[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

That is normal for a stage separator which is what it is. Stage decouplers stay attached to one side or the other. Oops I was thinking of the Tantares. The Almach has a decoupler that should keep everything attached. Not sure why yours doesn't without a pic to look at it.

The Almach pod is stable both bottom first and nose first. When you first enter the atmosphere you should turn bottom first then while up high and then turn off SAS and it should stay. I personally like to turn off the battery in that craft after I get to orbit and use the the RCS for orientation until reentry. Also note that the pod should consist of just the pod and parachute, if you add anything else you might get different results.

For making sure the craft is correct, you can download the craft files and put them into the game, or you can view the pictures and build to match. Both are in the first post of this thread.

This pic shows how I build it, the fuel could be moved up a bit without issue.

front_Vostok%204_4.png?_subject_uid=312035695&w=AAAd4lsxsnAedL2UeWYYx21nQGRt8LBD2cHYEPl_30FmeQ

Edited by Leszek
Fix the picture output and strikethrough

**That is normal for a stage separator which is what it is. Stage decouplers stay attached to one side or the other.** Oops I was thinking of the Tantares. The Almach has a decoupler that should keep everything attached. Not sure why yours doesn't without a pic to look at it.

The Almach pod is stable both bottom first and nose first. When you first enter the atmosphere you should turn bottom first then while up high and then turn off SAS and it should stay. I personally like to turn off the battery in that craft after I get to orbit and use the the RCS for orientation until reentry. Also note that the pod should consist of just the pod and parachute, if you add anything else you might get different results.

For making sure the craft is correct, you can download the craft files and put them into the game, or you can view the pictures and build to match. Both are in the first post of this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83yo55opd630tx5/front_Vostok%204_4.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83yo55opd630tx5/front_Vostok%204_4.png

Craft files... Doh! Right, that would be a good idea >< I'll try to get some pictures up of what is going on soon. Thanks for your assistance.

Edit with an actual bug correction: In the tantares_extra_remotetech, the almach antenna is missing the

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

line, so in whole:

@PART[Almach_Antenna_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{

%TechRequired = flightControl
%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Otherwise you get the remotetech and stock antenna in one go, which is a little bit chaotic.

Edited by komodo

Can't wait! :D

Those look awesome, and I would fly any/all of them all over the place.

Which parts are you thinking that project would entail? Fuel tanks? Dish? Maybe some kind of truss? :)

Despite their size, not a great deal of parts... Yes, the fuel tanks, dish and generic truss system you mention. Radiators (?) also.

Combine with "end-game" lander (Duna/Laythe style) and you have interplanetary exploration in a neat little package.

Dumb question time!!!

For the Almach (A lovely little craft), i'm not at all sure i'm building it right. The decoupler seems to stage anything connected to it, with it. This can be rearranged, sure, but it makes me think i'm "doin' it wrong".

The other one is maybe a DRE/FAR issue, but it only wants to enter the atmosphere nose first. The parachute takes some... offense at this. Luckily I have the eva parachutes mod (for added realism in this case), but I don't know if that's a bug or not.

Just started a new save to try out the new launchers, they look fabulous already!

That is normal for a stage separator which is what it is. Stage decouplers stay attached to one side or the other. Oops I was thinking of the Tantares. The Almach has a decoupler that should keep everything attached. Not sure why yours doesn't without a pic to look at it.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/front_Vostok%204_4.png?_subject_uid=312035695&w=AAAd4lsxsnAedL2UeWYYx21nQGRt8LBD2cHYEPl_30FmeQ

The decoupler issue sounds very odd, I'm afraid I cannot help so much. I will wait for your image and see if I can figure out what is happening :).

For FAR/NEAR, as Leszek has mention, do you add antenna, etc. on top of the capsule? I think they are enough to tip the balance of weight.

Thank you on the launchers, I hope we can resolve your other issue :)

Craft files... Doh! Right, that would be a good idea >< I'll try to get some pictures up of what is going on soon. Thanks for your assistance.

Edit with an actual bug correction: In the tantares_extra_remotetech, the almach antenna is missing the

line, so in whole:

@PART[Almach_Antenna_A]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{

%TechRequired = flightControl
%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Otherwise you get the remotetech and stock antenna in one go, which is a little bit chaotic.

Ah! Will fix, thanks :)

Regarding the new CKAN project (a package manager for KSP), I took the liberty of creating some metadata file for this mod, as it isn't listed (yet). Don't worry, it just lists the name of the mod, your name, where to download it and bits like the license and a short description. Most of it is pulled (automatically) from Kerbal Stuff.

Before requesting that my metadata be pulled to the main repository, I'd like to ask you if you approve that. I won't take any credit from it and only do it so that people who use the new package manager can view your mod easily :)

You can review the file on github : https://github.com/eagleshift/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/Tantares.netkan

It's ready to go, just waiting for your validation !

Regarding the new CKAN project (a package manager for KSP), I took the liberty of creating some metadata file for this mod, as it isn't listed (yet). Don't worry, it just lists the name of the mod, your name, where to download it and bits like the license and a short description. Most of it is pulled (automatically) from Kerbal Stuff.

Before requesting that my metadata be pulled to the main repository, I'd like to ask you if you approve that. I won't take any credit from it and only do it so that people who use the new package manager can view your mod easily :)

You can review the file on github : https://github.com/eagleshift/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/Tantares.netkan

It's ready to go, just waiting for your validation !

It is absolutely fine! Really!

Many thanks :)

By all means, do take credit for making these things!

It is absolutely fine! Really!

Many thanks :)

By all means, do take credit for making these things!

Nah, I'll take credits on my own mods (if I finally manage to beat that beast named Unwrapping...), I'm just allowing a little more people to discover the mod, and I needed to integrate it to use the package manager, I was too lazy to install it separately !

My recent Duna mission with Tantares parts.

I said lunch, not launch!

hXt7mM3.png

I totally didn't miss up transfer windows and spend two years sitting in Kerbin orbit.

mb0dZfw.png

Dude, look out the window!

UXbGk14.png

Totally worth it.

g9dPWmd.png

Time to go now:

Qa9ICVT.png

Farewell ship, it was a good mission.

svxrvGZ.png

Just a question - what do you guys use to command your station components? Vega-derived ones are clear, you have that awesome manned/unmanned 1.25 control tube (forgot the name), but what about TKS-derived ones? I don't like clipping 0.625 drone cores somewhere, nor do I enjoy sending Kerbals up without return capsules. So, how do you do it?

I'm currently considering adding remote control capabilities to the TKS aft (actually front) control block, which would resolve this difficulty.

I think I also found the next component I'd love to see in the Tantares pack:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/iss_node.html

Nah, I'll take credits on my own mods (if I finally manage to beat that beast named Unwrapping...), I'm just allowing a little more people to discover the mod, and I needed to integrate it to use the package manager, I was too lazy to install it separately !

I would like to help with your modding endeavour, but I suspect you are using Blender? I don't really know a lot about Blender...

A new little space station:

http://i.imgur.com/1tG5QaU.png

Nice! A mini-mir :)

My recent Duna mission with Tantares parts.

I said lunch, not launch!

http://i.imgur.com/hXt7mM3.png

I totally didn't miss up transfer windows and spend two years sitting in Kerbin orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/mb0dZfw.png

Dude, look out the window!

http://i.imgur.com/UXbGk14.png

Totally worth it.

http://i.imgur.com/g9dPWmd.png

Time to go now:

http://i.imgur.com/Qa9ICVT.png

Farewell ship, it was a good mission.

http://i.imgur.com/svxrvGZ.png

Sweet flyby there!

I would like to make a Duna-lander at some point :)

What engine is that there?

Just a question - what do you guys use to command your station components? Vega-derived ones are clear, you have that awesome manned/unmanned 1.25 control tube (forgot the name), but what about TKS-derived ones? I don't like clipping 0.625 drone cores somewhere, nor do I enjoy sending Kerbals up without return capsules. So, how do you do it?

I'm currently considering adding remote control capabilities to the TKS aft (actually front) control block, which would resolve this difficulty.

I think I also found the next component I'd love to see in the Tantares pack:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/iss_node.html

Personally I put a probe core in TKS cargo bay and some surplus batteries

I typically use a "Tug" spacecraft to deliver TKS modules, but yes I see it is not an ideal solution...

I think a 1.875m probe core would be a good idea?

Also, yes, the node is kinda fundamental! I'll expect that will be in a next release! :)

Beale, I guess, you are looking for russian LV with universal payload. You already know about "Vulkan", "Enisey" and others.

But do you know about fully-modular "Angara"? The main idea of this rocket is you can, for example, take the first stage, increase its count to 4 and place all these things around the first stage.

f_d3d3LmZlZGVyYWxzcGFjZS5ydS9tZWRpYS9nYWxsZXJ5L2JpZy8zMjQvMTMxMzUwMjAyMy5qcGc=.jpeg

And here is PPTS (Or PTK NP), new russian spaceship (LV for this thing is "Angara"). That will be wonderfull to see this spacecraft in tantares! :cool:

NJayr2S91kg.jpgPPTS-03.jpg

Beale, I guess, you are looking for russian LV with universal payload. You already know about "Vulkan", "Enisey" and others.

But do you know about fully-modular "Angara"? The main idea of this rocket is you can, for example, take the first stage, increase its count to 4 and place all these things around the first stage.

http://sdelanounas.ru/i/d/3/d/f_d3d3LmZlZGVyYWxzcGFjZS5ydS9tZWRpYS9nYWxsZXJ5L2JpZy8zMjQvMTMxMzUwMjAyMy5qcGc=.jpeg

And here is PPTS (Or PTK NP), new russian spaceship (LV for this thing is "Angara"). That will be wonderfull to see this spacecraft in tantares! :cool:

https://pp.vk.me/c9245/v9245617/1b57/NJayr2S91kg.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/PPTS-03.jpg

Hi!

Nice info there.

I was vaguely aware of the Angara, but I didn't know it was that big! I pictured it more Soyuz size ( I assume those models are to scale).

I am a bit more interested now...

The PPTS (Which I've known up until now as the "Rus" ) was the first crew capsule I ever attempted to make :)

I think sooner or later I will definitely make it.

Very old pic.

a8d9d72ae8.jpg

'tis an FTMN Nuke engine.

Thanks! It's very pretty!

Soyuz LES

76dcb7fd27.jpgdbe26c8891.jpg

It should get you out of a hairy situation.

Soyuz Decoupler

c16d56b332.jpg

Out of curiosity, why make a Soyuz-specific decoupler? What's wrong with the TST separator for Soyuz staging? Could you make its behavior toggle-able between decoupling and separating if you wished?

Basically it is to not force people to use Tantares if they want to use the Launch vehicles. I can understand the kind of redundancy (Though it is a decoupler as opposed to a separator).

Still, it is mooching the texture from other parts, so the RAM usage is basically zero. :)

Unfortunately the toggle functionality is not available with plug-in.

In other news, finally re-applied thermal paste to my CPU, so I can play the damn game I'm modding for more than a few minutes. :wink:

LES in-action.

01e925d89b.jpgb09640f3e5.jpgb99422f1e1.jpg

The one of the nozzles is slightly rotated so it pulls away from the ascent vehicle. I didn't put the Soyuz separation into an action group, so had to frantically stage for the parachute.

But, it works well, as far as I can see!

I also may give the ALV a texture brush up, some point.

TLV Beta2

Edited by Beale

Explained, that makes perfect sense. Looking great. Can't wait to give it a shot some time. :)

Thanks!

That LES looks good! Also, I'd love to see a PPTS. This game lacks high capacity command pods.

Thanks!

And we shall see...

So next target is Vostok 3rd stage? (Maybe) And probaly a offical release soon.

There is ToDo:

-Vernier

-Radial Decoupler

-Stage Vostok(?)

-Fregat(?)

-Briz-M(?)

-Block-DM(?)

I think upper stages will come in an update after.

Edited by Beale

That LES looks good! Also, I'd love to see a PPTS. This game lacks high capacity command pods.

Until Beale gives the PPTS a shot (if he ever does), you can use the Odin capsule from NovaPunch. The new version (which isn't that new anymore) is a PPTS analogue.

Thanks!

Thanks!

And we shall see...

There is ToDo:

-Vernier

-Radial Decoupler

-Stage Vostok(?)

-Fregat(?)

-Briz-M(?)

-Block-DM(?)

I think upper stages will come in an update after.

Keep up man, I give you all the mental support of this world. Thx for info about to do.

Until Beale gives the PPTS a shot (if he ever does), you can use the Odin capsule from NovaPunch. The new version (which isn't that new anymore) is a PPTS analogue.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

EDIT:

Took a look at it. It's pretty, but it only holds three people. The planned PPTS is going to hold six, and for Kerbal I'm really looking for a high-capacity pod. Thanks for the suggestion though! I haven't looked at NovaPunch in a while.

Edited by DGatsby

Main reason for saving the whole ship, I suppose, is the pFairing setting - you will either need to incorporate fairing base ring into the ship, or use two interstage fairings - one to cover service module and other - to protect descent and orbital module during the ascent or LES activation.

Edited by nothingSpecial
forgot the quote, edit to clarify