What should be worked on after .24?

Not freaking multiplayer.

No really, you have to finish a game before it is fun to play together.

I've never really understood what would be so "fun" about it, you'll just be bickering about what to build and where to go, suffering through whatever timewarp system allow multiplayer and just crashing ship into each other in a desperate quest for fun.

It's not actually like Minecraft, start building a good space-station and the game will be too laggy to play.

So for after .24

I think they could work on allowing probes to do stuff while not fucused. I would greatly expand other feature.

But they are the pro, they should do whatever they now better than player is best.

Fishing is truly the future of KSP. I'd love to throw a line off the edge of a barge and while away the time...

Are we going to be running tests on sea shells?

More seroiusly: science that takes a while. Mapping the surface from orbit for better maps and SCIENCE!, mapping magnetospheres, observing weather phenomena, whatever. Preferably you can leave it running for a bit while you get on with other things.

Desperate for a full spaceplane update with new aerodynamics and light re-entry risk. This would probably take several updates though.

I agree.

We also need better and more realistic sound effects (no sound in space --- see atmospheric sound enhancement) and a Realistic Difficulty setting that has reentry, engine ignitors and life support etc.

Desperate for a full spaceplane update with new aerodynamics and light re-entry risk. This would probably take several updates though.

Ditto. Making able to build good spaceplanes becomes important and makes perfect sense since budgets will put big emphasis on re-usability & cost saving. Proper re-entry mechanics also important to avoid abuse of current re-entry to land&recover senselessly non-aerodynamic & huge ships (and skew cost balance too much).

1) new planets

2) DLC's:

- a more.. general version, just known has 'Kerbal'. You must collect the resources yourself, with the option to have money.

- Kerbin defence - defend Kerbin either from wave after wave of aliens OR you get attacked by one race of aliens, then you must invade them/make peace with them.

3) Something like quests, with a 'Boss Planet' - land on the planet (super-high gravity, super thick atmosphere, basically the most challenging thing ever), explore at least 10KM radius and then return to kerbin! - to finish it off

The game needs to tweak its appearance. Atmospheric sound enhancement should be inside the game. Complete silence is an overkill. Heavily muffled sounds, like in the mentioned mod, should be a stock thing. If you were in a capsule, or a microphone was in the probe core, you'd hear deep sounds transmitted by solids.

RCS sounds, too.

Reentry burning up - more shine and more realistic colors, and actual burning up like in Deadly Reentry. Ablative shields are a normal part of spaceflight.

Cover up Eve in a shroud. Add more heat and pressure. Make it a hell.

Remove the godawful, disgusting, gray and fat galaxy stripe that destroys the feeling of being in space and enables you to feel like you're in London. It's few minutes of work.

Active light adaptation. No stars when planets and Kerbol are in the visual field.

Thermometer and temperature measurement - when will it finally start working?

It's not that hard.

PS: Ablate from Krag's Planet Factory. At least Ablate.

I was musing on the idea of making my own thread for this, but personally I suggest having 0.25 be a dedicated bugfix / optimization update. We need one by this point, because every update that's added features has added bugs (even if it also mitigated others), and the general idea of KSP has changed from what it was when it started, so there are some fundamental things that need revisiting.

For example, the parts list - I'm thinking we need to ditch the idea of multiple fixed-size fuel tanks and instead have resizable fuel tanks in a few different shapes and colors. In Career, larger sizes and tanks with better mass fractions or crash tolerances can unlock later, and be more expensive than flimsy tanks.

We also need to address stuff like the long-standing docking bugs and NullReferenceExceptions.

Hear Hear!

I really think that 0.25 should be an optimisation update with no new major features.

AND PLEASE, BETTER AERODYNAMICS!

So the Boss Planet is Eve?

No, even more extreme than that. I suggest a planet around 1/4 the size of Jool, with around 50x the pressure at Kerbin sea level, 80x the gravity and extremely far away - a light year? Or is that way to far out? Either way, it must make Eve seem like a walk in the Purple Park

No, even more extreme than that. I suggest a planet around 1/4 the size of Jool, with around 50x the pressure at Kerbin sea level, 80x the gravity and extremely far away - a light year? Or is that way to far out? Either way, it must make Eve seem like a walk in the Purple Park

A light year would be too far and 80x the gravity would mean return is impossible in stock, but I see what you're getting at. The funny thing is, the thick atmosphere makes it easier rather than harder, IME. You can aerobrake for your capture, and your descent can be done on chutes alone. The ascent would be a real kicker, though.

If it was airless, you'd have to do a significant capture burn, plus it would cost about as much dV to descend as to ascend. Much tougher, IMO.

Hear Hear!

I really think that 0.25 should be an optimisation update with no new major features.

AND PLEASE, BETTER AERODYNAMICS!

So which do you want, an optimization/bugfix update, or better aerodynamics?

Well, if you consider the soupy atmosphere a bug... :)

I concur, though, they should finally get down to fixing tons of little issues that cropped up over the years. Getting rid of all instances of NullReferenceException error and replacing it with something more informative would be nice, for example. Also, there's a lot of work to do regarding physics. Realistic jet engines, aerodynamics, parachutes, stuff like that. I think that 0.25 should be bugfix/aerodynamics update, and 0.26 should be a spaceplane parts update, with the parts getting an art pass and more stuff being added.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.