[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

dtobi -- I managed to reproduce the bug with KM special parts that use TweakScale in career mode. This same problem doesn't happen in sandbox mode and doesn't happen with Squad parts that use TweakScale.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new career save.
  2. Create a simple craft consisting of a pod and a KM shroud (any type)
  3. Launch, then exit to space center and exit the game. It's important that you actually restart the game, not just exit out to the space center or title screen.
  4. Re-open KSP, open the save.
  5. Go to the craft on the launch pad. Craft is now broken.

Full logs are available here, relevant portion excerpted below.

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Target vessel index: 2 vessel count: 3

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ----------------------

setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Reference Frame: Rotating

[TweakScale Warning] No SCALETYPE with name stack

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoVessel.LoadObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Km attachment tweaker is running!!!

[TweakScale Warning] No SCALETYPE with name stack

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.7.0.0 (latest)

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.ScaleModList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractsApp.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapView.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks for the tests and the excellent description. Do you have tweakscale installed as stand alone our only with this pack? I wonder if it happens with the tweakscale configs for the stock parts, too?

I'd love to try this out but I am traveling for the next two weeks. Would you mind trying it?

Thanks for the tests and the excellent description. Do you have tweakscale installed as stand alone our only with this pack? I wonder if it happens with the tweakscale configs for the stock parts, too?

I'd love to try this out but I am traveling for the next two weeks. Would you mind trying it?

No problem whatsoever! I wasn't able to replicate the problem with stock or any other parts that use tweakscale. The testing above was in a stripped-down environment containing only stock, TweakScale (from its own thread), ModuleManager and your parts.

Tomorrow I'll try removing 'km_AttachmentSwitcher' and 'km_PartDisabler' to see if that's the problem.

Would it be possible to use the wet workshop parts to make other things besides crew storage? Like command pods and labs?

EDIT:Also like when I discovered your radio smart part you are my hero :D

I was thinking about labs and crewed experiments, too. To be honest, it depends a bit on the feedback I get if I invest the time. I could also move on with asteroid cities or SSE instead.

Well I'll certainly be trying this out and hope it sees updates or at least the ability to turn tanks into command pods it would be perfect for the after the fact spent upper stage debris recycling that I prefer to do over playing it safe until I can slap docking ports onto everything. Nothing says kerbal like a scrap rocket or slapped together from spare parts that were hanging around in orbit :wink:

dtobi -- I've determined that the career mode problem is yet again the 'techRequired' attribute in TweakScale. Any part with unlockable scales is bugged, not just your parts. I've posted a bug report in the TweakScale thread.

The following MM CFG will work around the bug

// Deletes per scale tech requirements from parts using TweakScale. Tech requirements are bugged as of 1.37 -- somnambulist

@PART[km_*]:HAS[~TechRequired[]]:Final
{
TechRequired=start
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[TweakScale]]
{
@MODULE[TweakScale]
{
!techRequired = delete
}
}

Edited by somnambulist
Less greedy matching

Strong verdict. Could it be that you are doing it wrong?

Try using a end plate below the croc. The end plate gives you the missing attachment point.

Yeah, my bad - I didn't look into end plate description. Sorry about that.

Your parts allow some nice feats - like this Atlas:

bZKzlW3.jpg

somnambulist, when you say "broken," do you by chance mean "half missing, along with Kerbin and the rest of the universe, whilst endlessly spamming the log with errors?"

Exactly that: Tweak Scale, Destroyer of Worlds. On the plus side the newest version of TweakScale includes a bug fix for this problem. I didn't get much time to play with it but a quick test seems to indicate the problem has been fixed.

Wait a sec, how'd you do that?? Where's the decoupler go? How can the engine fire thru it?

VuzlBHt.jpg

The basic idea is that end cap have two nodes on top (or bottom, in this case) - one is used for engine and fuel tank, second is for decoupler (note: do not decouple it with boosters assembly, it will not detach properly).

http://i.imgur.com/VuzlBHt.jpg

The basic idea is that end cap have two nodes on top (or bottom, in this case) - one is used for engine and fuel tank, second is for decoupler (note: do not decouple it with boosters assembly, it will not detach properly).

Still not quite getting it... Is that a nova punch decoupled? How does it cross feed fuel to the engine?

Still not quite getting it... Is that a nova punch decoupled? How does it cross feed fuel to the engine?

Yes, that's NP parts. Fuel ducts run from main tank to radial decouplers.

Here's the craft file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-l1kSh8cSSAZ1B6aWZvak1oSkk/edit?usp=sharing

You need KM Special and NovaPunch 2.06. Root part is HH-250-C; replace two small top tanks with HH-250-B to create 2.5m variant (good for satellites). Replace 1.25-2.5 tank with Poodle and HH-250-A to create Atlas-Centaur (can be tricky to fly - 1st stage is somewhat underpowered for this)

Built for FAR\NEAR. I didn't test it with stock aerodynamics, but it should be able to put small payloads (1.25m Mercury-like craft, Agena, light satellites) into low orbit. With NEAR, you might even try KSO.

Usage (FAR\NEAR): start gravity turn at around 1.2km, drop boosters when speed indicator switches from surface to orbit (at around 1100 m\s). Then just cruise to orbit.

Oh, and do not use radial decouplers as decouplers (you may note that they staged after booster assembly) - they're just holding engines; drop them with booster assembly.

Edited by biohazard15

I tried out the wet workshops parts and they seem to be fine.

One issue I did find and I'm not sure if anything can stop it, is that textures from below often appear through the windows and doors.

I think this is more to do with the part maker for the fuel tanks not getting their textures/normal maps close enough to the collision mesh, but I thought I would report it.

ld6bunN.png

Exactly that: Tweak Scale, Destroyer of Worlds. On the plus side the newest version of TweakScale includes a bug fix for this problem. I didn't get much time to play with it but a quick test seems to indicate the problem has been fixed.

Just tried that myself with the new TweakScale and it does seem to work, I was finally able to save a ship on a suborbital path I couldn't even load before... But the log was spamming errors in kmlib.dll. Tried emailing myself the logs + screenshot before I left home to post but doesn't look like they went thru.

Just tried that myself with the new TweakScale and it does seem to work, I was finally able to save a ship on a suborbital path I couldn't even load before... But the log was spamming errors in kmlib.dll. Tried emailing myself the logs + screenshot before I left home to post but doesn't look like they went thru.

OK here's the shot... who wants the logs?

TB5WSNM.png

One issue I did find and I'm not sure if anything can stop it, is that textures from below often appear through the windows and doors.

I think this is more to do with the part maker for the fuel tanks not getting their textures/normal maps close enough to the collision mesh, but I thought I would report it.

http://i.imgur.com/ld6bunN.png

Yes, that happens if the collision mesh and the visual mesh are different.

Try moving your mouse a bit right and left when placing the door. Often this makes the part come out a bit.

Did you install the latest special parts version? It should get rid of the km_lib linking dependency alltogether.

Can't analyze this now because I am on vacation without my PC.

Yes, that's what fixed the big bug. Could it be from SmartParts or the shuttle engines then? I didn't update those...

Yes, that's what fixed the big bug. Could it be from SmartParts or the shuttle engines then? I didn't update those...

I also removed the linking for SSE and Firov removed it for SmartParts. There are new versions (2.1) in the Dropbox for these. These should fix any linking problems. Km_lib is still required but it only provided independent part modules. No linking weirdness.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/ld6bunN.png

BTW: freaky looking ship. What is it good for?

I also removed the linking for SSE and Firov removed it for SmartParts. There are new versions (2.1) in the Dropbox for these. These should fix any linking problems. Km_lib is still required but it only provided independent part modules. No linking weirdness.

ah, ok, didn't see an update on the relevant pages when I looked. I'll update those tonight and see how it goes. Ridiculously useful set of parts by the way, they're finding their way into everything I make now!

im guessing a heavy duty lander for Duna or maybe Laythe.

I'm trying to make one of these for Duna. The mid section is the crocodile fairing filled with TAC life support, supply parts, RTGs etc. The top section flies off to return the crew to orbit.

I don't know what it is called, I've seen very similar art work on the internet. So it may be based on a proposed lander concept idea, but I just don't know.

ljdTzke.jpg

I'm trying to make one of these for Duna. The mid section is the crocodile fairing filled with TAC life support, supply parts, RTGs etc. The top section flies off to return the crew to orbit.

I don't know what it is called, I've seen very similar art work on the internet. So it may be based on a proposed lander concept idea, but I just don't know.

http://i.imgur.com/ljdTzke.jpg

isn't that suppose to be the ERV (Earth Return Vehicle)?

I had the same problem as CatastrophicFailure after updating to 2.1 using the archives provided in the Dropbox.

Since reinstalling didn't help I tried it with the 2.0.2 by Firov instead of the version 2.1 from the Dropbox. This seems to have solved the problem but it may require further observation as I have only tested it with the Timer SmartPart for now.

I hope this helps.

Edited by The Mechanic
The name is Firov, with a capital "F".