[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

And no, unfortunately not as the size adapters are built in. :(

I am considering releasing an alternate TKS mid-section, which would take up the full length rather than two parts and seat maybe 3-4 Kerbals.

Also there will be some basic adapters between the 1.875m parts and the stock part sizes.

Cool, cool. I just figured you could hit two birds with one stone, you know? But whatever works best for you, of course.

those Almaz parts are look'in good!

also, is that a new omnidirectional antenna I see there (on the 2m part

)? or is it from remotetech 2? because I have no idea.

also, also, I'm guessing that the launch vehicle you used has the 2m 2-engined liquid fueled booster as its main propulsion? I find those to be extremely overpowered.

Edited by gooddog15

I'd say, it's looking really good. Except perhaps the rotating panels, I think I'd prefer fixed ones, they seem more fitting here. Are the antennae new, or from RT?

those Almaz parts are look'in good!

also, is that a new omnidirectional antenna I see there (on the 2m part

)? or is it from remotetech 2? because I have no idea.

also, also, I'm guessing that the launch vehicle you used has the 2m 2-engined liquid fueled booster as its main propulsion? I find those to be extremely overpowered.

I'd say, it's looking really good. Except perhaps the rotating panels, I think I'd prefer fixed ones, they seem more fitting here. Are the antennae new, or from RT?

Hi! :)

To answer you both, the new omni antenna is mine.

It currently has a whopping 10Mm range, but that should be changed.

I'm looking into fixed panels :) Hopefully.

@gooddog15, the launch vehicle is infact a SLS engine with infinite fuel and a decoupler. Nothing too fancy :wink:

Hey Beale,

I was wondering if you, or someone else, could add a heatshield to the TKS descent module? The problem is when you stick a heatshield underneath it, it has this curved gap that really spoils the looks of the craft:

wZ47Pzo.jpg

HoP9YWm.jpg

I really want to use this module for a lot of ships, but this just doesn't look good.

Hey Beale,

I was wondering if you, or someone else, could add a heatshield to the TKS descent module? The problem is when you stick a heatshield underneath it, it has this curved gap that really spoils the looks of the craft:

http://i.imgur.com/wZ47Pzo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HoP9YWm.jpg

I really want to use this module for a lot of ships, but this just doesn't look good.

Hi! :)

The VA is supposed to have a built in one.

But as Kirondoll mentioned, it seems to have been forgotten in the current release. I'll put it up when I can.

If you just add this to your deadly re-entry config, it will work. Heat protection without the extra part.

Hope this helps! :)

@PART[Alnair_Crew_A]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]
{
@maxTemp = 1700
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0
reflective = 0.05
ablative = AblativeShielding
loss
{
key = 650 0 0 0
key = 1000 64 0 0
key = 3000 80 0 0
}
dissipation
{
key = 300 0 0 0
key = 500 180 0 0
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = AblativeShielding
amount = 250
maxAmount = 250
}
}

On a side note, I'm sure I saw some stand-alone heat-shields with automatic fairings? Maybe not

Edited by Beale

Cool man, thanks! I'll add it in. Do you remember where you saw the stand along automatic fairing heat shields?

I think earlier in this very thread, by the person who was using a rescaled to 2.5m Tantares. Sorry I cannot remember any more specifically :( I'll have a quick look (Amazed it's now up to 76 pages!).

Some RCS Bubbles.

Just like the real thing!

Tiny balls of MonoPropellant, 30L each! (too OP?)

Anyone up for a match of Kerball?

ba9ad75677.jpg

I'm having some fun with this stuff!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
To answer you both, the new omni antenna is mine......

@gooddog15, the launch vehicle is infact a SLS engine with infinite fuel and a decoupler. Nothing too fancy :wink:

yay! when/if its released I could use that for a space probe as a "magnetometer"

cool. you could turn that into a ssto by putting on a orange tank on top of the engine. I use that for most of my launches and fireworks displays

Edited by gooddog15

What're you gonna do after refurbishment? Maybe some aircraft http://www.boeing.com/assets/images/companyoffices/gallery/images/commercial/dc8-05.jpg

Ayyy lmao...

Eeee...I like aircraft, but after my last attempt at making a wing part, I've been put off for life.

ccc3d72094.jpg

I could never get the orientation right to produce lift.

So, I have no answer, as to what I am doing after refurbs.

May I suggest TMK-MAVR (Soviet Mars\Venus fly-by ship): http://www.astronautix.com/craft/tmk1.htm

This is interesting stuff! Maybe...

I'm having some fun with this stuff!

-snip-

yay! when/if its released I could use that for a space probe as a "magnetometer"

cool. you could turn that into a ssto by putting on a orange tank on top of the engine. I use that for most of my launches and fireworks displays

I love the design! Nice to see it all in use :)

Has anyone created a set of realfuel configs for the tantares?

Just checking...

thanks.

Not to my knowledge, I'll have a look for the next release

What're you gonna do after refurbishment? Maybe some aircraft [/ quote]

Vostok, Voschod ...

Plerase

... 1,25m spaceplane cockpit?

:)

I'm working on almost the exact opposite of a spaceplane cockpit, the very un-aerodynamic LK capsule! :)

About Vostok... I'm not really interested at the moment. It really was a very basic spacecraft (or as "basic" as manned spacecraft get at least), so there's not really a lot of interesting stuff going on there for me.

c81bf7338c.jpg29e9bfc260.jpg

Still, there's always the future...

Edited by Beale

I'm working on almost the exact opposite of a spaceplane cockpit, the very un-aerodynamic LK capsule! :)

About Vostok... I'm not really interested at the moment. It really was a very basic spacecraft (or as "basic" as manned spacecraft get at least), so there's not really a lot of interesting stuff going on there for me.

http://puu.sh/aRijr/c81bf7338c.jpghttp://puu.sh/aRiq4/29e9bfc260.jpg

Still, there's always the future...

It maybe unaerodynamic, but it looks realistic.

Recent RealChutes mod has a MM patch for Tantares chutes.

And it produces a weird bug - chute direction is in the same direction as the motion(when going up - the chute cupola's pointed up, and when going down - the chute cupola's pointed down).

Proly, there's some issue in tantares chute model. For, when I change RealChutes config to this:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

instead of this

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

, it works like a charm.

About Vostok... I'm not really interested at the moment. It really was a very basic spacecraft (or as "basic" as manned spacecraft get at least), so there's not really a lot of interesting stuff going on there for me.[/ quote] Test (tantares) Vostok...

screenshot3_2.jpg?ver=0

:cool:

Edited by kopapaka

Recent RealChutes mod has a MM patch for Tantares chutes.

And it produces a weird bug - chute direction is in the same direction as the motion(when going up - the chute cupola's pointed up, and when going down - the chute cupola's pointed down).

Proly, there's some issue in tantares chute model. For, when I change RealChutes config to this:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

instead of this

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

, it works like a charm.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

It's probably to do with my screwy model orientation on the Tantares' chute model.

I'll see what can be done

About Vostok... I'm not really interested at the moment. It really was a very basic spacecraft (or as "basic" as manned spacecraft get at least), so there's not really a lot of interesting stuff going on there for me.[/ quote] Test (tantares) Vostok...

http://img13.rajce.idnes.cz/d1302/9/9855/9855668_e811471d098d0e17052ee590c2cf3157/images/screenshot3_2.jpg?ver=0

:cool:

Haha! That's brilliant!

Surprised it can be made so well, nice :)