[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Ah, ok. So, what you're saying, is that people still wanted to use the old parts, so if they go into the Tantares folder, and add the old Vostok/Almach parts to the directory, they won't conflict with the new ones?

So, if I add the old parts back into the game temporarily so I can load my crafts, I can swap all the places of the older parts?

That's the case, correct :)

The discussion on this is... maybe 20 pages back, sorry it should have been more clear how things change.

Situation is:

Use new names: confusion (But,crafts may be recovered and transferred).

Overwrite old parts: broken craft files and sadness.

i rebuild my Stock Proton - all hail to the mighty bread :)

edit: the nukeengine is released? ... hell, time for a nuclear UR-700 with Tantares Parts :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/NhtRQCj.png

The proportions are nice :) how does it compare in capability to TantaresLV Proton?

And yes, the NERVA is included this release.

Edited by Beale

Ok here it is, my Tantares RemoteTech config v2.1! - Link

I will try and put out an in-depth tutorial/antenna use post later or maybe even a video on my channel but for now the important bits.

Antenna Name Range Type Notes

A961A 500,000 Omni on by default

L-LG1 5,000,000 Omni

V-CA 10,000,000 Omni

V-RE 25,000,000 Dish constant contact with the Mun.

T-CD 50,000,000 Dish constant contact with Minmus.

TK-CD0A 500,000,000 Dish as above, also useful for relay networks around Jool.

L-HG1 10,000,000,000 Dish contact with Moho for most of orbit, with Eve for some of orbit and Duna for very brief periods.

F020A 100,000,000,000 Dish constant contact with Jool and contact with Eeloo for most of orbit.

Mk-5 250,000,000,000 Dish constant contact with just about everything.

It is by no means perfect but it's close. I will give it another going over tomorrow but the only things likely to change is power consumption and, if I'm feeling brave, techtree balance.

Although I am looking forward to feedback and constructive criticism, this was my Saturday, your welcome.

Tantares 29

Really quite large update...

Find any bugs, let me know :)

27/06/2015

• 1.0.4 Compatibility.
  • Added Big-G crew capsule.
  • Added revamped Vostok spacecraft.
  • Added revamped Vostok launcher upper stage.
  • Added Shenzou orbital module.
  • Added NERVA-Alike.
  • Added Revamped VA capsule and tower.
  • Added Apollo antenna.
  • Added Mars-3 Dish.
  • Added alternate Blue and Green textures.

http://puu.sh/iEH4i/c6669555ed.jpg

Hello! Welcome! And thanks!

1. It is full in development now - this is the best reference for idea how it may look.

http://puu.sh/iEHo6/3ae6812094.jpg

2. TKS capsule, might be a centre of lift issue - I will check it out, thanks!

Lab - my station science config might be out of date (haven't used the mod for a while, sorry!) I'll check what the issue is. IIRC it only require one scientist in the lab.

3. I'll take a look, never played with TAC so I'm not sure... quite what numbers are good.

4. Yep, need to change these, thanks to remind me.

5. TKS IVA is next (And Vostok needs one). I'm holding off of IVA for parts that aren't a control part for memory concerns.

Thanks for feedback! :)

where is that little klipper like craft to be found?

thanks.

Glad to see it used so quickly! :)

Nice little jiggery-pokery craft there!

Put it this way; there's another version of the Big G out there that I've never, in well over a year's worth of trying, gotten to fly worth a tinker's damn. Yours has already surpassed my expectations on the first launch. I'm already plotting a joint Soviet/US Salyut variant thanks to what I've seen so far.

What folders/files do I want if I only want the Gemini and Gemini related parts and none of the Soyuz/Fugi/Shenzou/Salyut/etc/etc/etc... I did this once already myself, but I suspect I had more things then I needed...

the mighty loaf demaned a comparision .. here it is

comparison stock Proton vs Tantares Proton:

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Stock Proton[/td]

[td]Tantares Proton[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]part count:[/td]

[td]173[/td]

[td]21[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total mass:[/td]

[td]186,7 t[/td]

[td]203,5 t[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]test payload mass:[/td]

[td]20,25 t[/td]

[td]20,25 t[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]liftoff TWR[/td]

[td]1.5[/td]

[td]1.38[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total atmospheric dV[/td]

[td]3.601 m/s[/td]

[td]4.482 m/s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total burntime[/td]

[td]8m 44s[/td]

[td]4m 19s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]dV in 70x70 LKO[/td]

[td]~200 m/s[/td]

[td]~1.500 m/s (2nd stage still attached)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]thrust stage 1[/td]

[td]2.980 kN[/td]

[td]3.200 kN[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total dV stage 1[/td]

[td]1.890 m/s[/td]

[td]2.639 m/s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]burntime stage 1[/td]

[td]1m 27s[/td]

[td]1m 54s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]thrust stage 2[/td]

[td]860 kN[/td]

[td]1.400 kN[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total dV stage 2[/td]

[td]1.274 m/s[/td]

[td]1.528 m/s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]burntime stage 2[/td]

[td]1m 22s[/td]

[td]1m 4s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]thrust stage 3[/td]

[td]279 kN[/td]

[td]390 kN[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total dV stage 3[/td]

[td]778 m/s[/td]

[td]1.043 m/s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]burntime stage 3[/td]

[td]5m 55s[/td]

[td]1m 21s[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]total costs[/td]

[td]67.104[/td]

[td]83.278[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1st stage costs[/td]

[td]38.496[/td]

[td]55.600[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2nd stage costs[/td]

[td]17.314[/td]

[td]16.750[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3rd stage costs (with payload fairing)[/td]

[td]11.294[/td]

[td]10.928[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

comparison of flight characteristics:

While the stock Proton is rock solid with no woble, it can be a bit hard to do the pitchmaneuver. The Tantares Protn is easy to maneauver during powered flight of the first and secondstage, but the rocket tends to wobble. Overall the tantares Proton is more powerfull and has more fuel compared to a stock version with similar length. espacily the thrust of the second stage is bigger. with a testpaylod of only 20,25 tons, the tantares Proton is so powerfull, that the secodn stage has still dV to spare when reaching a stable LKO.

the direct comparison of the size with a real Proton (Salyut on top) shows, that the first stage of teh tantares Proton is to long while the rest has the perfect size. The stock Proton has a slightly to short first stage

problem during testing of tantares Proton:

the verniers of the trhird stage engine are not powerfull enough to controll the third stage together with a 20+ t paylaod WITHOUT SAS

7sQcQWz.jpg

edit: fixed picture with guidelines for stages

Edited by Darth Lazarus

What folders/files do I want if I only want the Gemini and Gemini related parts and none of the Soyuz/Fugi/Shenzou/Salyut/etc/etc/etc... I did this once already myself, but I suspect I had more things then I needed...

Gamedata\Tantares\Gemini

...maybe...

Gamedata\Tantares\Spaces

Gamedata\Tantares\Props

the direct comparison of the size with a real Proton (Salyut on top) shows, that the first stage of teh tantares Proton is to long while the rest has the perfect size. The stock Proton has a slightly to short first stage

Hmm interesting: my old designed used clipped in "Terrier" and "Reliant" engines as the main engines for the first stage:

Y9a9LWj.png

Hello

Bug report:

The escape tower (The original one, I haven't tried the other.) doesn't have an icon in the staging list in the VAB, you have to wait until you are on the pad and then remember to move the blank icon. Someone made an alternate cfg that fixed that before, but you have had two Tantares updates since then and it looks like the fix hasn't been merged with the download.

I don't know if this is a bug report:

Parachutes get ripped of very easily well past when they really should. I don't know if this is a Tantares thing or if it is the 1.0.4 KSP thing but it is really annoying when you wait for your speed to be well below 300 and the G meter to be less than 1.5 g's, pop the chute and it is destroyed.:mad: I don't use the stock parts for reentry so I don't know if it is the game or the mod. I have tried to google it but my google foo seems to have failed me. :huh::confused:

Update:

I found from IRC that you can also right click on the parachute and it will say when it is safe to deploy.

Edited by Leszek

Is that right? I thought the 3 month figure was in Dormant mode while berthed to a space station?

eh, I'm not really sure, however is not like we can put our crafts in dormant mode in KSP (or can we?), I just think that it would be nice to have more supplies on the soyuz because I use it mostly to re-supply my stations and having to re-suplly it every 4 days is not cool.

I don't know if this is a bug report:

Parachutes get ripped of very easily well past when they really should. I don't know if this is a Tantares thing or if it is the 1.0.4 KSP thing but it is really annoying when you wait for your speed to be well below 300 and the G meter to be less than 1.5 g's, pop the chute and it is destroyed.:mad: I don't use the stock parts for reentry so I don't know if it is the game or the mod. I have tried to google it but my google foo seems to have failed me. :huh::confused:

You need to deploy your chutes at speeds below 250 m\s. It's also worth noting that you should set deploy altitude at 1000m at least, and aim for splashdown.

eh, I'm not really sure, however is not like we can put our crafts in dormant mode in KSP (or can we?), I just think that it would be nice to have more supplies on the soyuz because I use it mostly to re-supply my stations and having to re-suplly it every 4 days is not cool.

Err yes and no

3 months is the soyuz dormant mode, I thought it was 1 days supply for the landing module and 13 days for the orbital module

You do have a dormant mode when your docked (kinda), TAC drains all resources equally and considers docked craft part of the station so you need to remember to do the alt click tank transfer thing (or Use tac balancer or ship manifest) before undocking

Pesonally I always install procedural parts as a matter of course and a 10mm x1.25m life support tank sitting just before the manoeuvring engine adds a nice 20 days of LS

Loving the latest Tantares version so far! Built a new omni-ship (only lacking harpoons this time around, I been using explosives instead, would prefer a smaller Tantares' version of the grabber unit to be honest) same config as the last ship but different design. It's already out of the draftboard and only needs to pass a few more tests and then I'll take some screenshots of it. :D

Anyways, while I was building my ship and testing it constantly I used TK-QS01A Separator in the middle as a structural part to attach engines and that's when while in flight some warped stuff happened, I don't know what was going on but everytime I went up to about 6000-6500 meters the game just went bonkers with my ship, it's external camera focused quite a few meters below from the craft and not only that, the whole ship's center of mass was in that invisible area too as I saw my ship's RCS firing like it was on top of some tower. :confused: After much frustration later I just decided to off TK-QS01A ability to separate all-together and removed any trace of separation, then ingame I removed the old part from my ship and re-added it to my ship as a regular structural part (I never separate/decouple my stuff anyway, waste of resources and my nerves should I accidentally press space). Well, it seemed to have fixed that particular bug but it shouldn't do that in the first place. :huh: Maybe because I'm still using 1.0.2 but, meh. The config files I edited didn't really seem to differ so I'm not exactly sure. Something to do with having KJR installed?

Edited by T'Flok

I just think that it would be nice to have more supplies on the soyuz because I use it mostly to re-supply my stations and having to re-suplly it every 4 days is not cool.

Shouldn't you use the Progress/Hamal for that job anyways?

Shouldn't you use the Progress/Hamal for that job anyways?

In a perfect world!

The problem is in Career mode the Progress and ATV are almost at the end of the tree and the Soyuz is way earlier so if you've got a space station because you signed some fool contract to have one then your either trying to get TAC inline tanks or hex cans on your soyuz..not a big deal but its really jarring to see this pretty soyuz with a huge white band in the middle where the TAC cylinder is

- - - Updated - - -

the mighty loaf demaned a comparision .. here it is

comparison stock Proton vs Tantares Proton:

Out of curiosity

Cost of Tantares Proton Vs Cost of your Stock Proton?

My perception has always been that the Tantares Proton (esp the lower stage) was massively overpriced but you've come the closest I've seen to a stock equivalent so I'm curious how the costs compared.

Out of curiosity

Cost of Tantares Proton Vs Cost of your Stock Proton?

My perception has always been that the Tantares Proton (esp the lower stage) was massively overpriced but you've come the closest I've seen to a stock equivalent so I'm curious how the costs compared.

cost comparision added to my table.

yes the first stage is overpriced compared to my stock first stage, even when considering the minimal more length of the tantares first stage. the rest is pretty fine.

Oh GOD!!!

i need that oomph :D

cost comparision added to my table.

yes the first stage is overpriced compared to my stock first stage, even when considering the minimal more length of the tantares first stage. the rest is pretty fine.

Yeah my go-to 2.5m Launcher has been variations on the Proton 2nd and 3rd stage parts (actually they make a mighty fine Rus-M)

Hello to all and especially to the bread mister...

How do I get to the previous versions / downloads of this great mod?

I must be overlooking something on KS, but it eludes me.

Thanks for all of the great work.

Click the KS link on first post. Then click on change log in the center. Scroll down, all version back to when it was first on KS is there.