[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

I tried and downloaded precisely the 27th April commit of EVE Overhaul and everything is just fine. And beautiful, of course!

Oh brilliant!! Yeah it maybe be that some of the releases just after that one may work slightly better, though I'm not to sure

I'd like to attempt running this in the pre-release build of RSS. After grabbing the latest commit to EVE Overhaul, is there anything else I need to make a stab at running this with RSS? Textures? Configs? I understand they might not work right, but I'd like to try anyway and promise not to submit complaints or stomp around like an angry child and all that other behavior we tend to see around here from time to time.

I'd like to attempt running this in the pre-release build of RSS. After grabbing the latest commit to EVE Overhaul, is there anything else I need to make a stab at running this with RSS? Textures? Configs? I understand they might not work right, but I'd like to try anyway and promise not to submit complaints or stomp around like an angry child and all that other behavior we tend to see around here from time to time.

Ha! If you wan't anything remotely decent looking I'd give the overhaul posted above a try, though I haven't tried that older build in the new RSS yet myself. I've been using the latest overhaul which is proving very tricky to control but I'm getting there.. I think, allot of bugs still in the newest overhaul regarding the atmosphere shader and some problems with terrain being uncontrollable on RSS-modified planets.

I personally tried this using the latest EVE overhaul, and using the RSS Visual Enhancements in the .90 repo on Github, but unfortunately what I got was an Earth with pure white continents. I'll see if I installed it incorrectly in some way.

I also tried the April 28th release that the person above got working. Same issue, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Edited by avi

I personally tried this using the latest EVE overhaul, and using the RSS Visual Enhancements in the .90 repo on Github, but unfortunately what I got was an Earth with pure white continents. I'll see if I installed it incorrectly in some way.

I also tried the April 28th release that the person above got working. Same issue, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

It's to do with the way RSS now assigns planets with new names.. I think.

Go into your RSS folder, find the RSSKopernicus.cfg and comment out (by adding //) the cbNameLater line so it looks like this:

// Earth
Body
{
name = Kerbin
//nameLater = Earth
//cbNameLater = Earth <<< This line
Template
{

Edited by pingopete

Thanks, that mostly fixed the problem! I am still having an issue in which ground detail textures don't work in scaled space, and in which clouds don't show within a certain radius of my ship when I'm in scaled space, but unless there's a known fix for it, I'm going to assume it's version compatibility and will be fixed in an update.

Thanks, that mostly fixed the problem! I am still having an issue in which ground detail textures don't work in scaled space, and in which clouds don't show within a certain radius of my ship when I'm in scaled space, but unless there's a known fix for it, I'm going to assume it's version compatibility and will be fixed in an update.

Which version of EVE/RSS/KSP is this happening with?

For best results (ATM) I've found the april 28th Overhaul with RSS in KSP 0.9 to look the best (that should be with the current RVE from git as well.. MAN I really wanna get this looking nice again but so many bugs and crashes atm making things very slow :(

Latest x86-release.zip from EVE, so the May 19th release, I think.

Latest visual enhancements from the RVE-KSP-0.90 repo.

This RSS pre-release

Most recent download of Realism Overhaul in the KSP10 Branch.

KSP 1.0.2.842.

RSS in KSP 1 and with EVE really looks quite horrible, I really recommend rolling back to KSP0.9 for visuals else all I can say is the problems are happening on my end too :/ sorry

In PQS it looks the same as it did previously, it seems just to be in scaled space. I'll play RO without RVE for now and eagerly await the update. Thank you for your help.

In PQS it looks the same as it did previously, it seems just to be in scaled space. I'll play RO without RVE for now and eagerly await the update. Thank you for your help.

Ok, and again I'm sorry I can't do more to help or improve RVE at this time :(

Would someone be kind enough to make EVE compatible with the latest Real Solar System? Kerbal 1.02 Everything works fine except that the clouds don't show up on Mars and Venus only. RSS latest release has real planet names.

The problem, as I understand it, has something to do with EVE not handling the renaming of planetary bodies? Is that correct or is there more to it than that?

Edit: I think there's also issues with shader conflicts with Kopernicus or some such thing.

Edited by jrandom

The problem, as I understand it, has something to do with EVE not handling the renaming of planetary bodies? Is that correct or is there more to it than that?

Edit: I think there's also issues with shader conflicts with Kopernicus or some such thing.

There is a quick fix for the new kopernicus stuff not being compatible with EVE. As far as current issues, it's mainly actually just trying to understand the new atmosphere shader in the EVE gui, there's something like 30 variables with only names like A, B, C, etc, but I have made some progress with it.

I'm also waiting on some features to be introduced in EVE, mainly mutliple detail layer levels so e.g. a close up grass texture and one for when viewed at 100,000ft, obviously the same texture wouldn't work for both. Another is having the cloud shadows conform to cloud detail when using transparency. Normals for textures would also be awesome!

This is great! I have tested it on the new RSS and I also get white continents. I'm not putting pressure on you but this is just a small bug report.

Go into your RSS folder, find the RSSKopernicus.cfg and comment out (by adding //) the cbNameLater line so it looks like this:

// Earth
Body
{
name = Kerbin
//nameLater = Earth
Template
{

This looks beautiful :D

Thank you, it's still in its very early stages though mind :P

Edited by pingopete

At this moment in time, is there a way to get Earth clouds at least? RSS 10.1 is really beautiful and stable, it just feels a little incomplete without clouds. Reading this thread is confusing me, it sounds like some people have already done it, while others deny that it works (?)

// Earth
Body
{
name = Kerbin
//nameLater = Earth
Template
{

Ok that solve the problem:D Thanks

screenshot2_zps5ixrd5im.png

Also I notice that some places are under water but still nice!

screenshot4_zpszmtmmc2u.png

screenshot1_zpso9ykyeqh.png

screenshot3_zpsd5io8xyp.png

I'm using ksp 1.0.2 and the 10.0.1 RSS

also hacked win64

EDIT: I have also something about cloud from like 2000m all the time sometimes they don't even show but when you are at that altidude then they show. This is a small bug report and I don't whant to put pressure on you because of this:)

Edited by CosmoBro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.