[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Not sure if they're needed - or can be made at all. They would be kinda useless both in stock souposphere and FAR\NEAR.

Yup, the gimballing is good enough, that's why I didn't feel the need for them in this release.

That being said, I do like them, even just for largely cosmetic use, so I think they would be nice to have. :)

Yay!

Beale, I know it's a bit late, but I've figured out why I've had so many issues incorporating the T-CD01 Antenna into my designs. They fold the wrong way... Currently, they fold backwards, awkwardly sticking out form the OM, or whatever surface they're attached to, which increases the profile by a lot. In reality, they fold forward, and shape to the curvature of the Soyuz OM. They need to fold flush to the surface they're attached to. I can't find a way to attach them that makes me happy. :( Just something to think about when you have time in your production schedule.

Also, I agree with some others here about the N-1 missives. It just doesn't look right when a rocket the size of the N-1 has such a tiny flame. Needs moar smoke and fiyah...

In better news, it seems the N-1 is capable of cislunar trajectory in my installation of 64K Kerbol! I made some ISP difficulty tweaks to make things scale right without redesigning everything, using a built of a Tantares Vostok-1 as my control craft; It should just make orbit. Things have scaled really well, so I think your ISP values for the N-1 are about right.

P.S. the new Soyuz LV colors are beautiful. :)

EDIT: Kudos to Niemand303!

Edited by curtquarquesso

Really love the new N1 rocket Beale!

Many thanks! :)

Beale, I know it's a bit late, but I've figured out why I've had so many issues incorporating the T-CD01 Antenna into my designs. They fold the wrong way... Currently, they fold backwards, awkwardly sticking out form the OM, or whatever surface they're attached to, which increases the profile by a lot. In reality, they fold forward, and shape to the curvature of the Soyuz OM. They need to fold flush to the surface they're attached to. I can't find a way to attach them that makes me happy. :( Just something to think about when you have time in your production schedule.

Also, I agree with some others here about the N-1 missives. It just doesn't look right when a rocket the size of the N-1 has such a tiny flame. Needs moar smoke and fiyah...

In better news, it seems the N-1 is capable of cislunar trajectory in my installation of 64K Kerbol! I made some ISP difficulty tweaks to make things scale right without redesigning everything, using a built of a Tantares Vostok-1 as my control craft; It should just make orbit. Things have scaled really well, so I think your ISP values for the N-1 are about right.

P.S. the new Soyuz LV colors are beautiful. :)

Hiya, thanks for the feedback.

T-CD01: I think perhaps that will change, I'll be doing the IGLA at some point too.

N-1 FX: Smoke is impossible, I know it's a shame, but no stock smoke FX is big enough to cover the exhaust. I can make the stage 1 flames longer.

Stage 2 & 3, the flame FX is now bigger and much more fitting.

64K: That's good news! You should thank Niemand303 for the N-1 balancing, he's done a great job!

Posted that for relevancy with this update.

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Haha!

Well I am glad you enjoy. :)

It's clearly a block of cheese.
the golden bolt off some capitalist pigs personal vehicle?

You've both were close!

But sadly not quite right!

You can hopefully take the fact you made my giggle like an idiot as consolation

APOLLO LEM :) Yes

Yes!

Well...

Not quite.

Actually it's a very LEM-inspired part to compliment the Mk-1 Lander can.

LanderCanMK1.png

c14a91ff40.jpg

Built in the 1.875m dimensions.

Born from the frustration of trying to build a box-shape micro lander in the VAB.

Many thanks! :)

Hiya, thanks for the feedback.

T-CD01: I think perhaps that will change, I'll be doing the IGLA at some point too.

Niemand303 for the N-1 balancing, he's done a great job!

Additionally, at about 1:50 or so in this video, you get a really good idea of how the docking antennae are stored under the fairing on the OM. Not too many photos of the docking antenna not deployed. Also good info for those trying to understand how the Soyuz fairings and LES system work. http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/media-entertainment/launch-escape-system-installed-soyuz-tma-02m/

Another misc part to fill the void.

Can you tell what this is yet?

Once again I'm flirting with the enemy.

http://puu.sh/g73TD/751dd9815d.jpg

I hope you like cold weather and mining salt in Siberia comrade...

1.25m, 1.875m, or 2.5m??? EDIT: 1875m it is!!!

Since you may still be early in the design, may I suggest that there be a recess for the LV-909 so it can recessed in the part to keep the nozzle safely above the regolith? It may be too specialized, and may not fit with you LEGO design standards. :P

Edited by curtquarquesso

I hope you like cold weather and mining salt in Siberia comrade...

1.25m, 1.875m, or 2.5m??? EDIT: 1875m it is!!!

Since you may still be early in the design, may I suggest that there be a recess for the LV-909 so it can recessed in the part to keep the nozzle safely above the regolith? It may be too specialized, and may not fit with you LEGO design standards. :P

Thanks for the video!

The recess:

Initially I tried 1.25m, but it looks too extreme:

742cc84800.jpg

So, it has ended up 0.625m.

Or maybe it will have its own nozzle, who knows yet.

Anyway, I'll get my gloves and coat...

A 1.875m part for the MK-I LC might be very handy. I never liked using 1.25m parts (they make it too tall and ugly) for it and 2.5m parts are too wide for a proper ladder placement. Good idea Beale!

Yes! This is exactly the frustration I had!

I found 1.875m to be a fairly good fit, but needed a nice gold foil part.

7f9e9916ff.jpg

Hopefully it is useful.

Lander can roughly is size:

153e8af5f9.jpg

83de3b18ab.jpg

First rough release of those "ram free" tantares texture using Mercury-esque parts I showed off a while back is finally up and available for download :)

Bloeting Areospace Corporation

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And big thanks to Beale for the reference material he PM'd me it was just what I needed to figure out how I was gonna pull this off, and of course for making the awesome tantares mod in the first place ;)

That new lander part is going to be very useful!

Good! :)

First rough release of those "ram free" tantares texture using Mercury-esque parts I showed off a while back is finally up and available for download :)

Bloeting Areospace Corporation

http://imgur.com/a/uzl22

And big thanks to Beale for the reference material he PM'd me it was just what I needed to figure out how I was gonna pull this off, and of course for making the awesome tantares mod in the first place ;)

Nice!

Very good to see this released.

And then I realized that the R-7's color is black, not green :(

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Yep, I felt it a bit better match with N-1.

More.

ZodiaK has kindly made a 1.25m LEM capsule, so maybe could see that in the future also.

ebd5b72c71.jpg

9aa48c5db4.jpg

62656a6202.jpg

9a8686361c.jpg

8b0fc75cc5.jpg

Tiny lemgine.

This will be the Rockomax 48-7S weaker and less efficient brother.

513533eac8.jpg

35886bec70.jpg

Edited by Beale

I am not clear on the new LEM style part. Is that an ASCENT engine block for the crew can? Will one 'side' need to be recessed to fit beneath the lower 'downward looking' window pane to see the surface if making an IVA only landing?