[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

About TAC, I'll have a look, to be honest the "right" numbers have always eluded me (I don't use TAC myself).

I'll look at this tonight. I haven't seen any issues on my end, but I could have done something wrong in the MM patch.

HOLY CRAP THAT PROBE LANDER! i know that you plan on releasing in .25 but can you please do at least a pre-release or something, i want it!

Sure thing buddy :)

Bare in mind it's missing some parts to be made!

Oh, and it's not balanced to save its life, it's currently near capable of a Tylo Ascent.

Download FOBOS Alpha

Edited by Beale

Oooh... I like those!

Thanks!

"Fobos" looks great! So, do you have any plans about new spacecrafts? Hope, you'll make "Mars-3" or something like that.

Welcome to the forums!

After Fobos is done, I plan to break the trend of Soviet stuff by finishing and releasing the Fuji Orbiter (and maybe Apollo D2), then some more MIR parts, after that, who can say? :)

Also I'm writing a dissertation, so y'know, free time...

Agena Control Block engine fx - isn't it visually reversed? It looks like...

I'm not sure to be honest, but yes, I notice this too.

Thing is, when you max throttle, it seems to expand in the right direction...

When in low throttle, it sort of looks like wrong direction.

I will look into it, thanks :)

And those additions are from KerbinSide. :)

Thanks!

Eh, wait a minute guys, I update the alpha dl link with solar panels.

Edit:done.

"Beep! Beep! *Science thingy*"© Ike-Grunt probe. :3

http://imgur.com/a/A7QJi

Wow! That was quick :D

Awesome mission you've got there, I especially love the Fregatalike transfer stage.

Fobos is a bit overpowered in its current state? :wink:

Eh, it might as well be a Mun-lander, It seems to hold the right amount of fuel for its size, has low specific impulse, but it still has that high delta V.

Anyway, the Fobos is nearing completion, with the RCS jets done now.

Check the Beta for them.

f8f9e3d766.jpg

d68bed2bc6.jpg

6b73daa9f8.jpg

Fobos is a bit overpowered in its current state? :wink:

Eh, it might as well be a Mun-lander, It seems to hold the right amount of fuel for its size, has low specific impulse, but it still has that high delta V.

Imo, it's just fine. The Fobos-Grunt lander is a base design of a Lunar lander "Luna-Glob" and some other perspective automatic interplanetary stations like "Venera-D", so leaving it as it is will allow better range of applications.

Actually, your probe is the first thing I've sent to Ike. :D

I've been playing for two years and haven't been on several bodies yet, as my favourite laces to go are Duna and Laythe. :D

Edited by Niemand303

The Fobos looks great! I'm already planning a Bop-Pol Grunt mission!

I had an idea for the TKM: since you can build an almost perfect replica using your parts, you could make only the TMK fuel tank and engine, that are the only things really needed to build a perfect replica!

What's your dissertation on? I'm working on an MA in history myself (sadly not space-related).

Eheh, nice :)

Myself, I am working on "efficient n-body implementation for education", so a little space related.

The Fobos looks great! I'm already planning a Bop-Pol Grunt mission!

I had an idea for the TKM: since you can build an almost perfect replica using your parts, you could make only the TMK fuel tank and engine, that are the only things really needed to build a perfect replica!

Nice idea :) I'll look into it!

I'm sure the engine only gives like 10kN

It's true, but even that gives a TWR of >1 on Kerbin, take that lil' fella to Gilly and the TWR is... I forget, but probably close to 100. It's a real pain to touch down on Gilly with that kind of thrust alone.

I'm sure the engine only gives like 10kN

On Gilly, a 20-ton lander requires very accurate usage of eight standard 1kN 4-way RCS ports (i.e. 8 kN of thrust) to lift off and circularize. I don't even want to try 10kN engine on a featherweight probe :)

BTW, Beale: I suggest that you don't name it Agena - to avoid any possible confusions with real Agena. FOBO is a pretty cool name - I think you should leave it.

Edited by biohazard15

Here is the Bop-Pol grunt in all of its glory!

gqTVa4v.png

The lower section is the orbiter that will orbit both Bop and Pol (it should have enough dv), while the lander will land on Bop or Pol, i haven't decided yet (which one do you guys think is more intersting? Bop or Pol?)

Unfortuately i will have to wait a bit to launch it beacuse the Jool window is still far...