[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

22 minutes ago, Kochi said:

Will you Do the Stretch for the S3 ?
 Proton-Light launch vehicle

unfortunately it might not be possible, UV space wise. I will see if it can be done, as it is of course neat - but might just be the case of the "auxiliary fuel tank" in this.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

Proton Light and Blok-D parts.

q3UXru9.png

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Bud Light

Y5X3Iz8.png

Now that we have a four radial tank version, question is, can we eventually get three?

9 hours ago, Beale said:

unfortunately it might not be possible, UV space wise. I will see if it can be done, as it is of course neat - but might just be the case of the "auxiliary fuel tank" in this.

Proton Light and Blok-D parts.

q3UXru9.png

Unfortunately I don't know much about the process of ksp modeling, or 3d modeling in general so this might not work, but if the issue is related to not being able to stretch the textures further perhaps making a sort of tank extension part or part switch with the forward bulkheads and raceways of the central and radial tanks along with a short cylindrical extension tank extension that would fit over the standard length tanks like a hat would work?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ArgentBlue said:

Now that we have a four radial tank version, question is, can we eventually get three?

Unfortunately I don't know much about the process of ksp modeling, or 3d modeling in general so this might not work, but if the issue is related to not being able to stretch the textures further perhaps making a sort of tank extension part or part switch with the forward bulkheads and raceways of the central and radial tanks along with a short cylindrical extension tank extension that would fit over the standard length tanks like a hat would work?

Okay so, after examining it a bit, I think the stretched is possible.

The 3 sided one is definitely not, as far as I can tell - that'd be down to a hypothetical UR-700 part set.

LCevEAO.png

Edited by Beale

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

Aaaaaaaw man, why would it be impossible? :(

Don't really think there's space on the texture sheet, besides - this is a butchered Proton, no real good IRL basis for it, I know people want it to kitbash UR-700, but it's still just a mangled Proton first stage. I think dedicated UR-700 parts would be better.

CjstmjV.png

Edited by Beale

32 minutes ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

Since you're doing 3/2 engine Proton variants, can we get an extended 3rd stage tank to go with it?

proton_light_mods_1.png?ex=66452dd0&is=6

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vnkog9f96030kgbac0u

Afraid no on this one, but the Zenit fuel tanks basically give you the option here.

Yeah... so the 1st stage was previously about 16 tons too heavy...
The Proton should not be a lead balloon anymore.

Length switch is there, but fuel values not working yet.

XJl6TXr.png

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AliceChristina said:

Zond - 5

RGBQJ7t.png

Great job, Beale!!:cool::cool::cool:

Awesome!

RD-58 engine. You might notice the hasty last minute addition of gimbals.

b9pNgdS.png

euMiHza.png

62so3G6.png

BEFORE being politely informed it gimballed, you were going to get boattails, will have to think if I can do this another way:

BT8ux6l.png

moZIZAi.png

Edited by Beale