[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I can see it feeling that way, it should definitely be optional, to increase difficulty if desired. Also, game play wont actually change as long as you remember to keep everyone connected....I'm just trying to think of reasons I should want to keep crewed vessels connected, like they would want to stay connected in real life.

I can see it feeling that way, it should definitely be optional, to increase difficulty if desired. Also, game play wont actually change as long as you remember to keep everyone connected....I'm just trying to think of reasons I should want to keep crewed vessels connected, like they would want to stay connected in real life.

Start with a look at what the ground does for manned ships in real life. In routine operation it's mostly crew workload reduction - maintaining activity schedules and checklists so they're always ready for the crew. Ground also tracks the ship's orbit and calculates burns. Engineering support if something goes wrong and has to be fixed.

You might do something like add kerbal XP requirements to use patched conics and maneuver nodes while out of contact with the ground, but that would involve hooking systems inside KSP that aren't the most mod-friendly.

That's an interesting feature idea, I like it, sadly I can't help to contribute to making any of these >.<

Mostly what I'm trying to get at is besides what ever actual operational aspect there is to maintaining comms, any vessel would greatly benefit from contact with home for the sake of the astronauts sanity. Time warping effectively traps kerbals for long periods of time, and without a signal they get no news, sports updates etc. I have been hoping for some sort of mod that hooks into RT for this.

Here I was hoping to think of something that would at least motivate me to keep them in touch, even though the abstraction is to simulate something else, routine radio chatter between pilots during docking manoeuvres being the requirement for the convenience of fast switching of vessels during such manoeuvres.

I'm just trying to spur conversation that leads to there being some reason (other then science transmission) to have manned vessels connected.

Here's a thought....is anyone is this thread familiar with roverdude's .cfg files? Would it be possible to add some sort of multiplier to module efficiency when there is no RT connection via .cfg edit? Is there a language I should learn to be able to properly do that myself?

Thanks for the work on a truly great mod. It's a must-have for me at this point in my Kerbal career.

A suggestion, if it's possible. It would be great if the mod caused a career game to offer you contracts to put up a network of communication satellites in a specific orbit. Perhaps one of the multi-part contracts with a reward for each ComSat that reaches the designated orbit with the appropriate dishes/antenna and has a connection to KSC, and then a final reward when all satellites in the network are up. It would greatly improve the career mode gameplay to have this instead of spamming a bunch of ComSats forming a disjointed hodgepodge of connections from different orbits.

Thanks for the work on a truly great mod. It's a must-have for me at this point in my Kerbal career.

A suggestion, if it's possible. It would be great if the mod caused a career game to offer you contracts to put up a network of communication satellites in a specific orbit. Perhaps one of the multi-part contracts with a reward for each ComSat that reaches the designated orbit with the appropriate dishes/antenna and has a connection to KSC, and then a final reward when all satellites in the network are up. It would greatly improve the career mode gameplay to have this instead of spamming a bunch of ComSats forming a disjointed hodgepodge of connections from different orbits.

Nightingale made a contract mod that does exactly that.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106580-0-90-Contract-Pack-RemoteTech-v1-0-1-2015-01-09

That's an interesting feature idea, I like it, sadly I can't help to contribute to making any of these >.<

Mostly what I'm trying to get at is besides what ever actual operational aspect there is to maintaining comms, any vessel would greatly benefit from contact with home for the sake of the astronauts sanity. Time warping effectively traps kerbals for long periods of time, and without a signal they get no news, sports updates etc. I have been hoping for some sort of mod that hooks into RT for this.

Here I was hoping to think of something that would at least motivate me to keep them in touch, even though the abstraction is to simulate something else, routine radio chatter between pilots during docking manoeuvres being the requirement for the convenience of fast switching of vessels during such manoeuvres.

I'm just trying to spur conversation that leads to there being some reason (other then science transmission) to have manned vessels connected.

Here's a thought....is anyone is this thread familiar with roverdude's .cfg files? Would it be possible to add some sort of multiplier to module efficiency when there is no RT connection via .cfg edit? Is there a language I should learn to be able to properly do that myself?

Changing efficiency with connection status would require additional code in the generator and converter modules, which are written in C#. It's not something that can just be added at the .cfg level.

RoverDude has mentioned mental-health mechanics being on his radar for the long term. At that point, RT integration would make sense.

This thing is awesome. Very enjoyable! There is a learning curve. It has been quite a job using KAS and this together to reoutfit my probes with antennae. Only problem is my emergency Kerbal return ships can't get the atmospheric antenna because they are not KAS grabbable or storable. Any chance someone can help me find a way to make these antennae "KAS-able". Otherwise I'm going to have to launch a lot of ship clones with antennae, and then "return" their counterparts to Kerbin. Sounds kinda fun but I think it would be awesome to have these parts grabbable and storable in KAS containers.

Thanks!

This thing is awesome. Very enjoyable! There is a learning curve. It has been quite a job using KAS and this together to reoutfit my probes with antennae. Only problem is my emergency Kerbal return ships can't get the atmospheric antenna because they are not KAS grabbable or storable. Any chance someone can help me find a way to make these antennae "KAS-able". Otherwise I'm going to have to launch a lot of ship clones with antennae, and then "return" their counterparts to Kerbin. Sounds kinda fun but I think it would be awesome to have these parts grabbable and storable in KAS containers.

Thanks!

Prob should ask in KAS thread, but you can write an MM cfg like this to add KAS to parts you want:

@PART[yourpartnamehere]: NEEDS [KAS]
{

[INDENT]MODULE[/INDENT]

[INDENT]{[/INDENT]

[INDENT] name = KASModuleGrab[/INDENT]

[INDENT] evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.10, -0.15) [/INDENT]

[INDENT] evaPartDir = (0,0,-1) [COLOR=#ff0000]//You can press Ctrl+K in flight and Ctrl+click a part in flight to change this on the fly[/COLOR][/INDENT]

[INDENT] storable = true[/INDENT]

[INDENT] storedSize = 20 [COLOR=#ff0000] // This is how much space the part will take in a containe[/COLOR]r[/INDENT]

[INDENT] attachOnPart = True[/INDENT]

[INDENT] attachOnEva = False[/INDENT]

[INDENT] attachOnStatic = True[/INDENT]

[INDENT] customGroundPos = true[/INDENT]

[INDENT] dropPartPos = (0.0, -0.2, -0.7)[/INDENT]

[INDENT] dropPartRot = (-10.0, 0.0, 0.0)[/INDENT]

[INDENT]}[/INDENT]

}

Hi orangewarning,

yes we've a problem with older saves. Gaiiden posted a quick workarround and i'll patch this today/tomorrow

Hi. Sorry if I am bothering you.

But I don't think he has the same problem.

For me, my cones for my old sats work.

But the ones that I newly launch have a 0º cone angle.(not 180º)

I see in my savefile that I have

RTdishradians for my old sats

And RTdishcosangle for my new sats

I have tried his method but it doesnt help.

I have also tried a new save and it does not work. The cone is also 0º there.

Even changing the save file for the new save does not solve my problem.

P.S. I don't have signaldelay, so I would be fine if an option to turn off cone angles is available as well.

Edited by orangewarning

Is there any way for me to modify my install to separate the deploying and activating behaviours?

To elaborate, I'd like to leave the antennas on my spacecraft extended (for vanity reasons) without them actually being activated at that time (to avoid the power drain). This would be slightly similar to the stock behaviour of antennas, where they can remain deployed when not transmitting.

This would be slightly similar to the stock behaviour of antennas, where they can remain deployed when not transmitting.

AFAIK, stock is actually really bugged in that regard... I used to try that (even had them set in action groups), but the game would always lock out one antenna... at least with RT I can reliably extend them all every time... just throw some more batteries and solar panels to mitigate the drain...

As far as being able to edit that... pretty sure not. At least not without doing some re-compiling of the plugin yourself.

Hello. Was looking to see if you guys might be able to help me. Been posting in this thread about some problems I have been having with my KSP. Wondering if it might be a RT2 issue if anyone could take a look and give me some advice that would be great.

Hey, is there anyway I can change the range of a few certain antennas, like the two last dishes? I have a planets mod installed that adds planets that are out REALLY far, and I need more powerful antennas!

You can modify the cfg of the antennas for more range, either directly in the RT folder or write an MM cfg for it.

Current changelog for v1.6.2:

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue that can cause the KSP UI to be not clickable anymore after docking (thx DaveTSG for reporting)
  • Fixed an issue that can cause the flight computer to crash into a small gray dot (thx Synighte for reporting)
  • Fix for saving/loading a ManeuverCommand
  • Reverted a change of the AssemblyVersion from 1.6.1 to 1.6.0 to prevent issues with other mods that use our API (thx jrossignol)
  • We fixed an old issue where KSP can freeze by zero cost links between two satellites

I tried upgrading RT from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1 yesterday - suddenly, my sats had many more connections then they should have. Was there a logic change to antennas set to "active vessel" mode between 1.5.2 and 1.6.1?

It's probably the change to dish cones being able to link up to other sats within the same SOI as long as they are pointed in that direction

i have a ship on it way out to duna RT reports a 21 sec delay but any input by me is done instantly. have checked the enabledelay in the settings and it is set to true. is there something i'm missing or is it a bug.using RT 1.6.2

i have a ship on it way out to duna RT reports a 21 sec delay but any input by me is done instantly. have checked the enabledelay in the settings and it is set to true. is there something i'm missing or is it a bug.using RT 1.6.2

If you have any crew on board, they will be in control. And of course any buttons they press will have an instant effect. Try temporarily sending all your crew on EVA, so the ground crew at KSC are the only ones who can control the ship.

it is an unmanned vessel and it would seem that it is only throttle and directional controlls that have the delay is working for staging and deployment

What probe core do you use? Maybe the Lionhead-Hermes? Can you also please take a screenshot of your vessel.