicated Non-stock only Munar base?

I heard that the Lunacy Mk3 has disappeared? If so, mind if I can cut in line and get another one up there? (intact)

Oh and an idea you could do is have two bases. One stock and one mod/stock. And you would post both in the main thread and whenever people want to sign up for one they have to request saying something like:

'Request to be queued in the Mod Base'

And vice versa. And when people post up the save file they have to say

'Mod Persistence File'

DeadlyPear, I\'ll put you on the list. Also, you can have more than one turn, just not more than one flight per turn. I may not have made that clear. Also, I\'m going to put a link to the curent save, as well as a picture of the current base in the OP.

trbinsc: Thanks for adding me.

So how does this work?

I wait for my turn an THEN download the latest persistence file?

Or download it now, an launch my craft anyway?

Its remarkable, just how many crashed/damaged shuttles there is.

Still nice to see, community constructed Mun Colony..

(Waits in fear of the Cylons)

Unless you are extremely impatient, wait until your turn, because sal_vager is the only one that knows how to merge files. I\'m going to have to PM the people who are in line next, I don\'t think they know its their turn.

I have to go to the dentist and I\'m in the middle of my orbital burn. I\'ll be back in an hour or two and if anyone has landed by then could someone merge my file into it once I\'m done? (Into the stock save file though)

Ok, I\'ll see if I can figure out how to merge so sal_vager doesn\'t have to do all the work. In the future, please try to keep to the flight schedule if you can.

Edit: could someone make some sort of bulldozer rover to push away the debris?

Unless you are extremely impatient, wait until your turn, because sal_vager is the only one that knows how to merge files. I\'m going to have to PM the people who are in line next, I don\'t think they know its their turn.

I can wait.

But please note, I am in Ireland, so my time zone may be slightly different.

This means if its my turn it could be hours before I can launch. Please PM me, when its my go.

Now I do have Three different, MUNAR designs.

Do I have to launch them at different times, or all within a 3 hour window, an pass the persistence file on?

Ok, I\'ll see if I can figure out how to merge so sal_vager doesn\'t have to do all the work. In the future, please try to keep to the flight schedule if you can.

Edit: could someone make some sort of bulldozer rover to push away the debris?

The persistence file details each vessel in the order it was introduced to the world, and the file is plan text which can be read by any text editor.

To copy a vessel from one file to another, find the first instance of that vessels name, and copy the block of text until you reach the next vessel, but be aware there is a lot to scroll through.

Then paste the vessel into the other file, if it is at the bottom, it will be the last vessel to be loaded into the game world.

As soon as I successfully land the \'Welcome To Badlanding\' I can add my vessel to the file.

I\'m downloading this file to check it out (the one Samonite posted), and I might send my new Mun Base design up there while I\'m at it. If someone flew in the mean time I\'ll just add my ship to his file.