[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Well TweakableEverything allow you to toggle the sun tracking in the VAB/SPH :) ( This option should be stock )

I agree completely. It's a really odd missing feature...

Thanks! Since the west is mostly represented by VenomousRequiem, the crew shuttle is of her design, and I tried to make a combination of LK and LEM with my lander. :D

Also, congrats on achieving a stable Earth orbit! :)

Got a name for that Orion-thing? It looks like the Ven revamp Mk1-2, but a little different.

I always liked the tech option...introduce the panels at one tech level in career then the next tech up introduce a tracking version.
:( Any chance of a non-rotating version?

Like the one on MIR2..?

Done!

The standard brown-backed static versions will be available.

1ac3b261e2.jpg

This folder, mang...

See what's still left to be done?

2287b03d07.png

Edited by Beale

The Kliper now lands in stock and FAR, but it needs drogue chutes in FAR. Still, it's amazingly reliable. I think that it's now the best station passenger vehicle.

5DmxnEW.png

Here is a link to the updated config files. Note that these files will change significantly when Beale updates the Kliper. If anyone runs into problems then please post feedback.

For a guaranteed, extra-safe reentry use the TK return parachute or the PP+ docking parachute on the back and 2 drogue chutes on the wings or the rear of the body. The main chute shouldn't be necessary, but this is KSP. :cool:

PSA: the flaps are necessary if you want to survive reentry with FAR.

Edited by CrisK

I'm really getting the hang of N1 munar missions! Finally nailed the LK powered descent profile, and I even got the old girl properly gussied up for the trip...

ysc3ipb.png

the new panels are beautifull beale ... hrm maybe i will use my Ur-700 to lift an entire MIR in one go :D

Thanks!

If you do... Take pictures.

The Orion thing is "Sokol." I liked that name and since my other Sokol got lost, I decided to just remake it, so there it is.

I also thought it was funny that the station was Selenium, and my ship was Sokol, which of course is Falcon.

It's the Selenium Falcon! :D

Ahahah, I enjoy it when names play like this.

Nice shuttle-Orion thing!

The Kliper now lands in stock and FAR, but it needs drogue chutes in FAR. Still, it's amazingly reliable. I think that it's now the best station passenger vehicle.

http://i.imgur.com/5DmxnEW.png

Here is a link to the updated config files. Note that these files will change significantly when Beale updates the Kliper. If anyone runs into problems then please post feedback.

For a guaranteed, extra-safe reentry use the TK return parachute or the PP+ docking parachute on the back and 2 drogue chutes on the wings or the rear of the body. The main chute shouldn't be necessary, but this is KSP. :cool:

Great work chap!

I was having trouble flipping on launch before, but not now - that's good I guess!

Many thanks!

I'm really getting the hang of N1 munar missions! Finally nailed the LK powered descent profile, and I even got the old girl properly gussied up for the trip...

http://i.imgur.com/ysc3ipb.png

Great stuff!

Mind if I use this for the Album? :)

Stuff on my end still hasn't quieted down yet, so unfortunately Tantares TMA is delayed again. I'm working on it right now, so hopefully I'll get it out relatively soon. Just sorting out what .dds format I should be converting to, and rebalancing Dragon and CARV.

I actually still don't run 1.0.anything because I'm still experiencing craptons of bugs in my install and with the mods I use (also my Angara doesn't work, and I'm still getting worse performance with the game), but I can still keep TMA up to date for the new KSP.

Stuff on my end still hasn't quieted down yet, so unfortunately Tantares TMA is delayed again. I'm working on it right now, so hopefully I'll get it out relatively soon. Just sorting out what .dds format I should be converting to, and rebalancing Dragon and CARV.

I actually still don't run 1.0.anything because I'm still experiencing craptons of bugs in my install and with the mods I use (also my Angara doesn't work, and I'm still getting worse performance with the game), but I can still keep TMA up to date for the new KSP.

No worries!

Focus on important things and take your time :)

It seems there are size issues with the HAMAL control block

http://i.imgur.com/TsedJ8J.png

Hmmm,

Tweakscale user?

I'd be honoured! Glad you like it! :)

Done!

@CrisK

Great Kliper config!

Flies great, although it feels a lot nicer without the flaps? :)

Might design the Kliper to land by parachute as default, landing gears are difficult and unreliable for me to produce, and the design of the craft still gives great cross-range and steering capability after re-entry.

9933f6678a.jpg

When I grow up, can I be you Mr. Wolfe?

(Congrats on nailing the landing. And she sure does look pretty.)

When I grow up, can I be you Mr. Wolfe?

(Congrats on nailing the landing. And she sure does look pretty.)

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (if that ever happens). :D

It was hard fighting the urge to ditch the Blok D too early in the descent since I'm far more used to flying a "standard" LEM profile. I jettisoned it right at "low gate", with about 2km left to go. Then the Blok D safely impacted the surface away from the final landing site. I landed with more than enough fuel to make stable rendezvous orbit later.

Here you go Beale, my latest product from my chop shop of a vehicle assembly building.

T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶

2290C362417B74DBE0DF3EE3426E7C807F3D9838

And before you ask, yes, yes I do like the Orion-alike look. That's why I give it to a lot of things.

Here you go Beale, my latest product from my chop shop of a vehicle assembly building.

T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528389490174201618/2290C362417B74DBE0DF3EE3426E7C807F3D9838/

And before you ask, yes, yes I do like the Orion-alike look. That's why I give it to a lot of things.

That right there is mighty purdy, mind me asking what parts you used to make it?

http://i.imgur.com/5DmxnEW.png

I'm trying the kliper with your updated configs - how/where are the flaps intended to attach?

I can't seem to get them to work - attaching them at the back of the wings, as normal flaps, yields nothing - they dont act as control surfaces.

(stock, no FAR)

Edited by tjsnh

:cool: Very cool greeble! Where are they from? Are the usable science parts?

Most of the greebles are science modules from AEIS. They never were properly integrated into the science system, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote a ModuleManager shim to fix that. The cameras are from ASET, and the periscope and little solar panels are from FASA. I'm close to having the LK looking the way I want. Hopefully she won't be too heavy to land after I'm done!

Edited by Jack Wolfe

That right there is mighty purdy, mind me asking what parts you used to make it?

Oh gosh, it's a whole mess of parts from HGR, Near Future Spacecraft, Non-Androgynous Docking Ports, a little stock bits here and there(With Ven's Stock Revamp of course!) and Tantares! And of course there was a lot of offsetting things into the inside of the craft involved. Is that cheating? :0

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Oh gosh, it's a whole mess of parts from HGR, Near Future Spacecraft, Non-Androgynous Docking Ports, a little stock bits here and there(With Ven's Stock Revamp of course!) and Tantares! And of course there was a lot of offsetting things into the inside of the craft involved. Is that cheating? :0

Specifically, whats the pod from?

Flew the ariane for the first time today:

http://imgur.com/a/AA4o6

All I can say now is.... Ariane has been puppy approved.

Cool mission!

I think Puppy approved has become my Kerbal equivalent of "man rated" :D

Glad folks enjoy it.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528389490174201618/2290C362417B74DBE0DF3EE3426E7C807F3D9838/

That's a sweet looking orbiter, nice!

:cool: Very cool greeble! Where are they from? Are the usable science parts?

Would like to know too!

I'm trying the kliper with your updated configs - how/where are the flaps intended to attach?

I can't seem to get them to work - attaching them at the back of the wings, as normal flaps, yields nothing - they dont act as control surfaces.

(stock, no FAR)

Got a screenshot of how you attempt to attach them? Working well for me. :)