The pirate talk thread

gooddog15

Arr, this thread be dedicated to pirate talk, say anything ye want, but mi thinks that ye will do that anyway!

also make sure to go by thee forum book of rules! :)

ARR!

please read:

This thread is not to be considered to have "perfect" english. This thread is meant to have user's try to talk like pirates (sailors who stole stuff from others).
This thread is meant to be comical, and should not be taken seriously.

Este hilo no se considera que tiene "perfecto" Inglés. Esta discusión está encaminada a producir el try de usuario a hablar como piratas (marineros que robaron cosas de otros).
Este hilo está destinado a ser cómico, y no debe ser tomado en serio.

Ten wątek nie ma być uważany za "doskonały" angielski. Ten wątek ma na celu mają okazję do rozmowy użytkownika (żeglarzy jak piraci, którzy ukradli rzeczy od innych osó.
Ten wątek ma być komiczny, i nie powinien być traktowany poważnie.

Ce fil ne doit pas être considéré comme "parfait" anglais. Ce fil est censé avoir l'essai de l'utilisateur de parler comme des pirates (marins qui ont volé des trucs des autres).
Ce fil est censé être comique, et ne doit pas être prise au sérieux.

Dieser Thread ist nicht als "perfekt" Englisch zu haben ist. Dieser Thread soll versuchen Benutzers, wie Piraten (Segler, die Sachen von anderen gestohlen) zu sprechen.
Dieser Thread ist gemeint, komisch zu sein, und sollte nicht ernst genommen werden.

íтð ýøть ýõ ÑÂûõôуõт рðÑÂÑÂüðтрøòðть, чтþñы øüõть "øôõðûьýыù" ðýóûøùÑÂúøù. íтþт ÿþтþú òøôу, чтþñы øüõть ÿþÿытúу ÿþûь÷þòðтõûѠÿþóþòþрøть úðú ÿøрðты (üþрÑÂúþò, úþтþрыõ уúрðûø òõщø ø÷ ôруóøх). íтþт ÿþтþú ÿрõôýð÷ýðчõý ôûѠúþüøчýþ, ø øх ýõ ÑÂûõôуõт ÿрøýøüðть òÑÂõрьõ÷.

Esta discussão não deve ser considerado como tendo "perfeito" Inglês. Esta discussão é para ter chance do usuário para falar como piratas (marinheiros que roubaram coisas dos outros). Esta discussão é para ser cômico, e não deve ser levado a sério.

Questo thread non è da considerarsi di avere "perfetto" inglese. Questo thread è pensato per avere prova di utente a parlare come i pirati (marinai che hanno rubato roba dagli altri).
Questo thread è destinata ad essere comico, e non dovrebbe essere preso sul serio

If you are a little kid in school, and has no idea what english is, do not take this thread seriously and don't try to write like in the text of this thread. people will laugh at it and think that you're just trying to be funny.
this also goes for: kerbonauts, dogs, cats, monkeys, devices that can run under 1.5 volts, space cores, zebras, blob fish, apples, watermelons, firetrucks, crazy self-aware AI's, fish, bacteria, pun making cat lawyers and dog accountants, ect.

[SIZE=3]worries regarding rule 2.4: Language, placement spelling and grammar:[/SIZE]
"All messages must be sent in English unless otherwise indicated. The user should make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section and must attempt to use proper grammar and spelling in all messages, meaning that txt-speak, 1337-speak and other exclusionary jargons are prohibited."

I know few of you people reading this have noticed this rule, and I've been sort-of worried about it.
however, here's a few things why I believe that it is not in violation to the forum rules:
1. we are talking in understandable english, with some piratey variations of words.
It is not what is called "engrish" although some people will go above and beyond and go into full pirate talk overdrive, which will become almost completely confusing.
those posts shall not become representative of this thread

2. this place (what I think) is in the right forum section.

[SIZE=3]Note to moderators:[/SIZE]
If you find this thread to be in violation of rule 2.4, just go ahead and lock it, or delete it all together.
I and other people wouldn't really care if this thread goes away, as it was just for fun.
However, I would like this thread to be enjoyed for a little while longer, as it will eventually become forgotten in the thousands of forum threads in the space lounge

"My spaceship is a carrot"
if you've actually read this, you should get candy. However if you want a challenge, try to get the reference from the quote above this sentence.

ALSO: banana's ARE the nerdiest fruit. Do not question it, as scott manley said it

Edited by gooddog15

Aye, ye be right scurvy dog. Goldman-Sachs be the name o' the screamin' banshee that haunts all the boats who hear her screams. Ye oughta be throwin' Vanamonde off the boat, he be a landlubber tryin'a steal yer booty. I've heard tales of many a sailor bein' tricked by the Vanamonde into handin' over they booty, sayin' that they be good mates or that they be drawing the swords if they don't get the booty. Vanamonde be a stinky landlubber with nothin' better to do than stay in 'is great big shack of a house watchin' the flame go out. If the Vanamonde be tellin' you of these tales, fire yer cannon at 'is dumb, banshee-lovin, landlubber hide, and he be runnin' away faster 'en the Maria at full wind!

Edited by Flymetothemun

Arr, I concur. Them scurvy bildrats are suing mi booty after I took they're captains yacht on a joyride. Aye be being found guilty of 4 counts of grand theft boating, and 2 counts of drinkin & sailing. That really made that old cranky seapig mad as a raging Poseidon. Anyway aye need to be gettin to ye anti scurvy machine pronto. And maybe mi bed for a goodnights rest

Edited by gooddog15

Arrr! Isn't this thread against rule 2.4?

2.4 Language, placement spelling and grammar

All messages must be sent in English unless otherwise indicated. The user should make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section and must attempt to use proper grammar and spelling in all messages, meaning that txt-speak, 1337-speak and other exclusionary jargons are prohibited.

Arr, me thinks not. we be saying in legible english, be in the right forum sea and not be speaking in another language. Also me knows that thee grammar rule is disobeyed alot. If we be in violation, we would be plundered by vandamonte and others, yarr

Yarr, we shall plunder his booty, har-de-har-har. If that rule be true, then thee talk in kerbal language threads would be under a storm right now, yarr

Now I have a joke to tell ye, what is a pirates favorite letter?

Edited by gooddog15

Aye, I be thinkin' it be stolen by Modbeard himself! Ye better be loadin' up yer ship with a full load o' powder and balls, Modbeard be the toughest pirate in all the seven seas! I heard from a matey in Britain that he sunk over 500 ships in one year!

I'll cut ya from stem to stern with a rusty cutlass for pondering such a subject.Didn't that sea witch that berthed ya teach ya no a thing ? from Just John-navigator,instigator and sometimes procrastinator.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.