Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

After installing the following:

Engineer

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Protractor

Deadly Re-Entry

The Command Pod for HOME 3 has the RCS on in VAB and from Launch... it doesn't do anything with physics, but the temp goes up on the pod and the RCS Build Helper shows thrust.

EDIT: I removed these, it still happens.

Are you using the latest firespitter DLL? That is mostly the problem.
I am using the latest (I think).

Is NOT using it the cause or IS using the cause?

You must use the latest FireSpitter.dll to prevent that from happening. DL from here: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/blob/master/For%20release/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll?raw=true

Buran update is still some time away. Still, I uploaded a new version of HOME3 and Soyuz packs. Enjoy. There's a new dependency for the Soyuz. I'll soon reupload some old stuff, no DEMVs yet, but I've got Jool V to work. Also, American Pack is waiting for an RPM update and Nazari's response on the new FX (I'd like to have some custom hydrolox exhaust effects).

... I uploaded a new version of HOME3 and Soyuz packs. Enjoy...

Are this at the link in the first page of of this post? If so is there any plan to add version numbers or dates the the main page so we can better track when new releases come available?

Thanks for your work on this. If I had to guess the Soviet pack has consumed about 85% of my time in KSP (and I am well north of 1000 hours).

-JP

I have them working, too, just waiting for some plugin updates. I added some functionality to them and fixed the bugs. Getting them "working" is easy, what is not easy is restoring all the features.

Besides, I don't get why you all are so bend on having DEMVs back. They're already horribly outdated and this will get worse as the time goes. BobCat wanted to ditch them, and I'm not surprised. If my hacks ever simply stop working, I'll just remove them. There's a new, shiny Tesla rover in the pack, you can use that instead.

The DEMV's are the best rovers ever created in the game they provide so much functionality, the ANT is so good I prefer it over the Tesla why because the Tesla is to flimsy slightest bump you lose a wheel, secondly there is a dedicated way to deploy the ANT it has a garage module. If the Tesla was beefed up and had some way of deploying it I would use it. MK1 /2 Demv allow you to carry more Kerbals and go further due to the rtg power plant, there is nothing in the game that can replace them currently thats why they are so popular they intergrate so well with Home system for colonisation its a must have for me and many others

Edited by Virtualgenius

I managed to find an old version of the American pack (1.2)... All the parts work apart from the landing legs on the Altair lander... What's the chances of a quick dirty fix?

I managed to find an old version of the American pack (1.2)... All the parts work apart from the landing legs on the Altair lander... What's the chances of a quick dirty fix?

Have'nt try'ed them yet but here are some that should work for 24.2 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/CleverBobCat%20-%2064bit.zip and here is a 32bit https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/CleverBobCat%20-%2032bit.zip

The CleverBobCat.dll is all you should need.

Edit- Last time, I used it in 23.5 you had to hit G to deploy the legs or set a ActionGroup but they may have fixed it.

Yip all works now as long as you press G

The DEMV's are the best rovers ever created in the game they provide so much functionality, the ANT is so good I prefer it over the Tesla why because the Tesla is to flimsy slightest bump you lose a wheel, secondly there is a dedicated way to deploy the ANT it has a garage module. If the Tesla was beefed up and had some way of deploying it I would use it. MK1 /2 Demv allow you to carry more Kerbals and go further due to the rtg power plant, there is nothing in the game that can replace them currently thats why they are so popular they intergrate so well with Home system for colonisation its a must have for me and many others

The sturdyness of the DEMVs is something I'd rather reduce, TBH. It's very unrealistic, and CleverBobCat.dll doesn't feature any wheel damage system. Tesla is good if you don't go crazy with it. ANT's garage is a plus, but that's another mod pack that was supposed to be deprecated. I only put that in because fixing it was particularly easy. IMO, the Tesla is actually a better rover than DEMVs. Better IVA, more realistic, more modular... BobCat even wanted to do a garage (shame nothing came of it so far).

The sturdyness of the DEMVs is something I'd rather reduce, TBH. It's very unrealistic, and CleverBobCat.dll doesn't feature any wheel damage system. Tesla is good if you don't go crazy with it. ANT's garage is a plus, but that's another mod pack that was supposed to be deprecated. I only put that in because fixing it was particularly easy. IMO, the Tesla is actually a better rover than DEMVs. Better IVA, more realistic, more modular... BobCat even wanted to do a garage (shame nothing came of it so far).

Sounds like a challenge for modellers to make a garage for the Tesla.

Thank you Dragon for all your hard work in updating these mods.

But put me down as another user who would love to see the DEMVs added to your pack, even if the functionality is not complete. I'll take what I can get!

I just installed the American Pack and it works quite well. However my log file gets spammed with null exceptions and obviously the same errors people have been reporting since .22 about the landing legs. But all in all it works fine. It shouldn't be too hard to get it back to 100%. It would be nice for bobcat to come back and refine everything but that's obviously wishful thinking.

I'm switching to Landertron, it's better and more capable.

Cool! Feel free to drop by my thread if you need help implementing it or have any feature requests. It should be pretty straightforward, and I haven't run into any issues with v0.24 so far.