Hello!

Disiuze

Hi, I'm a new user as you may know from looking on this post.

I'm already pretty adept at KSP, or al least I think so, because I've constructed my station an learned to render-vous and dock(Scott Manley makes it look easy!).

Does anybody have tips on how to create fuel tanks that are 2.5 in diameter but constructed with 1.25 tanks?

Hi Disiuze, and welcome to the forums!

There are lots of ways to make larger sized tanks with clusters of smaller ones. My favorite recent technique is to start with a large part as the base or top. Then I make a core using the long modular girder and attach another large part to the end of that.

On one of those long, end pieces, I will place some of the small cubic struts with symmetry on. This provides a place to attach the smaller parts. Once your fuel tanks are on the cubic strut nodes, run struts from the tank's opposite end to the core girder (or large endcap piece) for strength.

If you are making a large fuel tank, don't forget to run fuel lines where needed. The exact fuel flow will depend on the parts construction.

edit: Here are some example sceenshots of another thing I was working on. It demonstrates what I posted above.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Claw

Hello Disiuze. Could you describe what you're trying to build? Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Thanks. I'm trying to build a lander with sturdy legs.

Hi Disiuze, and welcome to the forums!

There are lots of ways to make larger sized tanks with clusters of smaller ones. My favorite recent technique is to start with a large part as the base or top. Then I make a core using the long modular girder and attach another large part to the end of that.

On one of those long, end pieces, I will place some of the small cubic struts with symmetry on. This provides a place to attach the smaller parts. Once your fuel tanks are on the cubic strut nodes, run struts from the tank's opposite end to the core girder (or large endcap piece) for strength.

If you are making a large fuel tank, don't forget to run fuel lines where needed. The exact fuel flow will depend on the parts construction.

edit: Here are some example sceenshots of another thing I was working on. It demonstrates what I posted above.

http://imgur.com/a/XG1u3

Thanks. I will definitely use this when i unlock the adapters.

So far everything is going wel in my space program, and at the time of this post I have redirected an asteroid to not hit Kerbin. Feels awesome.