[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I really really love this mod, but I have one problem, is it possible to program more then one maneuver node execution?

I like that you've added a manual signal delay (I've been missing that option for a while), but imo a really important part of a flight computer should be to be able to program the satellite to hit it's target orbit with as little interaction as possible.

Now I know it wouldn't be perfect, but I feel that for a more realistic use of the networks it would be so awesome if it was possible, even if it ended up a few thousand km off target with +- a couple degrees off it would feel so satisfying.

</rant>

Other then that as I said previously I love this mod so much :D I can't go back to ksp without it.

Something is seriously wrong with my dish cones!!!!

I kind of narrowed down my problems.

Dishes launched in 0.90 have no cones. Only displaying a straight line to the target. (Impossible to target a Kerbin/Mun/other planets because of this.)

Dishes launched in 0.25 have cones. They have no problems. How do I fix this problem???

Something is seriously wrong with my dish cones!!!

Hi orangewarning,

yes we've a problem with older saves. Gaiiden posted a quick workarround and i'll patch this today/tomorrow

We all want this feature :Dhttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-0-90-0-RemoteTech-v1-6-0?p=1663259&viewfull=1#post1663259 but i moved this feature to v1.7

1.6.0 Flight computer has an issue with switching from Custom orientation back to Prograde/Radial/Normal. It used to be where if I were holding custom orientation and selected one of the directional buttons it would switch over to that mode. However now when I press any of those it just resends the command to hold at my custom orientation. Even if I cancel the orientation command (and wait for the cancel signal to reach the craft) and then try to press the RAD+ button, it sends my custom orientation. I have to hit the ORB button and then immediately hit the RAD+ button if I want to change from custom to radial orientation without moving through prograde first.

Also it would be nice if the Roll/Pitch/Hdg boxes had an option to be used for change in position rather than setting the position. Unless I use an MFD readout from Probe Control Room or a telemetry system link like Telemachus or KSPTOT the game doesn't give you the information you need to determine what your craft's current roll/pitch is, although you can see your heading on the navball. Or, a button that just fills in the boxes with this info rather than defaulting to 90. I've always found orienting my craft with these boxes to be a pain in the ass

1.6.0 Flight computer has an issue with switching from Custom orientation back to Prograde/Radial/Normal
yeah it's an old part of the flight computer.

I don't know why there is a condition for clicking on the attitude buttons but maybe we can take out this part without any disadvantage

Edited by Peppie23

Hi all. I have a problem and I'm not sure if this has been answered here but 193 pages... uhh. Anw so I just installed and took my first sattelite up. Only problem is I can't steer it at all. The engine fires fine and I have a connection to ksp center but the rcs doesn't work and neither does control. I can extend and retract solar panels and antenas and work the throttle but nothing else. What is going on?

Hi all. I have a problem and I'm not sure if this has been answered here but 193 pages... uhh. Anw so I just installed and took my first sattelite up. Only problem is I can't steer it at all. The engine fires fine and I have a connection to ksp center but the rcs doesn't work and neither does control. I can extend and retract solar panels and antenas and work the throttle but nothing else. What is going on?

If it's the Stayputnik Mk 1 -- well, as of KSP 0.90, it no longer stays put properly due to lacking SAS.

Some probe cores need external reaction wheels added (or RCS thrusters). They have no attitude control built-in. Things like the little QBE have no internal RW.

Hey guys, I've got the following issue with RT:

I have a probe/satellite-delivery-rocket, which has no probe core of its own but a dp-10 attached. The rocket has 3 probes/satellites attached, and one of those probe cores is taking control during delivery (it's not optimal, but I might change that in Mk II of the rocket). When I first try to launch that rocket, I dont have a connection on the launch pad. I have to restart the whole game for it to initialize correctly and give me a connection. What might be the problem here?

Addendum: The 3 probes/sats sit on decoupler ontop of a tri-stack which itself is directly connected to the rest of the rocket, where the dp-10 sits.

I have another problem after decoupling one of those probes in munar orbit. It is linked to several other satellites by dish and omnidirectional connection, the flight computer symbol is green, i can access all actions when right clicking a part, but when i want to do something it says i dont have a connection. I guess that is a bug. How can I work around that to get my sat back online?

Edited by whiteout1911

I'm having a bizarre behaviour, and I'm not sure what mod is causing it. When I try to launch any vessel it acts as if SAS is on, when it isn't, I have to enable SAS and then disable it to allow anything like RT or MJ to be able to control my vessel's attitude. Possible RT is causing that, or some one else here has seen this?

Action Groups Extended and RemoteTech integration.

Good morning all, I'm the dev of Action Groups Extended (which gives you more action groups to use) and RemoteTech integration is one of the most common requests I get.

I have not played with RemoteTech myself and I want to make the behavior of AGX match what remote tech does, so I need to know what happens in the following situations:

1) Vessel A is in contact with a 20 second signal delay. Press 1 to activate AG1. 10 seconds later you lose contact, 10 seconds before AG1 should activate. Does AG1 still activate or is the activation command lost?

2) Vessel A is in contact. 1 is pressed on the Keyboard to activate AG1. A lander (Vessel B) undocks before the activate AG1 signal reaches Vessel A.

Vessel B had an action in group 1. After the undock, if Vessel B has its own antenna and is in control, does the action in group 1 on Vessel B activate when the AG1 command reaches Vessel A since Vessel B was part of Vessel A when the keyboard button was pressed. (If Vessel B is out of control, I assume the action does not activate.)

Note the flight computer is not involved in these scenarios, I know how I am going to implement that functionality.

Thanks for any answers you can give me,

D.

Hi Diazo,

i'm also not sure that's why i've tested your questions with our current preRelease (v1.6.1)

1) Vessel A is in contact with a 20 second signal delay. Press 1 to activate AG1. 10 seconds later you lose contact, 10 seconds before AG1 should activate. Does AG1 still activate or is the activation command lost?

Currently the activation command is not lost. It's not so realistic but i like the idea to cancel this command if you lose contact when signal delay > 0

2) Vessel A is in contact. 1 is pressed on the Keyboard to activate AG1. A lander (Vessel B) undocks before the activate AG1 signal reaches Vessel A.

Vessel B had an action in group 1. After the undock, if Vessel B has its own antenna and is in control, does the action in group 1 on Vessel B activate when the AG1 command reaches Vessel A since Vessel B was part of Vessel A when the keyboard button was pressed. (If Vessel B is out of control, I assume the action does not activate.)

Also not. The Flightcomputer with this command is bound to Vessel A.

Currently the activation command is not lost. It's not so realistic but i like the idea to cancel this command if you lose contact when signal delay > 0

The real problem with this scenario is something I discussed with Starstrider42 last year. If you lose connection to a probe after sending a signal, that doesn't necessarily mean the craft is unable to receive it, but RemoteTech isn't really set up to determine whether that's true or not. For example, if you're sending a signal straight from Mission Control to the craft, then a lost connection could mean something is blocking the craft from you (it went behind a body) or, it could mean that after you sent a signal with 20s delay at 10s you drop below the horizon and lose the signal but the craft is still in open space with nothing in between to block the signal, and thus should receive it. A more complex example is sending a signal along a relay of probes and you lose connection to the craft - but at what point was the connection dropped? If your jumping a signal from MC, to LKO out to Mun and then on to Duna, for example, and you send the signal and then lose contact, perhaps it's only because the Mun satellite went behind Mun but not before it passed along the signal towards Duna, where the craft is still visible to receive it.

I suppose it's a fun vs. realism question.

More real would be dropping the command if the vessel is out of contact when the signal gets there.

More fun would be as long as the command is sent while the vessel is in control, accept the command as valid even if the vessel is out of control by the time it gets there. That is what the UI displays after all, whether a vessel is in control now, not whether a vessel will be in control when the signal arrives.

D.

Uh... I think the real one would be the one you label "fun". Probes doesn't require a confirmation to execute any commands being sent. (Hence why burn-out nozzle always becomes a problem, because one can't be sure whether it's failed or not until the probe initiated a confirmation whether it did or it didn't)

I have a small problem with the Flight Computer. One thing I've really wanted was persistent commands, which we now have. However, when you set a command with delay, T-0 changes a little bit.

Say if I set a command with 10 minutes delay at gametime 1 minute, that command should execute at 11m. If I go back to the space center and then fly the vessel again, the timer changes a little bit - usually 5-20 seconds. I believe this is because the gametime pauses when loading and unloading the vessel, but RemoteTech continues counting so the timers get offset.

Perhaps you can link the delay to the gametime? So by setting the delay, it calculates time remaining based on a time in the future, rather than now + 10 minutes.

I hope that all made sense...

Time continues to move while at the space center.. are you accounting for that? If you spend 20 seconds in the space center, then the clock is going to run down 20 seconds.

(It wasn't always this way, changed in 0.25 or 0.24)

Time continues to move while at the space center.. are you accounting for that? If you spend 20 seconds in the space center, then the clock is going to run down 20 seconds.

(It wasn't always this way, changed in 0.25 or 0.24)

Yea but there was a small issue: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/299

Maybe i'll release our new version today (currently prerelease): https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/build-master-229

I can't change the range of the GigaDish1. All the changes are succesfully added but in the flight screen it still shows the old range.

{
@entryCost = 49000
@cost = 14000
@title = Reflectron GA-53
@manufacturer = Outer Planetarium Industries
@description = This satellite is one of the latest technologies for long range satellites. With a range of 800 Gm, you'll be able to stay in contact in the whole Kerbol system and beyond.
@TechRequired = advScienceTech

@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
{
@Mode1DishRange = 800000000000
@EnergyCost = 6.00
@DishAngle = 0.005
}
}
$PART[RTGigaDish1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FINAL

2ntwthd.jpg

What is wrong?