[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Hmm, Well, I guess that explains why i forgot it :P Anyway, I have one little thing i'd like, Because it bugs the hell out of me, The soyuz part retexture basically renders certain parts useless, Because the colour contrast doesn't work, So my request is, Either a small tutorial on if i can have two different soyuz parts at once, Or, Maybe you could put together a couple green textures for the shenzhou and such, This may be asking too much, But i won't be upset or anything if you won't do it.

You need to be a lot more specific with stuff like this.

I do not usually take requests, and I'm not going to consider anything so vague!

What exactly are you asking for?

Edited by Beale

Well, I mean the alternate green textures. Some of the soyuz parts don't mix well with them, such as the progress parts, and the shanzhou orbital module. and what i'm requesting is any kind of solution to that problem, Preferebly matching textures. But, Like i said. i just want any kind of solution to my little problem/annoyance

Edited by Ciaran

Well, I mean the alternate green textures. Some of the soyuz parts don't mix well with them, such as the progress parts, and the shanzhou orbital module. and what i'm requesting is any kind of solution to that problem.

Okay, I am understanding you clearer. For this, take a look at the textures repository in the signature of me. You can re-colour the base layer to any colour you wish. If textures that you need are not in the repository, ask me and I will place it there.

You need:

• Photoshop or GIMP
  • Way to convert textures to DDS (Paint.NET / Photoshop NVIDIA plugin / GIMP)

Edited by Beale

Thank you, I'll Probably include an edit saying it works or doesn't and a screenshot of what i've managed to create. Hmm, Do you reccomend any software capable of viewing or converting images? I can't view the .psd files.

EDIT : Okay, This either isn't for me, Or i did something wrong, I got a plugin for GIMP to open DDS files, opened one, and i got a checkered overlay over the image, making it virtually impossible to change at all.

Edited by Ciaran

EDIT : Okay, This either isn't for me, Or i did something wrong, I got a plugin for GIMP to open DDS files, opened one, and i got a checkered overlay over the image, making it virtually impossible to change at all.

You need to open the PSD files, from the signature.

The DDS files from the GameData file are flipped vertically and have the alpha encoded, you are seeing them transparent when you open them. Don't edit these files, they don't have layers even.

In a nutshell, use the PSD files.

Gimp can't use PSD files

EDIT: Actually, I'll check more thoroughly. Update: AHA! it worked!

Another Update: So, what about getting the colors from the alternates? EDIT: You know what? I'll stop pestering you and attempt to figure it out on my own.

Edited by Ciaran

Gimp can't use PSD files

Another Update: So, what about getting the colors from the alternates?

Okay, I am confused. The green texture for the Shenzhou has been available always.

3201a96665.jpg

What are you exactly trying to achieve?

For example, for Progress, colour pick colour from alternate texture and use the fill-bucket tool on the base layer - this only works on PSD files, that's why it is important (DDS does not have layers!).

9a37627c53.jpg

Gimp can't use PSD files

Another Update: So, what about getting the colors from the alternates? EDIT: You know what? I'll stop pestering you and attempt to figure it out on my own.

GIMP can use and work with PSD files if you have a newer version and/or the right plugin installed.

For conversion to/from DDS use paint.net.

Hmm, Wouldn't expect paint.net to be a critical part of the process. But anyway, Thanks and i'll stop being any kind of annoyance, Atleast until i have another problem i can't fix or find a fix for.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, And by the way. The alternate textures are missing from the texture repo, Are they meant to not be there?

Edited by Ciaran

Alright, I'll detail my problems, I can't find any PSD hamal textures, And paint.net can't properly convert DDS to PSD, and the only PSD files available from the texture repo are different than the real textures used.

Edited by Ciaran

It's beautiful.

Why not for Tantares?

Well, if you want make special mod for parts not based on any real or proposed ship, feel free to do it, but I see no reason to rush it before there is considerable amount of them.

On the other hand, Tantares has grown into a very wide mod and you can separate it, but I I wouldn't rush it.

And even black-orange scheme is nice. It still give the very Beale touch I think.

Hi Beale,

... well ... a very strange "Klotz". Excuse me, i find no corresponding word in english.

Could the legs a little more substance tolerated?

Looks good....only I think it looks too....tall.....for the legs. other than that.....LOVE IT.
That could be transformed into a Soviet lunar cargo lander..
It's beautiful.

Why not for Tantares?

Well, if you want make special mod for parts not based on any real or proposed ship, feel free to do it, but I see no reason to rush it before there is considerable amount of them.

On the other hand, Tantares has grown into a very wide mod and you can separate it, but I I wouldn't rush it.

And even black-orange scheme is nice. It still give the very Beale touch I think.

Thank-you for the feedback :)

So, larger landing legs.

I think for placement, because it is a non-real craft it does not belong here.

Actually if anyone wants to adopt the models they can have them :)

Fuji Cross

Tried to add a viable way to link fuel to the RCS thrusters.

6cdbc5885d.jpg

69b82396e4.jpg

5e81badaea.jpg

Edited by Beale

How big is the adaptor at the top of that thing? I'm tempted to try and get that working as a tiny sample return craft!

1.25m :)

The diameter of the propulsion module (feet include) is 1.875m, with a 1.25m connection point.

4706cb3998.jpg