[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Why not a red star? :P

jk

Because lazy mirror texturing means I had to choose between 4 and 6 sided star :sticktongue:

Folded

e8411c69b3.jpg

Extended

89d71c793b.jpg

CONFIRMED

Sure as it is, the LK cannot land on Tylo, R.I.P.

Edit: I didn't try with the Blok-D, doh!

8a89d9155f.jpg

Dish close-up

d7958ccbb2.jpg

Edit:

What was I thinking?

1ef6776b13.jpg

Edited by Beale

Nice antenna dish! I will be using on all deep spacecraft

Thanks!

Not if you're using RemoteTech! (Well, you can always alter the range to suit your liking).

Currently, it will operate just beyond the orbit of Minmus.

Thanks, komrade! Your effort will be appreciated by the Kountry. :)

No problem!

Now, only need to make the ladder, before LK is release ready.

Thanks!

Not if you're using RemoteTech! (Well, you can always alter the range to suit your liking).

Currently, it will operate just beyond the orbit of Minmus.

Maybe make it an lander-to-orbiter stuff? So that it communicates only with the orbiter. Or maybe if this is a dish, make it not an omnidirectional like the Tantares one to make it more balanced. :)

Maybe make it an orbiter stuff? So that it communicates only with the orbiter. Or maybe if this is a dish, make it not an omnidirectional like the Tantares one to make it more balanced. :)

You make some good points.

Yeah, I think I will make this one mono-directional, also the same to the Soyuz Dish (And make a small little Omni for the Soyuz maybe?)

As I think about it, it doesn't make any sense within the laws of physics for the dish to be Omni :sealed:

Excuting stuff here! I'm currently going to stop working on the M-1, as I really need to figure out why the last time I tried to fly it, my computer crashed during the second stage burn :P

I was enjoying the M-1 developments quite a lot :) But, the crash monster is an annoying one...

Hopefully the LK will "fill the void"...

I was enjoying the M-1 developments quite a lot :) But, the crash monster is an annoying one...

Hopefully the LK will "fill the void"...

I'll post the pictures from the most recent version later today. Also, I was rethinking how to launch that space station, and I think it could work if I copied the .cfg from your older Proton. Do you think that would work?

I'll post the pictures from the most recent version later today. Also, I was rethinking how to launch that space station, and I think it could work if I copied the .cfg from your older Proton. Do you think that would work?

This is for 6.4X Kerbin? If I recall right...

If so, yeah the older Proton may for sure be a good fit for the job, being slightly (or hugely) over-powered.

Ladder! :)

f403967668.jpg

a9639f776e.jpg

Tantares 18

"Surface Sample Edition".

Includes LK and Blok-D

5f499e5367.jpg

Personally I like the idea of a 2 Kerbal LK. In my opinion opens the door to the idea of the LK being used as a Taxi to a 1 module base landed by an N1 beforehand.

Maybe even you could imagine a soviet equivalent of the Lunar Rover for such a base.

A very good point too, actually I switched the Nesting jets to Monopropellant for this reason, they can be refeuled, making a re-usable Lunar Taxi :)

Soviet LR? Ohohoho, don't give me ideas!

One of the requests I have for a future version of KSP is more of a reason to use Rovers. No instant crew report for science or mission objective but have to do reports from a variety of spots in the local area. That would of course give those who want to go the Soviet route a reason to use the N1 to preland a base with rover.

This is for 6.4X Kerbin? If I recall right...

If so, yeah the older Proton may for sure be a good fit for the job, being slightly (or hugely) over-powered.

Were thare any major changes that would make the .cfg from the old one break the new one?

Edited by billbobjebkirk
major, not Majir

Yay! 10/10 RO-fying soon! Block D is amazing! <3

"What if I tell you"© a manned version of Lunkhod was planned as a Lunar Rover for extended missions. :)

RO - sweet!

The Manned Lunokhod is cool! Although it looks a lot more like a Cosmonaut piggy-backing a robotic rover than something designed for humans.

One of the requests I have for a future version of KSP is more of a reason to use Rovers. No instant crew report for science or mission objective but have to do reports from a variety of spots in the local area. That would of course give those who want to go the Soviet route a reason to use the N1 to preland a base with rover.

It would be nice, but really I'd like to see them overhaul the wheel logic before adding more ground activites.

Higher density ground scatter would be fantastic also, see Take-On-Mars for a good example.

Gbtvnewsbreak12-TakeOnMarsDreamGameForScienceNerds454-699.jpg

Were thare any major changes that would make the .cfg from the old one break the new one?

Yeah, you will need to pay close attention to the node positions, and the names of the transforms (for FX).

Apart from that, there should be zero problems, I'm happy to lend a hand if you run into some serious problems.

Anyway!

I'll give the poll a few more days, as it seems Salyut might be catching up to the PPTS...

I'm pretty excited to do either next, but it's interesting to see how votes are spreading.

Given that, it appears there really is an appetite for the PPTS, and it'll be nice to finally give SnowWhite's original models some texturing love (And for me, to not use the Mk1-2).

Also Kliper, the more I read about it, the more I'm convinced it was a worthy successor to Soyuz, love it.

Edited by Beale

Ohoho!

There was a fairly serious problem with the nesting jet fuel flow, as in they would drain all the monopropellant in your craft!

Now - adjusted so they just burn the 1/2 units in the nesting canister.

So, I urge folks to re-download :)

We will have to see what Unity 5 can do performance wise. Don't want only folks with monster computers to be able to anything worthwhile with the rover.

Oh, I'd forgot Unity 5. Will be good to wait and see.

Fingers crossed for the PPTS, a Kliper would be amazing too. LK looks great.

Thanks! :)

My voice goes for PPTS & Angara.

Just because re-working Mir for the third(?) time sounds kinda... strange. These are pretty nice models and they doesn't need any more polishing, IMO.

This would be the fifth (!) Salyut :D

I agree on Salyut (Maybe except Kvant, which I feel is a bit... outdated). Although, I would like to switch them to use more efficient textures (Currently it's 30MB).

Anyway the PPTS/Centarus and CLV rocket seem to be on the cards now :)

Edited by Beale

Everyone here is excited about the awesome LK, and I am just sitting here waiting for a good opportunity to show my newest Tantares ship...

So I´ll show it now! :sticktongue:

http://imgur.com/a/jnKaO

Great looking station! Short mod list?

Tantares 18

"Surface Sample Edition".

Includes LK and Blok-D

Congrats on Release 18!

• Did working on the new anntenna give you any insight on how to get the existing Kurs dish to fold flat and contour to the Soyuz OM?
  • How's the thesis coming?
  • How easy/hard is piloting the LK IVA only? Does the lack of radar altimeter and vertical speed indicator make it too challenging?
  • Is the N-1/LK/Soyuz7K-LOK system pretty much completed for the near future? Trying to gauge if I should start working on an authentic .craft file for the repository.

Everything looks fantastic, as always. :)

Great LK! And like others, I vote for and encourage you to do the PPTS and Kliper. Like you, I am tired of the MK1-2 pod. I know Squad has their priorities and all, but it desperatly needs a new texture.

V1ffytD.png

Something like this just drives me crazy.