[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Looks great! Is that a new 1.25 to 2.5 adapter on top? I like the look of that! :)

http://i.imgur.com/zdevi1O.jpg

For the Salyut forward docking section, I usually use your 1.25 crew tank, with a 1.25 to .625 docking drogue. I like it, but it feels just a bit too long for Salyut. Ideally, it'd be about 3/4 of the length from end to end. Any chance while you're in "Salyut-mode", you could investigate a solution for replicating the look and feel of that forward docking module? (A circular hatch would be great on a part like that.) It'd also probably great as a Kvant-2 airlock part. Just a small wish-list.

Aah, the top part is still connected to the mid section.

23a2592b90.jpg

For the other part, I was going to surprise some folks, but yes, I'll be doing an alternate "tapered" part to better replicate that kind of look. :)

Aah, the top part is still connected to the mid section.

http://puu.sh/hme63/23a2592b90.jpg

For the other part, I was going to surprise some folks, but yes, I'll be doing an alternate "tapered" part to better replicate that kind of look. :)

Ooh, right, I forgot about how that part was shaped. Difficult to tell sometimes. Looks great. :)

Thanks!

Have some specular mapped parts in return.

http://puu.sh/hmeOe/d73a9faca1.jpg

tumblr_inline_nmo8a0DpVw1tophba_540.png

Do you have any plans to match all the hatches under a common design, or is the Spectre special? I much prefer your personal hatch design frankly. It's less much less obnoxiously obvious. What would it take to make the handrails useable? Have you ever taken a stab at that?

https://41.media.tumblr.com/ac9ef11fd91ab80076e1335a9eb4bfb5/tumblr_inline_nmo8a0DpVw1tophba_540.png

Do you have any plans to match all the hatches under a common design, or is the Spectre special? I much prefer your personal hatch design frankly. It's less much less obnoxiously obvious. What would it take to make the handrails useable? Have you ever taken a stab at that?

Ahaha!

For the hatch design, it's a very simple split between atmospheric and non-atmospheric parts.

045e5aa5b0.jpg

Helps keep things into their strict little zones, which I do quite like.

Handrails, do you mean the horizontal rails or vertical rails?

Vertical - easy.

Horizontal - not so easy

So with the salyut revamp will there be any thought be given to allowing station modules to perform goo and material science experiments and clean them up like a mobile lab?

I'll try it... before releasing. :sealed:

Attempts to implement the lab module in the past have led to the death of folk's stations. It is, buggy, or I'm using it wrong.

But not sure why it has never worked well.

I'll try it... before releasing. :sealed:

Attempts to implement the lab module in the past have led to the death of folk's stations. It is, buggy, or I'm using it wrong.

But not sure why it has never worked well.

From the dev notes today, I wouldn't lose sleep on the issue; the lab module is changing functions in the new version, and the scientist Kerbals are going to be able to reset experiments themselves as well.

Love the new stuff, it's really coming together as a full set of parts! Your dedication to improvement is an inspiration. :D

Would still love to see that PPTS get released :D

Or at least, the part models all squared up - considering that EVERYTHING is going to need a re-balance a week from now....

and by the way, I'd be happy to volunteer some time to help with any post KSP1.0 rebalancing. I re-spec'ed almost all the parts in the parts packs (regular tantares and LV) for my own use and the not-yet-released-mod I messaged you about a while back.

Can't love that any more if I tried, really nice (And I instantly though "eagle" when I see it :D)

Reminded me a lot of the Shuttle from Orbiter also!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/231449097_b1aeedcfd8.jpg

Yes yes! Oh I wish we had a box like command pod like the cabin at the front of that shuttle! Which reminds me... is the COM of any given part assigned to it's origin?

Thanks! Here's a better look at it. Obviously inspired by the "Eagle" from Space:1999. It's not totally stock, I use Tantares parts and parts from a small part mod called TurboNisuReloaded.

http://i.imgur.com/VroBggW.png

I actually removed that "extra" decoupler between stages 1 and 2. I was going for that "apollo effect" but the 2nd stage engines fire the fairing back into the 1st stage causing it to explode... :( The 4 small engines were added to the first stage because I modded the Cyclone engine to have a gimbal of 10 for Buran launches, so I have the gimbal locked in this launcher - the LV-T45s give me directional control during ascent.

Where Can I get this?

Where Can I get this?

Nowhere.... yet. I'm already reworking it with 4 LV-N engines and modular center resulting in 3 variants: SAS Cargo (Mk2 Freighter), Personnel Transport (Mk2 Transporter), and 2 x payload bays (Mk2 Cargo).

If I get it to a releasable form it will appear on KerbalX.com

Tantares Cargo Expansion

Here's another release for you guys; Tantares Cargo. Includes an interim CARV pod until passinglurker finishes his, as well as a modified Progress pod and TKS cargo bay to make a Dragon-type spacecraft. It also includes my Procedural Fairings configs, including 6 new fairing shapes, 5 textures (3 of which are ABLaunchers/Tantares styled), FsTextureSwitch integration, and general coolness.

Enjoy!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by planeguy868
Added pics for clicks

Yes yes! Oh I wish we had a box like command pod like the cabin at the front of that shuttle! Which reminds me... is the COM of any given part assigned to it's origin?

Funnily enough I was going to convert a few choice Orbiter parts - but their style and texture really clashed with the KSP parts.

Who knows, one day!

For COM, that is correct! To the best of my knowledge :)

http://imgur.com/a/uHanp

Mucking about with the Salyut parts, and retexturing some more stuff!

Wow!

You do make a lot of things.

And I like them.

CARV and Dragon especially, I really would like to give them a play around with!

Thank you for release them! :)

Please remove shock plate on Vostok, it is really ruining the style and is not stockish.
huh? I can't see the bottom of the pod in that pic and I'm pretty sure beale already said the shock plate was his own creative licence. :huh:

Nope it is completely made up.

I'll return to the Vostok in the future and re-consider this part.

Trouble is, the old design of the Vostok node point, it had a lot of the "sphere" clipping into the part below because of how the nodes were defined, I didn't like that. So opted for a more defined connection point.

But it could be smoothed a little.

Tantares Cargo Expansion

Here's another release for you guys; Tantares Cargo. Includes an interim CARV pod until passinglurker finishes his, as well as a modified Progress pod and TKS cargo bay to make a Dragon-type spacecraft. It also includes my Procedural Fairings configs, including 6 new fairing shapes, 5 textures (3 of which are ABLaunchers/Tantares styled), FsTextureSwitch integration, and general coolness.

Enjoy!

I can't rep this thing, but I want to!

Many thanks, I'll link it with your other stuff.

As I think a few people requested, there is the "bit" from Salyut, an alternate version (As in a new part).

So you can taper straight to a docking port.

669596391f.jpg

Edited by Beale