[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

Beale, I wonder, what will you do after finishing with that manned and cargo ships, will you do probes or automatic scientific satellites? A thing like Luna 16 would be nice, that necessity to bring a kerbal to take surface samples makes me sad.

g19a.jpg

Edited by Niemand303

Sometimes KSP when parsing files opens the first found model, so yes, Beale, it was that you had both model in the same folder maters (i had a similar problem when tried to put all my shuttle parts in one folder). Removing old model will help.

This seems to have fixed it, at least testing KSP on Mac OS Yosemite.

Thanks a mil!

I'm on a mac, and I'm using the latest update

The latest update was the Farshot engine, right?

That's the one, hopefully should be fixed in the next release :)

Hehe, I look forward to your posts always! The little command seat probe thing with the docking port is too cute :)

Beale, I wonder, what will you do after finishing with that manned and cargo ships, will you do probes or automatic scientific satellites? A thing like Luna 16 would be nice, that necessity to bring a kerbal to take surface samples makes me sad.

http://www.epizodsspace.narod.ru/bibl/getlend/g19a.jpg

Hmm, I hadn't thought of Luna 16, something like Fobos Grunt I had juggled around in my head however (And some "all in one part" RemoteTech2 Relays)

fobos-grunt__1.jpgdata_relay_satellite.jpg

Or maybe LADEE inspired micro probes/landers

modular4.jpg

In reality, the current "to-do" is like:

• Proton Release
  • Tantares Release (Kvant IVA, new misc parts, major bug fixes)
  • More MIR parts?
  • TMK?
  • Something like you suggested?
  • Soyuz Launch Vehicle?
  • Something not Soviet and from the period between 1960-1990? :P

Those last five bullet points could be moved around a bit, depending on what I find the most fun :)

Honestly I have had so many suggestions that I would like to do, it is hard to keep track of. Some things get pushed back, some pushed forwards. It's all very fluid.

Overall though, I would like to slow down the rapid development a little, what is better one polished spacecraft, or several unfinished ones? I hope people understand.

Edited by Beale

In reality, the current "to-do" is like:

• Proton Release
  • Tantares Release (Kvant IVA, new misc parts, major bug fixes)
  • More MIR parts?
  • TMK?
  • Something like you suggested?
  • Soyuz Launch Vehicle?

How about updating the Fuji orbiter or making a Gemini-like thing? Or even a Dragon V2 alike? I don't think anybody has made a stockalike Dragon V2 or even V1 before. Anyway, whatever you do it'll probably be awesome.

How about updating the Fuji orbiter or making a Gemini-like thing? Or even a Dragon V2 alike? I don't think anybody has made a stockalike Dragon V2 or even V1 before. Anyway, whatever you do it'll probably be awesome.

Actually, I neglect to mention, the Fuji Orbiter is midway updated, I just haven't really felt the need to "show it off" yet :D Expect not long (Or maybe long as I think it needs a much better IVA).

Gemini - I don't know, already there is a very good one in HGR/FASA, but I do have interest in it :)

Dragon - There is a Stockalike V2 in the works, I believe...

Not by myself.

0c1910ca38.jpg

Can't wait for the proton! I'm happy that the pictures were useful!

For the Mir I don't think that there should be too many parts to do, maybe Priroda antenna and a couple of other parts....

For the future I think that the TMK would be very interesting, but it's up to you to decide what to do

Actually, I neglect to mention, the Fuji Orbiter is midway updated, I just haven't really felt the need to "show it off" yet :D Expect not long (Or maybe long as I think it needs a much better IVA).

Gemini - I don't know, already there is a very good one in HGR/FASA, but I do have interest in it :)

Dragon - There is a Stockalike V2 in the works, I believe...

Not by myself.

http://puu.sh/bM5E3/0c1910ca38.jpg

Nice to hear. Oh, and who's making that dragon? Can you give me a link to a thread?

Can't wait for the proton! I'm happy that the pictures were useful!

For the Mir I don't think that there should be too many parts to do, maybe Priroda antenna and a couple of other parts....

For the future I think that the TMK would be very interesting, but it's up to you to decide what to do

Yeah :) The Priorda antenna is one of the big things that is hard to replicate in Stock.

I was going to propose Kliper, but i remembered that: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91694-WIP-Part-14-09-14-MOSOI-Industries-%28Aeria-v0-17-5-Ignis-v0-3%29

Is it possible to make MAVR / TMK based on the current parts ?

It is possible, but I'm keen to implement some "specific" TMK parts.

It is Tygoo's, yes :)

But the picture I have shown is quite an older picture.

Well, this mod is kinda uncompleted, as far as my PC's monitor is down the development is on hold.

Anyway, the Aeria's history can be traced in this thread, as it was heavily inspired by Tantares. And about TMK, I think it can be assembled using Vega/Alnair parts and stock nuke engine. Also, someone has created a TMK copy already in this thread using Vega parts, as I can remember.

And about TMK, I think it can be assembled using Vega/Alnair parts and stock nuke engine. Also, someone has created a TMK copy already in this thread using Vega parts, as I can remember.

Yep, that was me! It's pretty easy to throw a TMK together using Tantares parts (although I did use HGR for the fuel tank and reentry module parachute). Here's an updated version:

4UWadN9.jpg

VZmhMYG.jpg

MrfL1Sd.jpg

It's got about 1,600 Dv, so you'll need to launch it on an appropriately large booster to do a Duna flyby. Really, the only part we'd need to complete this is a better crewed adapter between the large cabin and the smaller ones. The Kvant works pretty well, even if it doesn't line up quite right at the ends. There is the other crewed adapter in the Vega series, but it's skinny part is a little too long to really complete the look. Here's the craft file (NOTE: needs both HGR and Tantares with Kvant) TMK all the way

Edited by DGatsby

Well, the 'muricans didn't do really anything from 1970-1990. It was just the russians. Maybe skylab?

Hi! Perhaps I phrase it wrong... I mean to make something post soviet 1990s + or American for example the ppts, orion(that's a pretty big undertaking) or one of the Soyuz ACTS concepts :)

Well, this mod is kinda uncompleted, as far as my PC's monitor is down the development is on hold.

Anyway, the Aeria's history can be traced in this thread, as it was heavily inspired by Tantares. And about TMK, I think it can be assembled using Vega/Alnair parts and stock nuke engine. Also, someone has created a TMK copy already in this thread using Vega parts, as I can remember.

I do hope you can continue Dev on Aeria :)

If you would like an IVA, I'd be happy to assist!

But as DGatsby has now posted, it is possible to make a tmk with current parts ( and a good one at that! ) but I still think a custom job would support it better. Who knows, maybe a LK derived duna lander to support it?

E]

Just the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. Oh, and this small feat of engineering called the space shuttle..yeah, not much going on there. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Space shuttle... I've been modeling a design for a Kliper based Micro SSTO. Nothing to show yet, some concerns of balance also, but who knows...

Edited by Beale

Speaking of the Space shuttle... I've been modeling a design for a Kliper based Micro SSTO. Nothing to show yet, some concerns of balance also, but who knows...

Why not go to something more original, like "Spiral'" project with its light BOR spaceplanes and heavy (BOI/Spiral')? I think it would provide larger possibilities.

And about Aeria IVA, yeah, there are a couple of thongs I should fix. The released version lacks a couple of "details", like windows and lights. But that is kinda less important than the gears. That's what I'll try to do after resuming.

Edited by Niemand303

Why not go to something more original, like "Spiral'" project with its light BOR spaceplanes and heavy (BOI/Spiral')? I think it would provide larger possibilities.

And about Aeria IVA, yeah, there are a couple of thongs I should fix. The released version lacks a couple of "details", like windows and lights. But that is kinda less important than the gears. That's what I'll try to do after resuming.

That is an interesting concept! :)

uraganb4.gif

Yeah :) The Priorda antenna is one of the big things that is hard to replicate in Stock.

I tried to find the launch configuration of the Priroda module, or at least read how the antenna was actually set up, but no luck. I suppose it was not launched as-is, the fairing would have to be unpractically large (and in Real Life they could not just let it stick through the fairings like we can ;)).

I suppose it was eva-deployed, but I could be wrong (and I have no basis to believe I'm not).

I tried to find the launch configuration of the Priroda module, or at least read how the antenna was actually set up, but no luck. I suppose it was not launched as-is, the fairing would have to be unpractically large (and in Real Life they could not just let it stick through the fairings like we can ;)).

I suppose it was eva-deployed, but I could be wrong (and I have no basis to believe I'm not).

EVA deployment has a lightbulb on my head! :D

Gemini Lander would definitely be cool to make :)

Tantares 9.0 & Tantares Launch Vehicles 1.0 Release

I hope people enjoy!

• Added ALV, a Proton clone.
  • Added Kvant IVA.
  • Station Science support
  • Redone alt textures
  • Added Xenon Atmospheric extractor (A new way to make money in career mode!)
  • Many bug and balance fixes
  • New download buttons shamelessly copied from B9

Here's something to keep in mind.

The ALV is still somewhat a work in progress, I really do need feedback on performance (is it overpowered / underpowered?).

Also, it still lacks a few (non-essential) parts, such as unique 2.5m decouplers and a LES.

A little on alternate textures

I've changed the file format, so the config by JohnWanyne1930 no longer works, I'm updating it A.S.A.P. but currently you'll have to manually swap them out.

It is worth it, however, as in my opinion the newer alt textures are a lot less "lazy" than the older ones and generally look better.

Please, any bugs you find, let me know :)

QxlmdDN.jpg

Edited by Beale

Here's a couple of links for you. Sorry, they're in Russian (I couldn't find them in English):

http://www.gctc.ru/print.php?id=320 - Launch configuration of Priroda. The Travers antenna is #20

http://www.rulit.net/books/dnevnik-kosmonavta-tri-zhizni-v-kosmose-ot-mira-do-mks-read-162009-1.html - This is a "Cosmonaut's Diary", book by Yury Usachov, sadly, I couldn't find English version (I'm not sure if it exists at all. Also: not to be confused with "A Diary of a Cosmonaut: 211 days in space" by Valentin Lebedev). It's a recount of his three space expeditions (two to Mir, one to ISS). He writes in detail about his experience with Travers antenna (it failed to deploy properly, and he had to go on EVA to fix it).

EVA deployment has a lightbulb on my head!

That sounds promising :)

I did find something eventually - see no. 58: <i>Yury Onufriyenko and Yury Usachov (...) completed the deployment of the TRAVERS radar antenna on Priroda following the failure of its automatic deployment mechanism.</i>

Even though it was designed for automatic deployment, I still think an EVA action would be cool.

And here there is a bad drawing of its furled and unfurled configuration. Reminds me of one of the SCANsat dishes.

23041996.jpg

This is probably the best representation of the unfurled TRAVERS antenna. It's probably the long grey tube-y thing at the bottom with the square cone at the right. How it unfurls from that, that's beyond me though.

Edit: Thanks, Biohazard! You ninja'd me to that image. Thanks for the diary, I read through his description of the eva (page 25, ang Google Translate seems to do a decent job of it). I still don't understand how it fits to that tiny rod though.

Congrats on the new release!

Edited by TheBedla

That sounds promising :)

I did find something eventually - see no. 58: <i>Yury Onufriyenko and Yury Usachov (...) completed the deployment of the TRAVERS radar antenna on Priroda following the failure of its automatic deployment mechanism.</i>

Even though it was designed for automatic deployment, I still think an EVA action would be cool.

And here there is a bad drawing of its furled and unfurled configuration. Reminds me of one of the SCANsat dishes.

Congrats on the new release!

That PDF is great!

It seems a lot of the "sticking out bits" were installed by EVA and not by some robotic rotating section. There is potential here in more KAS-compatible Mir parts...

Thanks for linking it :)

Nice! I know what I'm doing tonight.

~Edit: So I really love all your capsules. The Pol specifically is my go to unmanned. Check out the following link for my RT2 satellites made possible by the Pol. ;)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94391-Your-RT2-networks?p=1434960&viewfull=1#post1434960

Edited by Nori