[WIP] KAP - Kerbin's Age of Pioneers (A Career Mode Overhaul)

AlphaAsh

This has actually moved on from being a 'mod pack'. I'm busy replacing the various placeholders with parts that I make myself and once a good set of those is complete I'll be releasing a Module Manager config for Squad's parts only.

• 1 month later...

Nothing playable at the moment. Confirming pre-requisite mods and making the MM files for those are still WIP, replacing placeholder parts still WIP, a new tech tree WIP, and a plugin for stuffs I'm not ready to say anything about yet still WIP.

I'm hoping to have a new alpha of KAP ready to go in a couple of weeks. Don't hold me to that.

KAP is similar to Better Than Starting Manned but starts with prop planes and advances 'ages' from there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to say I've really enjoyed these parts.

It would be nice to have a comprehensive tech tree focused on a flight-first progression, including all the available aviation oriented mods (e.g. Firespitter, KAX, RetroFuture, B9, et. al.), but I understand that's beyond your scope for this project. I'd tackle it myself if I had the slightest clue how.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@AlphaAsh Ummm...so are you still developing this mod?... I ask because you have no download link in the OP, it's an old mod, you show it still as WIP, and there is no mention of compatible KSP version anywhere... However, I see you have it up on KerbalStuff with consistent updates, all the way up to 1.0.5... ??

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod evolved in to a parts pack that I have now discontinued. The last version for KSP 1.0.5 is available on SpaceDock and I have invited voluntary maintenance of the cfgs for KSP updates by someone I trust over in the Add-On Release thread of Rovers & Roadsters.

I may explore original concepts for Kerbin's Age of Pioneers in the future.

Moderators, please lock.