[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Every part will be orange from now on. I'm calling it Tantares version 2, Netherlands edition.

I'll be sure to do up the flag of the Dutch East India Company! :D

Request :

When making the .cfg files for the "clean slate" Tantares pack, is it possible to use unique part names that won't conflict/overlap with parts from the "old" Tantares? For example "name = TantaresNG_Crew_A" instead of "name = Tantares_Crew_A"? (or something like that)

The reasoning is that it would make things far more simple for modders to make modulemanager patches if both mods are installed side by side. To be specific, for my own mod I'd like to allow the user to have the "new" and "old" installed side by side, and use a simple modulemanager patch to remove the "old" parts which have been replaced/updated, without requiring them to go in and manually delete directories etc etc if that makes sense.

Edited by tjsnh

11 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Request :

When making the .cfg files for the "clean slate" Tantares pack, is it possible to use unique part names that won't conflict/overlap with parts from the "old" Tantares? For example "name = TantaresNG_Crew_A" instead of "name = Tantares_Crew_A"? (or something like that)

The reasoning is that it would make things far more simple for modders to make modulemanager patches if both mods are installed side by side. To be specific, for my own mod I'd like to allow the user to have the "new" and "old" installed side by side, and use a simple modulemanager patch to remove the "old" parts which have been replaced/updated, without requiring them to go in and manually delete directories etc etc if that makes sense.

Seems a good idea to me!

0cxpBDW.png
paDAVz5.png
bl4TAXQ.png
BlnX4dh.png

23 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Those new parts are looking great! I particularly like the new comms dish and docking port.

Thanks!

The Antenna is quite comfortable to fold, as seen here, it does not take up a wide space.

TUrjSik.png

They fold out correct as the real Soyuz. I would also like to include to older IGLA style Antenna with the Soyuz parts as it is a better fit there.

ZOUPwk3.png

As a random bonus, flags?

2wIIUBy.png

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

But how does it unfold? D:

Ha!

Do I look lke I have an engineering  degree? :wink: 

Maybe like this way, I think (But, more tightly packed).

PjwayDF.png
CqcdK0h.png

6 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I am mad.

School wi-fi blocks Imgur. I can't see these parts.

AUUUUGH

Here it is in ASCII

|
                 |
 _ __ __ __ ___ _|_
| |  |  |  |   |   |
| |  |  |  |   |   |
|_|__|__|__|___|___|

Edited by Beale

17 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Those folding panels look absolutely amazing!
They're going to be fixed once deployed right? Not rotating to face the sun?

My idea is to keep all the solar panels fixed (I imagine in the future it will be tweakable sun-tracking anyway!).

29 minutes ago, Beale said:

My idea is to keep all the solar panels fixed (I imagine in the future it will be tweakable sun-tracking anyway!).

Good call.
The stock tracking-panels will fill that role, non-tracking ones add some flavor, are more "accurate" to the real-world parts being represented, and frankly can be more useful.
For example - modeling a Vega-style probe bus, with it's panels, in KSP is/was/would-be very difficult without some non-tracking panels.

3732823890_2294dcc44b_z.jpg

4 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Good call.
The stock tracking-panels will fill that role, non-tracking ones add some flavor, are more "accurate" to the real-world parts being represented, and frankly can be more useful.
For example - modeling a Vega-style probe bus, with it's panels, in KSP is/was/would-be very difficult without some non-tracking panels.

Russian probe bus parts (including panels) is @akron's next goal after Surveyor is done.

33 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

ಠ_ಠ

That's not an OM...

fhCfhQ7.png

"It's a feature"

Spoiler

I think a Tantares claw would be useful, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I will make the new 1.2 version available soon, so people can play around with them a little. I just need to complete bump-maps + advanced (modern) solar panels.

IaXCASa.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Russian probe bus parts (including panels) is @akron's next goal after Surveyor is done.

I found some probe bus parts in the "monkey business" mod, but it certainly seems to be an under-represented bit of parts in terms of stock-alike-ish packs.

I have two questions :

1.About two weeks ago you showed a picture of a cheaper souyz capsule without a hatch , will it be in the release?

2.Is there going to be a revamp to the progress parts and the progress orbital modules?(I don't really think they actually need a revamp..:P)

Edited by NeoFatalis

3 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

and now we will surely need a wider fairing base :wink:

I have something in mind, much requested, to amend this.

But, figuring out how to fold and unfold is tricky! :) 

51hyAsA.png 

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

I have two questions :

1.About two weeks ago you showed a picture of a cheaper souyz capsule without a hatch , will it be in the release?

2.Is there going to be a revamp to the progress parts and the progress orbital modules?(I don't really think they actually need a revamp..:P)

Hello!

1. As soon as model-switch is available.
2. Indeed!

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

.. were you trying to grapple Gilly? :-)

Nothing to see here, move along.

41 minutes ago, Jabbman said:

Looks awesome Beale, good effort!

Thanks!