[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

One thing I really want to do now is get balance right before working on anything else. If you have any suggestions on "What's over-powered" or "What's under-powered" I would be very grateful!

I do have one suggestion.

Can you add an additional config for Snacks life support mod for Pollux, Hamal and Capella?

I do have one suggestion.

Can you add an additional config for Snacks life support mod for Pollux, Hamal and Capella?

I see Snacks only automatically supports modules with crew capacity.

So sure, this is a really easy thing to add.

I'll put this in a patch soon, I'll just hold out for a few more bugs! :)

EDIT: Forgot the Cygnus rescale too, I'll include that.

Edited by Beale

The trail is still a bit long, but I suppose this will do. Any chance for a jettisonable leg assembly for the LK? It feels wrong to have it a single part. Also, could you make TKS-style RCS blocks? It'd make RCS placement easier.

Nice work Beale!

This pack continues to be awesome! :)

ATV looks perfect, Beale. Nice job!
YAY!

Thankyou for the kind words :)

Isn't interplanetary flight enough of a use?

- - - Updated - - -

And the ATV looks great!

Hehe, perhaps I put the words a bit wrong. Travel between Earth/Venus/Mars is TMKs intended use yes. But I'm thinking more from a gameplay perspective what it can bring to the table?

mavrdrwg.jpg

Still, it's a bit off yet.

Thanks on the ATV :)

The trail is still a bit long, but I suppose this will do. Any chance for a jettisonable leg assembly for the LK? It feels wrong to have it a single part. Also, could you make TKS-style RCS blocks? It'd make RCS placement easier.

FX is something really new to me, so it's quite tricky to get the desired effect, please understand.

On the LK, the dual stage setup is still on the table, for gameplay I imagine it would be for an alternate "higher Delta V" Libra (Tylo / Duna landing?) or maybe just for aesthetics.

On the TKS RCS, it's really one of those "would be nice to have, but not urgent" things.

Edited by Beale

Hehe, perhaps I put the words a bit wrong. Travel between Earth/Venus/Mars is TMKs intended use yes. But I'm thinking more from a gameplay perspective what it can bring to the table?

Sure man, I see what you mean! In any event you've given us such a great pack of parts to work with that I can probably put one together already. As soon as I get a day off I'll see what can be made!

Hey Beale, when you finally get around to making the Almaz, this is the mod you should use to make the gatling gun:​http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-BDArmory-v0-5-1-Dev-Thread-%28small-fixes%29-Sept-3?highlight=Gun+Mod

Hi!

Almaz should already be perfectly possible (apart from the solar panels) with the existing Salyut and TKS parts.

Almazsm.jpg

I'm not so keen on adding guns or anything military to the mod.

Any other major parts missing?

Hope to understand :)

Sure man, I see what you mean! In any event you've given us such a great pack of parts to work with that I can probably put one together already. As soon as I get a day off I'll see what can be made!

That would be very cool to see prior to making it! :)

Edited by Beale

Hi!

Almaz should already be perfectly possible (apart from the solar panels) with the existing Salyut and TKS parts.

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/Almprog/Almazsm.jpg

I'm not so keen on adding guns or anything military to the mod.

Any other major parts missing?

Hope to understand :)

That would be very cool to see prior to making it! :)

Ok. We can make the panels work with the SPH. Please make them so us who want to "waste" our time doing this. Plus, I think the Almaz had it's own custom propulsion system. And can we get some science parts? I like science.

Almaz propulsion system can be done, too. Just put two TKS engines on a Salyut airlock. It should work, if you have monoprop on the station, of course (dunno if that config would have space for that).

Oh, and the panels would have to be two separate parts, SPH doesn't actually mirror parts (it'd attach the second panel upside-down). I don't have a problem with that, though.

Hey Beale, here is a TMK design I threw together. I can't seem to find any detailed outlines of which parts of the ship are which, so it's kind of a case of not knowing which way is forward! Nevertheless, it seems to work. It's COM is a little off and it's only got about 1,000 Dv, but with an appropriately large booster it could work on a flyby. I don't think the real one would have used a NTR, but it's a concession to gameplay.

cFVxMg2.jpg

gtmB9hO.jpg

MMPxEXS.jpg

U3LK6ur.jpg

I think this highlights the thing about your suite of parts that is amazing: it's so modular you can make almost anything out of it!

Hey Beale, here is a TMK design I threw together. I can't seem to find any detailed outlines of which parts of the ship are which, so it's kind of a case of not knowing which way is forward! Nevertheless, it seems to work. It's COM is a little off and it's only got about 1,000 Dv, but with an appropriately large booster it could work on a flyby. I don't think the real one would have used a NTR, but it's a concession to gameplay.

-snip-

I think this highlights the thing about your suite of parts that is amazing: it's so modular you can make almost anything out of it!

Nice work! :)

I think the NTR fits fairly well for gameplay, even if not accurate.

I'll probably base the TMK around 3.75m parts when it comes to be!

Vega craft seems to be a little bit "broken" none of the three crew modules has a "vesselType" parameter in configs, therefore, causing no craft icon appearing in globe view.

Fixed! Updated DL link!

Neither do I. Beale has the problem.;.;

This is really quite irritating. You have been nothing but rude, offensive and demanding so far in this thread.

To say that I have a problem because I don't want to spend a minimum of 4-5 hours of my own free time making parts for you just leaves me speechless.

Edited by Beale

hrm regarding MIR:

you only need the science packs for the modules. they are TKS based and you only need to switch the return capsule with the specific part(s) to get the MIR stuff. then solarpanels, mostly only one typ, but you could build the second long one too. and the docking hub? can be easly build with some creativity from stockparts :)

i really love how modular the tanatres pack is!

will show later pics from my MIR testbuild.

hrm regarding MIR:

you only need the science packs for the modules. they are TKS based and you only need to switch the return capsule with the specific part(s) to get the MIR stuff. then solarpanels, mostly only one typ, but you could build the second long one too. and the docking hub? can be easly build with some creativity from stockparts :)

i really love how modular the tanatres pack is!

will show later pics from my MIR testbuild.

Yep, hopefully MIR shouldn't require too many custom parts.

My thinking is:

• Solar Panels
  • Core module connection port.
  • Kvant-1 Module (Lab module?)
  • (Magnetometer Boom?)
  • (Large Comm. Dish?)
  • (Shuttle Docking Port?) As you say, this could be done stock.

bc582c219d.png03f50034ae.jpg

I look forward to see your MIR! :)

Haven't checked in here for a month or so and I must say the progress you made is astonishing. I hope I find time for some KSP soon . Mods get better and better. Keep up with your good work, Beale :)

Many thanks! :D

I don't know that you even need the solar panels, Beale - the gigantor XLs fit in just fine. And quite right about the shuttle docking port. Maybe just some kind of Pirs-like spacer? I believe the fustek station parts have something along those lines, and, if not that, it can easily be recreated with 1.25m fuselage parts. The boom can also be easily recreated using stock structural pieces.

Really, I think all you'd need to provide would be some kind of non-capsule TKS trunk-to-1.25m cap, TKS lab/living space trunk-diameter modules, and the big Priroda antenna.

53A50D41115D5B93C59FCB1F9839D0E95D84645C

Yep, hopefully MIR shouldn't require too many custom parts.

My thinking is:

• Solar Panels
  • Core module connection port.
  • Kvant-1 Module (Lab module?)
  • (Magnetometer Boom?)
  • (Large Comm. Dish?)
  • (Shuttle Docking Port?) As you say, this could be done stock.

http://puu.sh/bqAGd/bc582c219d.pnghttp://puu.sh/bqAGI/03f50034ae.jpg

I look forward to see your MIR! :)

Many thanks! :D

Is it possible to make your own experiments without creating plugins? If so, those modules may have some simplified versions of the experiments, carried on them IRL. "Kristal" will have material research, "Spektr"  optical research etc.

I don't know that you even need the solar panels, Beale - the gigantor XLs fit in just fine. And quite right about the shuttle docking port. Maybe just some kind of Pirs-like spacer? I believe the fustek station parts have something along those lines, and, if not that, it can easily be recreated with 1.25m fuselage parts. The boom can also be easily recreated using stock structural pieces.

Really, I think all you'd need to provide would be some kind of non-capsule TKS trunk-to-1.25m cap, TKS lab/living space trunk-diameter modules, and the big Priroda antenna.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312786562415/53A50D41115D5B93C59FCB1F9839D0E95D84645C/

Some good ideas here, the TKS trunk especially!

On solar panels, I'm thinking more like the large fixed ones on Kvant.

b7d61a7027.jpg

Is it possible to make your own experiments without creating plugins? If so, those modules may have some simplified versions of the experiments, carried on them IRL. "Kristal" will have material research, "Spektr"  optical research etc.

Totally possible :)

The old version of the Salyut actually had a custom experiment, but it was scrapped a few versions ago.

Recreating simplified versions of the real module experiments would be pretty good actually.

What I would like to do, which would require a plugin, is an experiment that can be repeated "infinitely" every 2 weeks or so for "infinite" science gains. The "s here are because it might not be very balanced :wink: