[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Here's official Beale challenge number 2: Perform boost-back and landing manouver with N-1 Block A fuel tank (Must launch with Block B, C and G, no extra payload though), doesn't matter where you land (As long as it is on dry land), but I'll give a silly little namedrop in one of the part descriptions who manage it.

So .. land the full N1 stack, or does only Block A need to land (with the rest boosting off) ?

The week's been rough, RL and, well, other KSP stuff >.>, my late congrats on the release! You rock!

RO-config-man is going back to work, since I've released my first RtK assembly and will have time collecting feedback. :)

Also, I'm gonna do your challenge in RO! For whatever reason! Roar! Me land a thousand tons by powered descent! :D

EDIT: My first attempt. Not so successful, but I won't surrender, Bread-man!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Niemand303

Wait' date=' what? It's in the works already? or it's already finished? I'm confused. :confused: Did I miss something? :P[/quote']

A revamp of the revamp, or more like a slight art pass, complete with IVA.

Mainly I remove some of the uglier panel specularity found in the TKS and Soyuz and make it a bit softer (More like Vostok).

So .. land the full N1 stack, or does only Block A need to land (with the rest boosting off) ?

You need to launch the full N-1 (But you don't need a payload), but need only land the Block A :)

The week's been rough, RL and, well, other KSP stuff >.>, my late congrats on the release! You rock!

RO-config-man is going back to work, since I've released my first RtK assembly and will have time collecting feedback. :)

Also, I'm gonna do your challenge in RO! For whatever reason! Roar! Me land a thousand tons by powered descent! :D

EDIT: My first attempt. Not so successful, but I won't surrender, Bread-man!

http://imgur.com/a/dtO1G

Many thanks RO-Man! :)

I'm impressed anyone can attempt this in RO!

But all the more credit to you!

Nice job, I guess did the aerodynamics force it to orient wrong on the descent, or am I seeing picture 3 wrong?

A revamp of the revamp, or more like a slight art pass, complete with IVA.

Mainly I remove some of the uglier panel specularity found in the TKS and Soyuz and make it a bit softer (More like Vostok).

Oh, sweet! :D

Oh' date=' sweet! :D[/quote']

Thanks!

It is hard to demonstrate without a direct comparison.

But you may compare the undercoat texture of the Vostok to the Speccy

0cf4275471.jpg

Whatever the case, we can agree it is a capsule of pure evil.

a1e0369a63.jpg

8dc222a76e.jpg

Tantares 22 Release

the big ventidue...

16/04/2015

- Art pass to Cygnus

- Art pass to RCS parts

125d045d70.jpg

Edited by Beale

Whatever the case, we can agree it is a capsule of pure evil.

Looks fresher than before compared to Vostok and yeah the Spectre capsule does have this "I got my eye on you, Kraken!" look on it, part of the reason I like it. :D

Theres a reason why it's called SPECTRE.

This is very true.

Cygnus parts look nice!

Thanks!

Looks fresher than before compared to Vostok and yeah the Spectre capsule does have this "I got my eye on you, Kraken!" look on it, part of the reason I like it. :D

Thanks!

Although, that last one is a bit outdated, here's a better pic of changes made:

• Band near the top
  • Vostok style hatch mechanism
  • Galvanized metal undercoat

4bc72b45e7.jpg

Also, some more gooddog brand parts, which folks may be interested in.

Sadly these may take a while to make it into the game, as I am a little busy to do more than little texturing bits lately.

N9yzKZh.png

a0YNJnR.png

Nice texture and door changes to the Spectre! :) Much better than the previous one IMO. Anyway, a bit overdue but this is what I built about a week ago:

It's a small interplanetary ship. Came out even sweeter than I first thought it would. :D

T-2_InOrbit_zpsln9djmnz.png

A scenic farewell to Kerbin. :cool:

T-2_LeavingKerbin_zpsyhn5cnc0.png

Is that the TKS escape tower I talked about so long ago?? :D

Woot!

Woohoo :D

These will be usefull for Stations and bases!

Beale? how about a flying leaf of bread as a new capsule? :D

the ne Cygnus looks very good and i love the LES :)

Want that escape tower!
Heck yes, dem grid fins.

Well!

I think gooddog needs a pat on the back, or you could send him your rep :)

The TKS in general is getting a small revamp, but not quite on the scale of the Cygnus.

A texture alteration, now is much less scratchy and worn.

The awful "pillow shading" effect is gone, it was caused by a too-high contrast specular map. The panels are still distinctive, but look nice from a distance now.

f70569365a.jpg

bbec0c8ee3.jpg

815f915c57.jpg

Nice texture and door changes to the Spectre! :) Much better than the previous one IMO. Anyway' date=' a bit overdue but this is what I built about a week ago:

It's a small interplanetary ship. Came out even sweeter than I first thought it would. :D

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Stafath/T-2_InOrbit_zpsln9djmnz.png

A scenic farewell to Kerbin. :cool:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Stafath/T-2_LeavingKerbin_zpsyhn5cnc0.png

Very cute ship!

Nice use of Electric engines also :)

Found a bug involving RealFuels:

I set the Cygnus engine to use hydrazine but when I activated the engine, it won't run because it needs to use the fuel mix of MMH+NTO but there's no such option to set it.

Same problem too for the TKS rcs engines.

Ah, if I recall correct, the config is now handled by RO(? or maybe bundled with RealFuels?), I'm sorry I'm not so 100% clued up on this.

But, I think this may be a conflict of module manager patches!

Let me investigate :)

Edited by Beale

Could you make the TKS solar arrays deploy in classic Zarya style? :3

Wow, there's some nice mechanical stuff going on there, I'll have to have a look into doing something like that!

LES

Let's get creative!

W̛̭àÌâ€ÃŒÅ ÃŒÅ ÃŒÂµe ̨ÉÃÂ̸̹êcÃÂ̼̄̀Ëê̪ÇÙ̩Ȩ̶̫̀̽̅æ̻̭ȏ̴̊̅×̛Ê̺ÌÂÃÑÎ̩ÅË̊Õ̞̃̃u̙É̾éÄÓ̌į̧̂ÃÂÃŒÂ̲äl̲̖ÌÂÃœÖÅÚ̗d̪Ã…Ã’ÌÂ̽Ø̳ÌÂÃÂ̙á̸̃ ̻hÙ̞̽̉íÒç̶̋aê̾á̭̃å̯Ìâ€Ã¬Ì¯ÃšÌªvÄÌĄ̶̹̣̗̂̄̉ß̛̰̗eã̋Ì̳̯Ã¥Þ̑̚è̻Ä ̠Ñ̛̪̲̺̋ÃÅ¡ÃŒḀ̵̂̋̚p̸̢̞̤ÃÂßÞrá̼̄ẬÇ̨Ù̶̮̹̙̽̃å̷̧̰ÌÂȇ̓̇̚ÄÌÂÃÙËv̘̽̕Ã¥é̇ã̱̊ÌÂÃâ€eã̅̒ÄÌÂ̧Ìâ€ÃŒÅ ÃŒÌ¾Ì¨Ã“̷̇n̴̦҉̕̕Ú̧̪̦̘íÌÂÌŸt̨̕Ó̚ÃÂÈ̫̬eîáîÉÃÂ̿ÓÓÚ̚̕ï̯Ãâ€Ã‚ÃÂdØÒÃÅ“ÃŒÂë ̳̕ÃÂÇ̀è̶̄ËÓÌÂÃÂìt̡̼̑̊̕ÃẬÂ̘̺̂Î×̅áhàÌÂî̦̠ÌÂ̕í̘̙Ṷ̶̈̄ÃÂî̤s̾ÂÌÂ̽ÌÂ̕à

54748b6f2b.jpg

12d5bdd2e2.jpg

2b3ed5bde9.jpg

Edited by Beale

Why everything grey ? :( Despite this, here's a wonderful launch tower :wink:

I guess you're new here? :wink:

Snarque aside: Well, any other colour than grey or white, I would not think it could be called stockalike anymore (Gemini good example).

On SRB:

Should the thrust vector be straight, or angled?

If thrust vector is straight (I.E. doesn't pull sideways), SRB could potentially have other uses...

Edited by Beale

Man I wish you'd flip that TKS docking CM over so the nav ball would work correctly when using it to dock... (your previous objection to that idea was that you didn't want to break save games or craft files, but that ship has sailed with the Soyuz revamp, so... reconsider?)

Either way, it's looking sweet - as is it's LES!

Oh - and are you sure you want to model all those grid fin "wires", as opposed to using a texture with transparency, seems like a TON of polys for what is arguably a minor - albeit VERY WELCOME part.

Man I wish you'd flip that TKS docking CM over so the nav ball would work correctly when using it to dock... (your previous objection to that idea was that you didn't want to break save games or craft files, but that ship has sailed with the Soyuz revamp, so... reconsider?)

Either way, it's looking sweet - as is it's LES!

Oh - and are you sure you want to model all those grid fin "wires", as opposed to using a texture with transparency, seems like a TON of polys for what is arguably a minor - albeit VERY WELCOME part.

You do make a rather good point... Any large objections to flipping it? I don't mind a whole bunch (Though it would break a ton of .craft files which people seem fond of).

Grid fin: Certainly I'll be reducing the polycount on them.

I'm not actually sure what would be more efficient, modern GPUs are very good at chomping through polygons - splitting the model into separate model instances (The frame and the transparent mesh texture), which need separate draw calls and a more intensive shader might be a larger overhead.

Time to consult some 3D gurus... :)

Edited by Beale