[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [27.0][18.05.2024][VA Revamp]

Beale

20 minutes ago, NovaRaptorTV said:

Will the new Proton parts come to CKAN?

Of course, at least they should do automatically. Afaik CKAN entries for Tantares reference the github releases. if this is not the case please let me know, the spacedock versions are deprecated.

12 minutes ago, Zyfle said:

Are new SAF fairings to go with the revamped parts in the plans at all? Just curious

Thinking about it.

@BealeTo go with this update, do you think we could get dedicated hidden nodes for attaching FGB/DOS modules to Proton rockets, and dedicated interstage decouplers to go along with them, like in BDB, so we don't have to use the translate tool to adjust it anymore?

41 minutes ago, Delta 86 said:

Is the RD-58 going to get revamped? If so, can it get a bare variant? That would be perfect for use with the Buran Orbiter Construction Kit.

As the maker of BOCK, I second this :D.

14 hours ago, Delta 86 said:

Is the RD-58 going to get revamped? If so, can it get a bare variant? That would be perfect for use with the Buran Orbiter Construction Kit.

I would like to pur forward my support for this as well.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 7:03 PM, MashAndBangers said:

Discussion of KSP2 is off topic for Tantares.

@ the Tantares team:  Is there a todo list we can view of things you guys want to do with Tantares?  With the obvious caveat that the order of the list doesn't reflect importance or a timeline.

So far on the list we can see:

• revamp Proton
  • Revamp R7/Soyuz rocket

If I may throw in some suggestions:

• The Energia core stage is "too long".  This is in comparison with Hugoraider's Buran Orbiter Construction Kit.  I can get comparison pics when I get home, but honest just a minor detail compared to my next suggestion.
  • Revamp N1 again?  I'd like it if the 2nd and 3rd stage tanks had a mesh switch to add the shields and nodes on the shields for roll control thrusters (though we could just radial attach some thrusters to the shield section, probably don't need separate attach nodes).  Example image of the shield.   And then example image of where I think the thrusters are on the 3rd stage, and maybe a stick figure for scale for the heck of it.

hmraLui.jpeg

Yeah, the more I think of it, just having the shields as an option and letting us radially attach stuff to them would be great, probably don't need to do a total revamp.

I think that's all I have to suggest to add to the great todo list of Tantares.  I look forward to seeing the team do some amazing things.  And get some sleep!

This is probably beyond the scope, but if the N1 is being looked at again, it could be interesting to see some parts for the older lunar proposal involving it. It's certainly a bit of an absurd design and a very interesting one, and the associated fuel tanker could certainly be more broadly useful.

Edited by septemberWaves

On 5/7/2024 at 11:46 PM, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

DAMN! This new Proton is sweet, keep up the great work Beale

TJM3uJM.png

On 5/8/2024 at 5:56 AM, KeaKaka said:

protoning

wNQxPUC.png

On 5/8/2024 at 7:48 AM, AliceChristina said:

MIR

TqKugSt.png

10 hours ago, AliceChristina said:

uoWLJEI.png

Really incredible stuff guys, thanks. Keeps me motivated.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:19 PM, Delta 86 said:

On 5/8/2024 at 9:01 PM, hugoraider said:

As the maker of BOCK, I second this :D.

On 5/9/2024 at 12:41 AM, MashAndBangers said:

I too would like a Bear variant of the RD-58!

On 5/9/2024 at 10:28 AM, ArgentBlue said:

I would like to pur forward my support for this as well.

What's am RD-58?

...Anyway I'm working on this disgusting fungal growth

GEdeY3y.png

14 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

This is probably beyond the scope, but if the N1 is being looked at again, it could be interesting to see some parts for the older lunar proposal involving it. It's certainly a bit of an absurd design and a very interesting one, and the associated fuel tanker could certainly be more broadly useful.

This is the kind of thing we could have if even more people joined the team. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Beale said:

This is the kind of thing we could have if even more people joined the team. :ph34r:

I'd offer myself if I knew how all of this stuff worked. Unfortunately I've ran into an insurmountable knowledge/understanding barrier every time I've tried to get into part modding.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Beale said:

Really incredible stuff guys, thanks. Keeps me motivated.

What's am RD-58?

...Anyway I'm working on this disgusting fungal growth

GEdeY3y.png

It even has obscure details like the tilted tanks

Hands down one of the best things to happen to Tantares

Edited by AdrianDogmeat

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

It even has obscure details like the tilted tanks

Hands down one of the best things to happen to Tantares

A keen eye, it will be tilted in the final, but modelling flat for convenience.

qyqklBt.png

hsGZggy.png0jSJCOt.png

Edited by Beale

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Pretty sure it's a joke, but just in case, Buran OMS engines are RD-58S, would be nice to have it in Tantares :D.

Yes will definitely be doing 58, as well as the little Blok-D rcs pods (and the avionics donut).

Working on the foil a bit, new territory for Tantares really.

NmL64aI.png

b6C9nPe.png

fueQxWC.png

Edited by Beale

12 minutes ago, Beale said:

-Absolutely amazing image-

I realize this is a late request, but is there any chance of getting UR-100 and/or UR-200?

A bit late (Due to a small accident at home, we're all fine though :confused:) but i managed to do some more work on Soyuz.
Some of the parts should be on the github already. They're missing bulkheads but should have everything else proper
Feedback on texture tweaks, balancing, etc. is always welcome
Engines will be revamped soon, too.
HM4vg9P.png

47 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

I realize this is a late request, but is there any chance of getting UR-100 and/or UR-200?

(psst, maybe :ph34r:)