[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The emissive.dds is for the window lights, you need it. Generally speaking, unless you REALLY know what you're doing, don't delete anything inside folders other than cfg files. Those will make it so the part doesn't show up in game, but won't break any other parts. You can also delete the .mu files for those parts if you really want to.

I was not abled to find the config files for individual crafts. but I was easily able to find the Parts folders.

1 minute ago, Dermeister said:

I was not abled to find the config files for individual crafts. but I was easily able to find the Parts folders.

Not sure what you mean by individual crafts? The config files for the parts are in the Parts folders.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not sure what you mean by individual crafts? The config files for the parts are in the Parts folders.

Yes exacly and I deleted the folders of al lthe crafts I din't want because those folders are all.cfg. is thatn ot what you're supost to do? or do you have to manually go in each folder and delete the some 5 .cfg files individually for Each and every crafts?

Edited by Dermeister

I had the engine for it and the fuel tanks but could not find the capsule of the Fuji. Could be because I din't unlock it yet? ill have to try with an install with out any parts deleted to see if ican get the capsule then try it with the ships I don't want deleted.

Just now, Dermeister said:

I had the engine for it and the fuel tanks but could not find the capsule of the Fuji. Could be because I din't unlock it yet? ill have to try with an install with out any parts deleted to see if ican get the capsule then try it with the ships I don't want deleted.

Just test it out in a sandbox mode game, that would be easier!

7 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

Yes exacly and I deleted the folders of al lthe crafts I din't want because those folders are all.cfg. is thatn ot what you're supost to do? or do you have to manually go in each folder and delete the some 5 .cfg files individually for Each and every crafts?

Delete folders for crafts you don't want to use. Me and @Danny88 were expanding on that - if you want to get rid of individual parts in a folder, just delete the individual cfgs while leaving the .dds textures alone.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Delete folders for crafts you don't want to use. Me and @Danny88 were expanding on that - if you want to get rid of individual parts in a folder, just delete the individual cfgs while leaving the .dds textures alone.

Gotcha.

18 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

Question: is there a tantares Apollo CSM?

No, but you can make a very convincing one by combining the VA capsule with the appropriate sized radius-adaptor part mounted on top of it, topped off by the fuji docking port parachute combo part.

59 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

No, but you can make a very convincing one by combining the VA capsule with the appropriate sized radius-adaptor part mounted on top of it, topped off by the fuji docking port parachute combo part.

Or alternately the fuji docking port with the small Soyuz docking port attached to the top. 

22 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

@Beale I seem to have a problem with the fixed (not animate) probe/drogue docking ports (the big ones, can't remember the exact name, but they are those which are meant to be installed on the bigger side of the Soyuz OM). Trouble docking, then when docked camera wobbles like hell until reset of orbit with HyperEdit. At first, remembering an old kraken, I thought this was happening because of part clipping (I have clipped the Q Orbital Systems docking window in the OM). But then, I launched two Progress with no clipped parts and when docked they behaved the same. Then I HyperEdited them (docked in the VAB) and undocked in orbit, same wobbly camera thing until HyperEdit reset of the orbit. I have only parts mod so I shouldn't have any incompatibility

Very strange!

I will have a look and try to reproduce when I am able :) 

20 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Another Saturday, another Mun landing.

78xfs4K.png

*cough* It's a little dustier than I remember...

Wow! Beautiful!

A little progress, a small update for the miniature Cygnus.
A huge reduction in texture size for a small part (1024 -> 256).

682478f1f0.jpg
3163180cc0.jpg

Hi, this is my first post, (yay) cough cough, Alright, let's get down to business.

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on the mod, it is a beautiful peace of work, I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

secondly, would you be interested in making the Apollo orbital ship, and the Soyuz to Apollo docking module, so that we could remake the "handshake in space"?

sorry, I understand you are busy.

7 hours ago, CrazyCanuck said:

Hi, this is my first post, (yay) cough cough, Alright, let's get down to business.

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on the mod, it is a beautiful peace of work, I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

secondly, would you be interested in making the Apollo orbital ship, and the Soyuz to Apollo docking module, so that we could remake the "handshake in space"?

sorry, I understand you are busy.

Hello!

Thanks!

The Apollo CSM by itself is a very attractive project, very simple spacecraft to put together. 
I think the problem is it does not standalone well, and it would be difficult to release it without calls for associated rockets and the LEM.

(There is ASTP, but there is such a rich history with the Skylab, Apollo, I cannot give the spacecraft the proper credit it deservers, but someone can).

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, Beale said:

The Apollo CSM by itself is a very attractive project, very simple spacecraft to put together. 
I think the problem is it does not standalone well, and it would be difficult to release it without calls for associated rockets and the LEM.

(There is ASTP, but there is such a rich history with the Skylab, Apollo, I cannot give the spacecraft the proper credit it deservers, but someone can).

How much do I need to create on my end to enable ASTP when the time comes?

1 hour ago, Yarik180703 said:

My question is where the IVA in some modules

Unfortunately they have been a lower priority for a few reasons:

• Very lengthy to produce, every single IVA is much more detailed than most parts.
  • Takes plenty of memory! (This is now less of a problem, but hurts the overall dis size of the mod too).
  • No demand for them (Okay, this is not true).

@CobaltWolf I think the "only" things needed are the docking pressure adapter and the actual docking ports (I would make these hopefully if I am less busy in the future :)

97252655e6.jpg

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately they have been a lower priority for a few reasons:

• Very lengthy to produce, every single IVA is much more detailed than most parts.
  • Takes plenty of memory! (This is now less of a problem, but hurts the overall dis size of the mod too).
  • No demand for them (Okay, this is not true).

@CobaltWolf I think the "only" things needed are the docking pressure adapter and the actual docking ports (I would make these hopefully if I am less busy in the future :)

97252655e6.jpg

The shenzhou-ish orbital module actually makes a pretty good Apollo-Soyuz docking adaptor.