[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Tantares Patches 1.1.1 with Tantares & TAC LS 0.2.1

Added TAC LS to the T-KY1, H-4D1, and H-JT3 orbital modules (so you can re-supply your space station). If these are the wrong modules to re-supply stations then please let me know. If they are the wrong ones, please also tell me which are the correct ones :blush:.

The listed orbital modules now have:

- Food: 174.50
- Water: 115.3
- Oxygen: 17678.1
- Waste: 15.8
- Waste Water: 147.8
- Carbon Dioxide: 15372.9

It will take about four trips to re-supply a completed MIR.

Values are equal to 1⨉ 1.25m Supplies Container, 1⨉ 1.5m HexCan Supplies, 1⨉ 1.5m HexCan Waste, 2⨉ 0.625m Waste Container, 1⨉ .75m HexCan Waste.

23 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I need a finished Soyuz rocket on my desk by 11 PM central standard time or you're fired.

Edit:

What's your plan for separating that from the rest of the rocket? Solid 4 part shroud and a wire decoupler? That'd be pretty dope.

You can have it "soon" Italian time.

For fairings, I am planning two-side for simplicity - wire decoupler maybe!

9UtGLQe.png
NPtLRMk.png
S73hRJJ.png

22 hours ago, Moiety said:

Tantares Patches 1.1.1 with Tantares & TAC LS 0.2.1

Added TAC LS to the T-KY1, H-4D1, and H-JT3 orbital modules (so you can re-supply your space station). If these are the wrong modules to re-supply stations then please let me know. If they are the wrong ones, please also tell me which are the correct ones :blush:.

The listed orbital modules now have:

- Food: 174.50
- Water: 115.3
- Oxygen: 17678.1
- Waste: 15.8
- Waste Water: 147.8
- Carbon Dioxide: 15372.9

It will take about four trips to re-supply a completed MIR.

Values are equal to 1⨉ 1.25m Supplies Container, 1⨉ 1.5m HexCan Supplies, 1⨉ 1.5m HexCan Waste, 2⨉ 0.625m Waste Container, 1⨉ .75m HexCan Waste.

That's awesome! Nice work :) 
How would you feel if I package this for release of a permanent legacy Tantares pack before releasing the new parts?

Just now, Beale said:

That's awesome! Nice work :) 
How would you feel if I package this for release of a permanent legacy Tantares pack before releasing the new parts?

Thanks a bunch! You are free to package it with a legacy pack. I do want to add some additional bits and bops though. Just noticed this version throws an error when loading. Something to do with electric charge config, which is super weird because haven’t changed that since the previous version and that didn’t throw the error. Anywho, am playing around with some more values to make it playable. Vega_Crew_A, for example, now has 2.000 electric charge so you don’t have to stick ugly stock batteries on there to keep your crew alive on the dark side :D.

I’ll keep playing around with values. So when you’re ready to make a legacy pack let me know :rep:.

15 hours ago, Moiety said:

Thanks a bunch! You are free to package it with a legacy pack. I do want to add some additional bits and bops though. Just noticed this version throws an error when loading. Something to do with electric charge config, which is super weird because haven’t changed that since the previous version and that didn’t throw the error. Anywho, am playing around with some more values to make it playable. Vega_Crew_A, for example, now has 2.000 electric charge so you don’t have to stick ugly stock batteries on there to keep your crew alive on the dark side :D.

I’ll keep playing around with values. So when you’re ready to make a legacy pack let me know :rep:.

Nice :) 

I will see how soon I can do this...

Soyuz Rocket WIP

Includes some upper stage parts, with fancy shrouds.

Qp9HSvW.png
HK9j6vW.png
d1ybxVS.jpg
WdgRO5S.png
5TOlu7V.png

Edited by Beale

Extract 400 units of ore from the surfaces of Minmus.

* Seizing the means of production intensifies *

ciTaFkv.png Does it needs this many boosters?
dfgUYPi.png Yes.
1IphnJc.png Correcting inclination.
l7RHumN.png Coast to Minmus.
3Su1WTx.png Coming to land over the flats.
MyzPeHU.jpg Have we thought through the landing? Do we separate now? I have no idea.
lhyBnPn.png Fuel margins were surprising tight.
ykmR0uE.png But, a safe landing... on the nozzles.
RW3ZacG.png A little hope to separate the mining vessel.
ySfN6Bj.png 0.01 units of ore per hour, the contract may need re-negotiating.

Edited by Beale

Vostok 1 misson:

Vostok-1.png

Vostok-2.png

Vostok-3.png

Vostok-4.png

Vostok-5.png

Vostok-6.png

Vostok-7.png

The new rockets have double gauges, I guess this is due to them having two separate nozzle groups on them. Not annoying, just saying. Also, I was unable to re-activate the engines after shutting them down :/

TantaresLV%20Double%20Guage.png

The A-E2L parachute doesn’t show an actual parachute. This is without Real Chute installed if that makes a difference. It did not tear off during descent.

A-E2L%20bug.png

Edited by Moiety

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Nice :) 

I will see how soon I can do this...

Soyuz Rocket WIP

Includes some upper stage parts, with fancy shrouds.

New parts working very well. LOVE the new upper stage engine with the integrated verniers - looks amazing!!

The balance is ... well, I was able to put a fully loaded Soyuz/OM/SM mission into a flyby of Moho ...

The TB-738 tank, with a TA-U64 engine, and a probe core payload, makes an SSTO.

Edited by tjsnh

On 28/01/2017 at 6:10 PM, tjsnh said:

New parts working very well. LOVE the new upper stage engine with the integrated verniers - looks amazing!!

The balance is ... well, I was able to put a fully loaded Soyuz/OM/SM mission into a flyby of Moho ...

The TB-738 tank, with a TA-U64 engine, and a probe core payload, makes an SSTO.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think it's OK in the context of the game, you can put it to Moho, but not do much when you get there.
If it required the full N1 just to get to the Moon, I think maybe 75% of the games content is totally inaccessible (In other words I hope you like Mun and Minmus).

That is my thoughts on the issue.

kXJXG8D.png

3 hours ago, Beale said:

If it required the full N1 just to get to the Moon, I think maybe 75% of the games content is totally inaccessible (In other words I hope you like Mun and Minmus)

I play with a custom rescale based on SigmaDimensions where size is 3.2x and distance is 6.4x. I enjoy requiring an N1 to get to the Mun......

16 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I play with a custom rescale based on SigmaDimensions where size is 3.2x and distance is 6.4x. I enjoy requiring an N1 to get to the Mun......

Totally different argument... 
If you enjoy the challenge then use the rescale (I do) - but, all the parts will be balanced against stock parts, I'm not going to intentionally nerf them.

TantaresLV WIP.

Includes the fairings base.

Fairing re-model. 

It looks a little strager, but allows you to create the wider fairings. You can also put a little thing inside the void space if you want! 

Y0Dmjgy.png
hJdb3rP.png
rEDYn06.png
ESA_s_family_of_launch_vehicles_Vega_Soy

1.6m fairings.
GCa7yDh.png

2.0m 'Kourou' fairings.
LCxvaMe.png
i9wMW8Q.png
This one is pretty cool, you can put 1.875m payloads into orbit, as long as you don't stick anything on the side of them (large orbital fuel tanks delivery maybe?).

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Totally different argument... 
If you enjoy the challenge then use the rescale (I do) - but, all the parts will be balanced against stock parts, I'm not going to intentionally nerf them.

TantaresLV WIP.

Includes the fairings base.

Fairing re-model. 

It looks a little strager, but allows you to create the wider fairings. You can also put a little thing inside the void space if you want! 

1.6m fairings.

2.0m 'Kourou' fairings.

This one is pretty cool, you can put 1.875m payloads into orbit, as long as you don't stick anything on the side of them (large orbital fuel tanks delivery maybe?).

Tested. New fairing with the "raised platform" works well, and fills a niche! I used to have to use stacks of batteries to provide spacing, especially to give some antenna clearance for sputnik launches, but the new fairing works well for that purpose. Don't change a thing.

Only gripe overall, unrelated to balance, is that the verniers on the new R7 stack don't seem to have as much authority as on the old stack. I have to clip multiple control-fins into the first stage booster engines/tanks in order to be able to gravity turn.

19 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Tested. New fairing with the "raised platform" works well, and fills a niche! I used to have to use stacks of batteries to provide spacing, especially to give some antenna clearance for sputnik launches, but the new fairing works well for that purpose. Don't change a thing.

Only gripe overall, unrelated to balance, is that the verniers on the new R7 stack don't seem to have as much authority as on the old stack. I have to clip multiple control-fins into the first stage booster engines/tanks in order to be able to gravity turn.

Thanks for the feedback!

Glad to hear the fairing base works well.

On control, I'm not really sure - no problems myself - try deleting PartDatabase? 
Fins will be the next part I work on.

Kerbin UV mission.
@akron makes science more variety again.

94xoiHm.png
g27PY8u.png
UL9ewOU.png
aDhYeoK.png
Comparison with old
1ffN6es.png

Another shot of the ESA Soyuz.

KPs7X60.jpg

Edited by Beale

35 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

I second that, usually only able to start a gravity turn around 20 KM.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:29 AM, Beale said:

Extract 400 units of ore from the surfaces of Minmus.

* Seizing the means of production intensifies *

ciTaFkv.png Does it needs this many boosters?
dfgUYPi.png Yes.
1IphnJc.png Correcting inclination.
l7RHumN.png Coast to Minmus.
3Su1WTx.png Coming to land over the flats.
MyzPeHU.jpg Have we thought through the landing? Do we separate now? I have no idea.
lhyBnPn.png Fuel margins were surprising tight.
ykmR0uE.png But, a safe landing... on the nozzles.
RW3ZacG.png A little hope to separate the mining vessel.
ySfN6Bj.png 0.01 units of ore per hour, the contract may need re-negotiating.

**Respect intensifies**

A-ZH9 Ballistic Capsule has 4400K max temp both internal and external. Is there a particular reason for this?

The highest melting point I'm aware of belongs to tantalum hafnium carbide at around 4260K but with pretty lousy specific heat capacity so it's not much good as ablative shielding. Pure carbon goes to around 3900K.

Just wondering if the temp is an error or required by its spherical shape or something.

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, String Witch said:

A-ZH9 Ballistic Capsule has 4400K max temp both internal and external. Is there a particular reason for this?

The highest melting point I'm aware of belongs to tantalum hafnium carbide at around 4260K but with pretty lousy specific heat capacity so it's not much good as ablative shielding. Pure carbon goes to around 3900K.

Just wondering if the temp is an error or required by its spherical shape or something.

The temperature as is because I have no idea melting points and materials, if you have suggestions I will implement.

Fins!

DLExrgb.jpg