[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

20 hours ago, Beale said:

Awesome!

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

RD-58 engine. You might notice the hasty last minute addition of gimbals.

b9pNgdS.png

euMiHza.png

62so3G6.png

BEFORE being politely informed it gimballed, you were going to get boattails, will have to think if I can do this another way:

BT8ux6l.png

moZIZAi.png

I remember that RMM and BDB have boattails that include flexible thermal blanket sections, perhaps adding a flexible segment with the same diameter between the two boattail sizes with only the fixed segment varying would help?

On 5/16/2024 at 1:16 AM, AliceChristina said:

56NKIfM.png

RGBQJ7t.png

What parts did you use for the propulsion module umbilical and the little "dongle" thingies sticking out from the descent module decoupler?

23 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Woohoo! Now Buran has it engines! :cool: Btw, is a bare mount version planned?

Might do for a few engines yeah.

6 hours ago, ArgentBlue said:

I remember that RMM and BDB have boattails that include flexible thermal blanket sections, perhaps adding a flexible segment with the same diameter between the two boattail sizes with only the fixed segment varying would help?

Definitely an option, for Blok-D it's more that the real thing has a cowling, a rigid one, that would be nice. Will be an engine mount part if I do it.

If only you knew how silly things really are.

hOjncvD.png

3z1kdVq.png

28741eE.png

vMP1405.png

36 minutes ago, Beale said:

Definitely an option, for Blok-D it's more that the real thing has a cowling, a rigid one, that would be nice. Will be an engine mount part if I do it.

hOjncvD.png

3z1kdVq.png

28741eE.png

vMP1405.png

What even is that? It's giving me War of the Worlds vibes.

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

hOjncvD.png

3z1kdVq.png

28741eE.png

vMP1405.png

You know it's gonna be good when the parts mod goes into proposal/hypothetical/obscure territory.

Posted (edited)

@Beale Is there any chance the cream-colored metallic bits of the Mir core module parts, and the various parts of the Kvant-1 module, could be changed to cream-colored thermal blankets, and the "yellow" paint option changed to grey thermal blankets? It would be more accurate to real life (as they were thermal blankets IRL) and it would give the parts more synergy with the FGB parts (and the grey thermal blankets would give the parts synergy with the Salyut parts).

Maybe, in the near future, some other misc greebles too, like the external experiments and other stuff on the exterior of Kvant-1?

Edit, pardon my sloppy editing skills, here is a photo of what I mean, with the thermal blankets highlighted -

STS063-28-023_-_STS-063_-_Mir_Space_Stat

Edited by Entr8899

9 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

@Beale Is there any chance the cream-colored metallic bits of the Mir core module parts, and the various parts of the Kvant-1 module, could be changed to cream-colored thermal blankets, and the "yellow" paint option changed to grey thermal blankets? It would be more accurate to real life (as they were thermal blankets IRL) and it would give the parts more synergy with the FGB parts (and the grey thermal blankets would give the parts synergy with the Salyut parts).

Maybe, in the near future, some other misc greebles too, like the external experiments and other stuff on the exterior of Kvant-1?

Edit, pardon my sloppy editing skills, here is a photo of what I mean, with the thermal blankets highlighted -

STS063-28-023_-_STS-063_-_Mir_Space_Stat

This is something I would really like to do, but also is a massive project tbh. I can't promise anything anytime soon.

10 hours ago, Beale said:

Tantares 27.0 For KSP 1.12.5

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/releases/tag/v27.0

This Update:

• Revamped the VA.
  • New generic adapter parts.
  • Deprecated old soyuz parts.

G3GuZan.png VA
vJZczJN.png "Big-V" / The man who sold the world / Solid VA
qTpNvGu.png TKS

ZqXhKhp.png Adapters

Are the Proton, Blok-D and R-7 revamps included in this update or are they still being worked on?

3 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Are the Proton, Blok-D and R-7 revamps included in this update or are they still being worked on?

They will be in TantaresLV when that updates (not yet). I expect the Proton will release first as I nearly have that finished.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

R7 Revamp will probably take a while longer, i havent been having much time.
In the meantime any parts that i do finish are being placed on the TantaresLV github, and can already be used

Edited by CardZLol

On 5/18/2024 at 8:03 AM, Beale said:

Actually unrelated to Tantares this one,

It will come to the other mod here eventually:

But, for now, you can alsom grab it here:

https://github.com/Tantares/MesbinEx

yQkngpW.png

tSsxXVE.png

6ncGLBR.png

pdxCKpJ.png

3VLpvAl.png

Some images of the MSB-25 "Globe" in its natural habitat.

Qgxya61.png

And the beloved supermassive airless whirligig world it is a "globe" of.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

What was the spacecraft/Service module and launch vehicle for the Big-VA? 

Was it just TKS with an adapter on top of a Proton like normal? 

Unfortunately I have nothing for this one, would be interested to know, though.

TKS_18big.jpgTKS_19.jpg

It ends up at the right size to launch directly on top of the fat part of a DOS module, but I have no evidence for that unfortuantely.

26 minutes ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately I have nothing for this one, would be interested to know, though.

TKS_18big.jpgTKS_19.jpg

It ends up at the right size to launch directly on top of the fat part of a DOS module, but I have no evidence for that unfortuantely.

Hmmm. So, it was just a test article with no service module or launch vehicle drawn up? 

Hmmm. @Pappystein You're a plethora of knowledge. Anything in your vault about Big VA?

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm. @Pappystein You're a plethora of knowledge. Anything in your vault about Big VA?

On today's episode of Rockets and Space Exploration with Pappystein, Pappystein invades the Soviet archives to uncover any information on Big VA.  But will Pappystein escape the KGB Zombies?  Stay tuned!