[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I've been using RT 1.5.1 (and now 1.5.2) since KSP 0.90 came out with no issues.

I have started cutting down on the number of craft that link across SoI borders. For instance, I really only need 2 sats at Minimus which link to 2 sats at Kerbin. After that, the mix of Comm-16 and Comm-32 relay things around the back side of the planetoids. I can't do anything about the mess around Kerbin other then cleaning up old sats that are really no longer needed.

Hi @all

Novapunch will be added for our feature release v1.6

I have a feature request: For manned vessels, it would be nice if there was a way to tell when I have a connection without to KSC going to the map. Perhaps instead of "Local Control" it could read "Local Ctrl - Connected" or the icon color might be yellow and green striped (yellow for local control, green for the KSC data connection).

Love this mod. It's one of my absolute must-haves.

I'll add this to our feature list for v1.6.

Hi all.

I've got 3 questions:

- how can I remove the small red circle for the ground stations from the map screen, or at least make it invisible on the far side of the planet? I have lots of Ground Stations (with the Kerbinside mod) and it looks weird.

We've added this feature to 1.6 look here: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/241

btw. thanks for the other people to help me out here on this forum. I'm not often here to read all your comments.

I'm at odds with this MaxQ implementation... on one hand, it's great to not be able to extend the stock antennas in the atmosphere... but on the other hand, it doesn't implement too well with FAR and other mods... for example in Lack's SXT pack, there is a really aerodynamic antenna based off Sputnik 1, however it breaks just as easily in the atmosphere as the stock antenna (because it literally copies the RT config), despite being more aerodynamic than the default atmospheric antenna in this pack. I propose a better implementation of the MaxQ when FAR is installed (ie let FAR handle it), because arbitrary values in a config file are kind of boring... I mean, it's great for stock where nothing of the sorts happens... but FAR already deals with MaxQ in a much more realistic manner...

Is there a config for additional tracking stations like when using RSS... without using RSS?

You can edit in as many ground stations as you please. Simply edit the GameData\RemoteTech\RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file.

Alternatively, you can install Kerbinside and then manually paste the code found here: click me. Or you can just use that for inspiration.

Question: Is there a handy table/formula/calculator for calculating the altitude required for various dishes antennas' cone to completely cover various celestial bodies? Preferring either table/calculator because I am horrible at math.

It's just simple trigonometry. Can even use an online calculator if you want. To get cone coverage of Kerbin with the KR-7:

Angle: 25 deg

Eq. Radius of Kerbin: 600,000 m

Plugging those values into the formula (minus Kerbin's radius) you get: 2,016 km

It's not 100% precise as a planet has a curved surface, but I quickly tested it and it's very close to 2200 km.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Or that :P

It helps with planning the placement of the satellites and show range, but it doesn't show the cones for dishes. (Or I just have no idea how to use it)

It's just simple trigonometry. Can even use an online calculator if you want. To get cone coverage of Kerbin with the KR-7:

Angle: 25 deg

Eq. Radius of Kerbin: 600,000 m

Plugging those values into the formula (minus Kerbin's radius) you get: 2,016 km

It's not 100% precise as a planet has a curved surface, but I quickly tested it and it's very close to 2200 km.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Or that :P

I prefer to just have a handy reference list to quickly check up the coverage range, like how it has been done for kerbin on the remote tech page. Just need that for different celestial bodies. Of course a calculator that I can just plug in values would be more useful for modded stuff.

I've seen a few people in the last few pages asking for the download link for the 0.90-compatible version of RT.

Hi,

please do not use our pre-release versions like "build-1.6.0-x" these are builds from our feature branche. Here is the new release Version vor KSP 0.90

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.5.2

# Changelog

Version 1.5.2Released December 21, 2014

[h=2]Bug Fixes:[/h]

• Compatible with KSP 0.90
  • Flight computer now holds the orientation to non-root target part
  • Some minor bugfixes

Sorry for my late response.

@Pirke can you please try to reproduce your issue with this version.

That's https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.5.2.

;)

Quick question: I'm in early career mode on vanilla (still have not left Kerbin orbit, put two satellites up there), if I install this mod do I need to start a new game?

No. But those satellites will be dead. You would need a kerbal to go up there and EVA to force open antennas.

first of all, thanks for the mod!

secondly, is there a way to remove that flight computer? it's pissing me off... i've tried to launch a rocket to my station, and that thing kept throwing me error messages, stating that it was out of power (even though i had plenty of charge, both in the station and in the spacecraft), together with these error messages it didn't allow mechjeb to autowarp (timed launch)... it's not the first time this happens, this also happened with a Almaz station i launched a month or two ago... and most part of the time it screws my time-warp for no reason without error messages spawning on my screen

first of all, thanks for the mod!

secondly, is there a way to remove that flight computer? it's pissing me off... i've tried to launch a rocket to my station, and that thing kept throwing me error messages, stating that it was out of power (even though i had plenty of charge, both in the station and in the spacecraft), together with these error messages it didn't allow mechjeb to autowarp (timed launch)... it's not the first time this happens, this also happened with a Almaz station i launched a month or two ago... and most part of the time it screws my time-warp for no reason without error messages spawning on my screen

Can you give me some more informations please. The ksp log and screenshots would help me to find this issue.

I'm not sure if this is the standard behaviour now or if it's just my setup, but are RT antennae supposed to have their extension animation decoupled from whether they're activated or not? It used to be that when I activated the antenna, it would then extend automatically. Now the activation and extension have separate buttons.

I am having an issue when I select "Node" or "Kill" the ship just starts spinning around the longitudinal axis. Also, if I do press "Exec" to execute the node I get the message that the signal delay is to high to transmit the command?!? To high? I am literally 100km above the ksc! What is the signal delay to there a picosecond? I have stripped all mods but rt2 and it just keeps with the same bazaar behavior. What could be the cause?

I have banged my head on this for over 4 hours now and I am really frustrated. If anyone could give me a possible cause and solution I'd appreciate it. I would be happy to provide my craft file and even make a camtasia video of the issue if it would help. RT2 is completely useless to me if I cannot resolve this issue.

Edited by ctbram

I am having an issue when I select "Node" or "Kill" the ship just starts spinning around the longitudinal axis. Also, if I do press "Exec" to execute the node I get the message that the signal delay is to high to transmit the command?!? To high? I am literally 100km above the ksc! What is the signal delay to there a picosecond? I have stripped all mods but rt2 and it just keeps with the same bazaar behavior. What could be the cause?

I have banged my head on this for over 4 hours now and I am really frustrated. If anyone could give me a possible cause and solution I'd appreciate it. I would be happy to provide my craft file and even make a camtasia video of the issue if it would help. RT2 is completely useless to me if I cannot resolve this issue.

okay this appears to be a mod conflict after all. I went and cooled off a bit came back and then just rolled back to vanilla and added only RT2. when I use the flight computer and "node" it points to the node properly and does not do the spin around the longitudinal axis.

My next steps will be to roll my mods back in binary fashion until I find the one causing the problem. I will focus on mech jeb and mechjebandengineerforall.cfg first. When I find the culprit I will post so that others don't have to go through this hell.

okay this appears to be a mod conflict after all. I went and cooled off a bit came back and then just rolled back to vanilla and added only RT2. when I use the flight computer and "node" it points to the node properly and does not do the spin around the longitudinal axis.

Do you have FAR installed? Its assistive flight modes will "fight" RemoteTech's flight computer if they're enabled.

Hey guys, sorry if this has an easy answer or has been addressed before! I have a linking problem with a ship since I updated to v1.5.2. I have a lander with an antenna that won't link with a nearby station with a dish pointed at Kerbin and two active antennae. The station is connected to KSC, but I can't upload any data to KSC from the lander without docking first. Any ideas? I believe everything was working before I updated, but I'm not 100% on that. Thanks so much!

R5TpsNf.png

Zm2pom8.png

gYzXeuL.png

First pic don't see a probecore on the craft and 2nd pic can't tell if you have line of sight but also looks like you made it with out the probecore and attached one to a docking port but all in there looks like you have a problem why is the one icon all white do you have errors in your log ?

EDIT- your connotation, I would bet should show red and looks like you have control all the time.