[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Looks good!
This is perfect! Good job on the N-1.
N-1 looks really good!

Any hints about balance? Most N-1s are somewhat overpowered for LK+LOK combo, even in stock...

Many thanks for the feedback! :)

It's getting there.

Balance: Thanks to Niemand, there is estimates (Well, they are more than estimates, probably final balance numbers)

This is with the LOK/LK complex.

Stage Name & Delta V

D/Æ- 1213.086505

G/Ó (2.5) - 1294.605808

V/۪̉ (2.5-3.75) - 1542.898217

B/Ñ (3.75-5) - 1499.874871

A/ÃÂ (5-7.5) - 1450.117833

Total is around 7000m/s (after rounding off).

So quite capable of Mun missions - maybe a little further if you're careful.

How do I say Hercules on Russian?

ÑÂøûьýыù óрõú

Edited by Beale

Many thanks for the feedback! :)

It's getting there.

Balance: Thanks to Niemand, there is estimates (Well, they are more than estimates, probably final balance numbers)

This is with the LOK/LK complex.

Stage Name & Delta V

D/Æ- 1213.086505

G/Ó (2.5) - 1294.605808

V/۪̉ (2.5-3.75) - 1542.898217

B/Ñ (3.75-5) - 1499.874871

A/ÃÂ (5-7.5) - 1450.117833

Total is around 7000m/s (after rounding off).

So quite capable of Mun missions - maybe a little further if you're careful.

ÑÂøûьýыù óрõú

Thx, anyway N1 is nice!

How do I say Hercules on Russian?

"ÓõрúуûõÑÂ"

Pretty much like the Greek writing, but less fancy. :)

ÑÂøûьýыù óрõú

Ahaha, I love this one! :D

By the way, I think we should resurrect the old tradition of Alternative Textures? I think I cold make a config for them, since you have several versions of textures. :)

Edited by Niemand303

Thx, anyway N1 is nice!

Ahaha, I love this one! :D

By the way, I think we should resurrect the old tradition of Alternative Textures? I think I cold make a config for them, since you have several versions of textures. :)

Baha! I was going to suprise folks by leaving a couple of alternate Soyuz textures in the next release.

Well, I might as well come clean now, there's a Green variant to the Soyuz, I suppose the TKS and such will come along a little bit later.

Also, if anyone cooks up their own textures (in .mbm format), please, let me know! I'm more than happy to bundle them in the release.

ab65ee9741.jpg

f5f2571349.jpg

Edited by Beale

By the way' date=' I think we should resurrect the old tradition of Alternative Textures? I think I cold make a config for them, since you have several versions of textures. :)[/quote']
Baha! I was going to suprise folks by leaving a couple of alternate Soyuz textures in the next release.

Well, I might as well come clean now, there's a Green variant to the Soyuz.

YES YES YES YES YES YES.

Please :)

Well, I might as well come clean now, there's a Green variant to the Soyuz, I suppose the TKS and such will come along a little bit later.

Also, if anyone cooks up their own textures (in .mbm format), please, let me know! I'm more than happy to bundle them in the release.

http://puu.sh/g13VH/ab65ee9741.jpg

http://puu.sh/g147h/f5f2571349.jpg

I don't think it was quite a surprise, since you posted black Soyuz before. :)

But I totally endorse it, I'll try to make some textures for Salyut (I really like the stripped Salyut-7) :)

I missed those alternate textures! Love your recent work Beale, keep it up!

I'm not sure if you are responsible for putting Tantares on CKAN, but would it be possible to also put Tantare LV on there as well? For convenience (or laziness, ha) sake.

http://puu.sh/g13VH/ab65ee9741.jpg

http://puu.sh/g147h/f5f2571349.jpg

That looks fantastic! What's your source on the shade of green? I can't figure out whether it was a light 'Minmus Green" or a more military green or both, just because those darned Soviets didn't take enough pictures. :/

Also, for the 'TMA' black Soyuz, and other modules, do you have any plans to make a fabric texture for some of the alternates that you can change the color of? (Dark grey/black or off-white?)

I missed those alternate textures! Love your recent work Beale, keep it up!

I'm not sure if you are responsible for putting Tantares on CKAN, but would it be possible to also put Tantare LV on there as well? For convenience (or laziness, ha) sake.

Many thanks!

CKAN, I have no idea how to :(

Eagleshift made the old CKAN config, then he left forever.

If there is an easy guide? Maybe I can do it.

I don't think it was quite a surprise, since you posted black Soyuz before. :)

But I totally endorse it, I'll try to make some textures for Salyut (I really like the stripped Salyut-7) :)

Oh! I forgot about that.

Hehe, not such a surprise then, no.

That looks fantastic! What's your source on the shade of green? I can't figure out whether it was a light 'Minmus Green" or a more military green or both, just because those darned Soviets didn't take enough pictures. :/

Also, for the 'TMA' black Soyuz, and other modules, do you have any plans to make a fabric texture for some of the alternates that you can change the color of? (Dark grey/black or off-white?)

Thanks!

Real showcase models had the "Minmus Green", but I do not like that so much.

b0f75b1192.jpg

Real ones, thermal blanket covering: Green in ASTP.

647ff39036.jpg

The green here is actually taken straight off of the US army jeeps (I think a Korean war one).

The Black soyuz, neat idea! I'll try a fabric undercoat and post results shortly... :)

(After work).

Edited by Beale

Beale ... have you ever read your "Soyuz Manual" book? :D you suggested it to us but it seems you missed soem details. only early Soyuz were green. nowadays they are black :)

Yep yep, I know this :)

The reason default Tantares is Grey.

Or black in very old days.

d26b3c550c.jpg

Or even older days: "Minmus" green.

b41aeb71ad.jpg

Edited by Beale

Nice use of the Almach engines! Looks very similar to my

Very nice! :)

The Gemini was just the beginning! :wink:

But it was also basically the end of American stuff by me, Titan aside.

But, I will say I am not sure about the thermal blanket.

This is a very quick put-together, which is maybe why it doesn't look great.

df81c39150.jpg

1c2419d33e.jpg

Edit: Softer alpha is a bit more pleasing...

2a3adcbb8a.jpg

Edited by Beale

Those look fantastic!

I'd say the reason the fabric looks weird, is because it looks like a denim texture. The thermal blanket on the Soyuz/Progress has a lot of vertical-runing creases, and a good sheen.

Good reference image from Cupola: s130e009616.jpg

Bonus points is you change the color of the experimental Soyuz CM fabric to a denim-blue, and set it up on a stars-and-stripes background. The 'Murican-built, 'Soyerzzz' must become a reality. It's sooooo close...

Mianbao should get a white texture like the Shenzhou, with a bright red communist stripe.

I cannot wait for alternate textures. That's honestly got me more hyped than the N-1. :D

Those look fantastic!

I'd say the reason the fabric looks weird, is because it looks like a denim texture. The thermal blanket on the Soyuz/Progress has a lot of vertical-runing creases, and a good sheen.

Good reference image from Cupola: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-22/hires/s130e009616.jpg

Bonus points is you change the color of the experimental Soyuz CM fabric to a denim-blue, and set it up on a stars-and-stripes background. The 'Murican-built, 'Soyerzzz' must become a reality. It's sooooo close...

Mianbao should get a white texture like the Shenzhou, with a bright red communist stripe.

I cannot wait for alternate textures. That's honestly got me more hyped than the N-1. :D

Yep, it is literally a denim texture applies.

The type of fabric seen on a Soyuz is very difficult for me... Ehm, I will continue to see what is possible.

I am glad you are hyped! But please, do not expect so many textures at the beginning. :)

Usually I will make these in a "trickle" releasing my alternates (And hopefully others) as time goes on (The texture repo is your place if you want to get in on this!).

Very nice! :)

The Gemini was just the beginning! :wink:

But it was also basically the end of American stuff by me, Titan aside.

But, I will say I am not sure about the thermal blanket.

This is a very quick put-together, which is maybe why it doesn't look great.

http://puu.sh/g1dgP/df81c39150.jpg

http://puu.sh/g1dpJ/1c2419d33e.jpg

Edit: Softer alpha is a bit more pleasing...

http://puu.sh/g1dv0/2a3adcbb8a.jpg

Found the white text about Titan, well hidden, how much of these do you have?! XD

this. And my avatar too.

I'm really walking on a tight rope now eh? :cool:

Ooh, I like the new green textures. Adds some character to it.

Many thanks, they are long requested.

Found the white text about Titan, well hidden, how much of these do you have?! XD

About 50% of my posts! Or more like 20%, but eh.

Further experiments with fabric texture not good. Will stick to bare metal for now.

is the spica/gemini getting its own american themed agency like how the polaris/fuji has a japanese one?

Probably not for simplicity, though the parts need new descriptions.

Still, I'm all up for name suggestions, who knows...!

I'm really walking on a tight rope now eh? :cool:

Many thanks, they are long requested.

About 50% of my posts! Or more like 20%, but eh.

Further experiments with fabric texture not good. Will stick to bare metal for now.

Probably not for simplicity, though the parts need new descriptions.

Still, I'm all up for name suggestions, who knows...!

Again. Found it!