[24.2] Deployable Airbags [v0.4.0 - 2014.08.17]

RoverDude

Is this working with 0.24? anyone knows? I am currently sorting out my mods...

I should, this was a pretty simple mod. However if the animator is not working he will have to recompile is airbagTools.dll

I should, this was a pretty simple mod. However if the animator is not working he will have to recompile is airbagTools.dll

This one *should* work, but on my list as I am going through all of my mods.

This one *should* work, but on my list as I am going through all of my mods.

Sorry what I should have said was compared to other mods like MKS, the plugin for this is pretty straightforward no?

Was kinda rude the way I wrote it before lol

Sorry what I should have said was compared to other mods like MKS, the plugin for this is pretty straightforward no?

Was kinda rude the way I wrote it before lol

Not rude at all, just a bit crazy sorting out mods right now while juggling another seekrit project that I want to throw out for pre-release this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea similar to this but for an inflatable aerobraking shield. Unfortunately, I can't animate to save my life. Can you recommend a good tutorial on how to animate an inflatable thing? ...Or you can take the idea and run with it. That'd be fine too. Also, downloading this as I find landing on Duna can be... painful.

This does not work for me. I can attach the airbags in the VAB and can usually inflate/deflate them on assembly, unless they are placed with symmetry. However when launched I can not deploy the airbags. Action groups don't do anything, either. I have the Kerbin Cup Mod installed. Any advice? Known incompatibility to other mods?

I am having the same problem!

I really wished this would work for me! But symmetry stops it from working and there are some other quirks. Looking forward to a fixed version, thank you already!

I really wished this would work for me! But symmetry stops it from working and there are some other quirks. Looking forward to a fixed version, thank you already!

Ditto'd!..

Oh hi. I updated this. that is all. Go bounce some stuff around, let me know if there are issues.

Great, thanks. I'll test it on my next unmanned duna lander. If the bags are not deploying my agency will send you the bill :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the airbags usually don`t disconnect properly and (or) open, just leaving this here

Version? Note that airbags has moved to the Survivability Pack - so direct inquiries there :) There is also a pre-release

how do you deploy all at once?

Action group.

I'm seem to be getting the bug noted on the previous page. The airbags deploy fine in the VAB but symetry messes with them in the flight scene.

Need more specifics. In the VAB be careful to recharge them or you will be sad

Version? Note that airbags has moved to the Survivability Pack - so direct inquiries there :) There is also a pre-release

Action group.

Need more specifics. In the VAB be careful to recharge them or you will be sad

I've noticed high density due to symmetry (usually 6 or 8 depending on the airbag size) will cause more harm than good when bouncing. The bigger airbags too close together will jostle and vy for placement, and wind up knocking parts off the main craft or making the bounce/roll take more time. I had to manually inflate/deflate a couple to stop from destroying my craft. This may just be WAD and be up to the ship designer to not place these airbags too close together. But it might be what pokeman was getting at.