[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Two pictures of Kostok 1.5 (as I already did my Vostok mission, before the Mission Control CE one came up) before and after re-entry, I personally love the fact that the capsule gets charred :)

All is well for Val

screenshot398_zpsra0cwqok.png

Probably too hot to touch

screenshot405_zpstxsoinfg.png

My Soyuz 1-2 missions.

Soyuz 1: crew on start: Jeb and Bill, crew on landing: Valentina and Bill

Soyuz 2: crew on start: Valentina, crew on landing: Jeb

Due to a malfunction (I forgot to reduce the heat production of Tantares service module, if you launch the engine ablation will start burning, reduce please to ~100 in the next fix), Soyuz-2 flew only for several orbits, while Soyuz-1 performed a day-long mission and both returned safely. Also, if you install Wayfarer radial engines as verniers, you'll get good thrust on Tavio-core. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Has anyone experienced some flat spins with their crafts with the tantares chutes? in orbit with SAS off, it just automatically spins. its rather odd, during reentry the craft can't actually reach the retrograde mark, and it moves around counter to the craft's surface/orbital velocity. i have only had this happen to me with the Gemini and PP+ chutes, but one thing in common was they had Sounding Rocket science experiments on them.

Sounds a little krakeny to me.....

Is there any .cfg which implements TAC on G582A, Almach, T-OM and Khleb?

I'll look into adding them :)

Two pictures of Kostok 1.5 (as I already did my Vostok mission, before the Mission Control CE one came up) before and after re-entry, I personally love the fact that the capsule gets charred :)

All is well for Val

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/screenshot398_zpsra0cwqok.png

Probably too hot to touch

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/screenshot405_zpstxsoinfg.png

Nice early mission!

I like the charring in the second shot, it doesn't look as severe as usual! I'll try and play with values to achieve this.

My Soyuz 1-2 missions.

Soyuz 1: crew on start: Jeb and Bill, crew on landing: Valentina and Bill

Soyuz 2: crew on start: Valentina, crew on landing: Jeb

Due to a malfunction (I forgot to reduce the heat production of Tantares service module, if you launch the engine ablation will start burning, reduce please to ~100 in the next fix), Soyuz-2 flew only for several orbits, while Soyuz-1 performed a day-long mission and both returned safely. Also, if you install Wayfarer radial engines as verniers, you'll get good thrust on Tavio-core. :)

http://imgur.com/a/5ojxJ

Nice pair of mission!

Engine heat bug noted!

Isn't naming it Soyuz 1 bad luck though?

Has anyone experienced some flat spins with their crafts with the tantares chutes? in orbit with SAS off, it just automatically spins. its rather odd, during reentry the craft can't actually reach the retrograde mark, and it moves around counter to the craft's surface/orbital velocity. i have only had this happen to me with the Gemini and PP+ chutes, but one thing in common was they had Sounding Rocket science experiments on them.

Sounds a little krakeny to me.....

Gemini and PP+ parachutes are borked beyond belief. I need some long time to fix it :)

But, thanks for reporting it!

Vulcain 2, begin to texture.

760aefeab2.jpg

Hey, excellent mod! I love using the old-school Soviet parts for the beginning of my space program.

I've just found a couple of bugs I thought I should let you know about so you can continue keeping this sweet mod up to date!

1. Some IVAs seem to be a bit weird. I built a Soyuz replica in career using T-OM Orbital Module and T-CM Crew Module. If two crew start in the Crew Module and you move one to the Orbital Modle on the launch pad, the IVA portrait for the Crew Module has weird black tearing all over it. Similarly, in orbit, I performed a rescue mission. Two Kerbals in the Crew Module, rescuee went into the Orbital Module. As soon as he got into the Orbital Module, both portraits of the Kerbals in the Crew Module did the weird black tearing thing, the portrait of the Kerbal in the Oribtal Module had little-to-no light behind him, and the IVA inside the Orbital Module was just a black screen. The actual IVA for the Crew Module doesn't seem to have any problems at any time.

2. With TweakableEverything installed, right-clicking any of the crewed Tantares modules gives a huge FPS hit. Not sure if this is an issue with your mod or TweakableEverything.

3. As you probably know, PP+ Docking Parachute is absolutely broken. Failed to slow my Crew Module down during re-entry and forced the Module to have some really weird physics. It also killed poor Jeb and Santi Kerman :(

Anyways, cheers for the mod, it's been fun!

Beale...would it be possible for the Almach chute part to be charred as well? Then it wouldn't look so weird...

My best guess is that "charring shader" is tied to ModuleAblator. The less ablator you burned on re-entry, the less charred your heatshield (or capsule) would end up. You can add some ablator to the chute, but that wouldn't make any sense (and it's impossible to make them use the same amount of ablator during re-entry).

Just assume that chute was protected by capsule and thus was unscathed by the heat :)

Will the VA IVA be based off of the real VA this time?

Yup, well hopefully.

Hey, excellent mod! I love using the old-school Soviet parts for the beginning of my space program.

I've just found a couple of bugs I thought I should let you know about so you can continue keeping this sweet mod up to date!

1. Some IVAs seem to be a bit weird. I built a Soyuz replica in career using T-OM Orbital Module and T-CM Crew Module. If two crew start in the Crew Module and you move one to the Orbital Modle on the launch pad, the IVA portrait for the Crew Module has weird black tearing all over it. Similarly, in orbit, I performed a rescue mission. Two Kerbals in the Crew Module, rescuee went into the Orbital Module. As soon as he got into the Orbital Module, both portraits of the Kerbals in the Crew Module did the weird black tearing thing, the portrait of the Kerbal in the Oribtal Module had little-to-no light behind him, and the IVA inside the Orbital Module was just a black screen. The actual IVA for the Crew Module doesn't seem to have any problems at any time.

2. With TweakableEverything installed, right-clicking any of the crewed Tantares modules gives a huge FPS hit. Not sure if this is an issue with your mod or TweakableEverything.

3. As you probably know, PP+ Docking Parachute is absolutely broken. Failed to slow my Crew Module down during re-entry and forced the Module to have some really weird physics. It also killed poor Jeb and Santi Kerman :(

Anyways, cheers for the mod, it's been fun!

Hello! Many thanks.

1. I'll take a look, the pitch black IVAs are intentional, placeholders so you get the portraits.

2. Never used it, but I'll try and play with tweakable everything with time.

3. Yup, it's awkward. The new parachute physics if I can understand them, there is interesting potential for a rogallo wing

Hey Beale, I'm having trouble with the attachment nodes for the Mir docking hub. Any ideas as to what is causing that?

Thanks for finding, I'll take a look :)

Beale...would it be possible for the Almach chute part to be charred as well? Then it wouldn't look so weird...
My best guess is that "charring shader" is tied to ModuleAblator. The less ablator you burned on re-entry, the less charred your heatshield (or capsule) would end up. You can add some ablator to the chute, but that wouldn't make any sense (and it's impossible to make them use the same amount of ablator during re-entry).

Just assume that chute was protected by capsule and thus was unscathed by the heat :)

biohazard has it right, it's tied to module ablator, so the parachute out of the direction of re-entry wouldn't experience re-entry heating.

Would there be any way to disable the texture darkening?

add "charMax = 0.0" to moduleablator :)

Hello!

It burns at something kelvin.

211d3629b8.jpg

0c66b87fca.jpg

9913152e62.jpg

8171d5f12f.jpg

54de971eae.jpg

Edited by Beale

Awesome Ariane! Want to play with it already! :D

Meanwhile in NSA:

Valentina is truly a Bad-S pilot and today surpassed Jeb in skills. While Jeb and Bill were relaxing on a first 1.0 "Mir", she was supposed to pilot the first manned Buran mission. But it seemed that "Kristall" module was too heavy and generated too much angular momentum. Energia started to tip on Buran's side, and, at 12km Val decided to decouple the shuttle from the rocket.

But one of the boosters struck on an aerodynamic surface, leading to its failure, generating a very strong torque and ultimately leading to stall. To counter that, Val dropped "Kristall" module away, opened drogue chutes, which stabilized the craft and ignited the OMS engines to negate the speed loss. Finally, she went on a nice reentry trajectory and landed Buran without a scratch. She is going to be awarded the Hero of Kerbiet Union for such bravery!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: Same crew piloted an update Buran. Results? This beauty!

8NjuV3CqNYM.jpg

r8Munui7SvE.jpg

Edited by Niemand303

Couple of reports, all testing was done with a fresh instal and Tanteres/Tanters-LV only:

The heat shields are not decoupling properly. I tried both the jettison and decouple options, but to no avail. The module will still display in the staging, even after manually decoupling the shields.

The Soyuz decoupler/parachute part (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me) is not deploying the parachute following decoupling. Not sure as to why, as it is still showing up in the staging. Gives the warning that it is too high to deploy even under the default 2500m setting. Very similar to the heat shield issue.

Meanwhile in NSA:

Valentina is truly a Bad-S pilot and today surpassed Jeb in skills. While Jeb and Bill were relaxing on a first 1.0 "Mir", she was supposed to pilot the first manned Buran mission. But it seemed that "Kristall" module was too heavy and generated too much angular momentum. Energia started to tip on Buran's side, and, at 12km Val decided to decouple the shuttle from the rocket.

But one of the boosters struck on an aerodynamic surface, leading to its failure, generating a very strong torque and ultimately leading to stall. To counter that, Val dropped "Kristall" module away, opened drogue chutes, which stabilized the craft and ignited the OMS engines to negate the speed loss. Finally, she went on a nice reentry trajectory and landed Buran without a scratch. She is going to be awarded the Hero of Kerbiet Union for such bravery!

http://imgur.com/a/WhN7g

http://cs623819.vk.me/v623819511/33c18/8NjuV3CqNYM.jpg

http://cs623819.vk.me/v623819511/33c22/r8Munui7SvE.jpg

Wow! What an amazing Buran!

Are those boosters 1.875m in diameter? Nice work on the Ariane, Beale!

Yes :)

Couple of reports, all testing was done with a fresh instal and Tanteres/Tanters-LV only:

The heat shields are not decoupling properly. I tried both the jettison and decouple options, but to no avail. The module will still display in the staging, even after manually decoupling the shields.

The Soyuz decoupler/parachute part (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me) is not deploying the parachute following decoupling. Not sure as to why, as it is still showing up in the staging. Gives the warning that it is too high to deploy even under the default 2500m setting. Very similar to the heat shield issue.

EDIT: I found that the TR-P (the name of the parachute I couldn't remember) was spamming the debug window with NullRefs as soon as i pulled it out. For some reason or another, when RPM is added, it also screws the view angle to 0 and causes ships to become unfocused, and packs the vessel as debris in the log. No idea as to why.

Output log/Dropbox

Hello,

I tried you add-on but came to an issue using the decoupler you offer (Almach Staging System) and I put below some fuel tanks but they don't connect as intended, it's like there were no tank in fact when I look at the DeltaV stats of my ship.

It's almost like the decoupler don't allow to handle the engines below.

Do you have a suggestion on what can cause this bug ? I put above the balistic capsule but maybe it's not intended to be a command pod ?

Thank you.

Neat! Long engine' date=' long colorful trail! :D[/quote']
Looking really great beale ! :)

Many thank!

Meanwhile in NSA:

http://imgur.com/a/WhN7g

http://cs623819.vk.me/v623819511/33c18/8NjuV3CqNYM.jpg

http://cs623819.vk.me/v623819511/33c22/r8Munui7SvE.jpg

Wow!

That image of Buran docked with MIR is going in the album :)

great mission, and daring atmospheric flight.

Are those boosters 1.875m in diameter? Nice work on the Ariane, Beale!

They are! Many thanks.

The decoupler separate whatever is below them, in contrast to the DRE heatshields.

Parachute issue is odd. From all the 1.0 parachute problems, the Soyuz chutes seemed to be working well. I'll take a further look!

EDIT: I found that the TR-P (the name of the parachute I couldn't remember) was spamming the debug window with NullRefs as soon as i pulled it out. For some reason or another, when RPM is added, it also screws the view angle to 0 and causes ships to become unfocused, and packs the vessel as debris in the log. No idea as to why.

Output log/Dropbox

Have you tried a clean install? I know it is standard, but there could be some kind of conflict of configs.

I love the new engine! But don't you think that the orange on it doesn't match the tank very well? Try making it like light gray or something!

Fair point, I'll experiment. Orange seems a nice fit with the stock rockomax lift engines though.

Hello,

I tried you add-on but came to an issue using the decoupler you offer (Almach Staging System) and I put below some fuel tanks but they don't connect as intended, it's like there were no tank in fact when I look at the DeltaV stats of my ship.

It's almost like the decoupler don't allow to handle the engines below.

Do you have a suggestion on what can cause this bug ? I put above the balistic capsule but maybe it's not intended to be a command pod ?

Thank you.

Thanks for telling me this, maybe the fuel flow attribute is changed.

That said, I'm a little confused, picture of craft? :)

Ariane!

6944e1c41b.jpg

cd3c0cff64.jpg

The nose cones are fairly basic, and re-use the SRB's texture. But, I think look okay, and 1.875m nosecones are a little niche.

85e8483073.jpg