[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

Reminds me, I updated everything to 2.1 and I'm still getting the error spamming the log. Doesn't appear to actually be causing any trouble, but still can't be good.

--EDIT--

strike that, reverse it... Smart parts seem to be broke with 2.1... Alt trigger not working... More testing needed...

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Indeed. Before going back to 2.0.2 I was unable to start the timer. With SmartParts 2.0.2 - which also is not dependant on the km_lib.dll and is the latest version by Firov -, SSE 2.1 and SpecialParts 2.1 I'm not getting any errors in the debug console.

So far it works. Might be that something between 2.0.2 and 2.1 did go wrong?

Edit: The altimeter part as well as the fuel-thingy work as well with 2.0.2. No error messages occurred in the debug console.

Edited by The Mechanic

dtobi -

CFGs for both multiadapters are missing the closing braces. Anyone who wants to fix their own install until dtobi is back from holiday, open 'ma0.cfg' and 'ma1.cfg' and add a '}' at the end of each file.

Edit: There's also duplicate of these in SSEs.

Edited by somnambulist
Duplicate parts found

I got a very annoying problem on a wet workshop I was sending to the Mün.

At launch, the CoM shifted rather far down, and the problem became more apparent as I staged. It ended up (according to the persistence file) some 670 metres away from the root of the vessel. This meant it was difficult to accurately manoeuvre (like it was on the long end of a bendy stick, with wild perturbation in orbit if I rotated) presumably due to rounding errors on what KSP though was a very long ship, couldn't land because I couldn't get a camera angle, and had a devil of a time getting a rendezvous because the navball was lying to me!

I can recentre the camera by warping or returning from the tracking station, but it shoots off centre again when physics kicks in (as I had Joint Reinforcement installed, it would do it in stages thanks to physics easing).

I abandoned it in Münar orbit after a several hour long rendezvous session, stripping it of fuel and KAS parts (also bugged!), added a probe core in the process, and will drain it of fuel to determine if converting it to living space fixes the problem.

I do like the concept - making supplies KAS grabbable (a direct fit for the storage rack perhaps?) fits the ethos of the mod. Making the hatch grabbable and attachable would be awesome - allowing retrofitting of debris with later missions.

VESSEL
{
pid = 83c34ccc3e1a40f9a1b971f0742038ff
name = Munbase Beta - Wet Workshop
type = Ship
sit = ORBITING
landed = False
landedAt =
splashed = False
met = 222408.745390184
lct = 1194955.9571678
root = 0
lat = -1.42170126641326
lon = -41.010047419978
alt = 115490.072458925
hgt = -1
nrm = 0.08771238,0.08134384,-0.9928191
rot = 0.04101156,0.3732034,0.03644849,-0.9261257
CoM = -470.8539,110.7243,-54.97674
stg = 1
prst = False
ref = 0
ctrl = True
cPch =
cHdg =
cMod = 0

Edited by colmo

I got a very annoying problem on a wet workshop I was sending to the Mün.

At launch, the CoM shifted rather far down, and the problem became more apparent as I staged. It ended up (according to the persistence file) some 670 metres away from the root of the vessel. This meant it was difficult to accurately manoeuvre (like it was on the long end of a bendy stick, with wild perturbation in orbit if I rotated) presumably due to rounding errors on what KSP though was a very long ship, couldn't land because I couldn't get a camera angle, and had a devil of a time getting a rendezvous because the navball was lying to me!

I can recentre the camera by warping or returning from the tracking station, but it shoots off centre again when physics kicks in (as I had Joint Reinforcement installed, it would do it in stages thanks to physics easing).

I abandoned it in Münar orbit after a several hour long rendezvous session, stripping it of fuel and KAS parts (also bugged!), added a probe core in the process, and will drain it of fuel to determine if converting it to living space fixes the problem.

I do like the concept - making supplies KAS grabbable (a direct fit for the storage rack perhaps?) fits the ethos of the mod. Making the hatch grabbable and attachable would be awesome - allowing retrofitting of debris with later missions.

VESSEL
{
pid = 83c34ccc3e1a40f9a1b971f0742038ff
name = Munbase Beta - Wet Workshop
type = Ship
sit = ORBITING
landed = False
landedAt =
splashed = False
met = 222408.745390184
lct = 1194955.9571678
root = 0
lat = -1.42170126641326
lon = -41.010047419978
alt = 115490.072458925
hgt = -1
nrm = 0.08771238,0.08134384,-0.9928191
rot = 0.04101156,0.3732034,0.03644849,-0.9261257
CoM = -470.8539,110.7243,-54.97674
stg = 1
prst = False
ref = 0
ctrl = True
cPch =
cHdg =
cMod = 0

I just uploaded a 2.1.1 would you try with your ship (you may have to launch anew, I fear). I removed a non-functional component from the windows. It fixed the problem for me. Any feedback is appreciated!

Edit: your edited craft may work nonetheless.

Edited by dtobi

The Alligator Fairings don't work for me.

They should be used with an end cap at the bottom to hold your stuff, and remember that they cant open if something is attached to the top node, whatever you have attached there has to be separated first.

How lens works?

The lens is a science experiment, just like the materials bay or the goo. You dont have to use it in some special way (like a real lens) but it makes for some good roleplay elements.

I just uploaded a 2.1.1 would you try with your ship (you may have to launch anew, I fear). I removed a non-functional component from the windows. It fixed the problem for me. Any feedback is appreciated!

Edit: your edited craft may work nonetheless.

Why not fix broken stuff thats been reported ? Multi Adapter ma1.cfg ma0.cfg In the special parts is missing } in the end.

Why not fix broken stuff thats been reported ? Multi Adapter ma1.cfg ma0.cfg In the special parts is missing } in the end.

This should be fixed already. The multi adapters have been removed from the special parts mod and the multi adapters in SSE should be fixed now.

Oh boy. I just discovered a bug when reloading a wet workshop base. The fuel tank for the WW seems to be scaled down for some reason. Weird. I need to sort this out, too.

Oh boy. I just discovered a bug when reloading a wet workshop base. The fuel tank for the WW seems to be scaled down for some reason. Weird. I need to sort this out, too.

Hmmm... not a Klockheed Martian Bug.... weird thing. Iv you use part scaling (just like KW Rocketry does) and if you attach radial things to your base part, the base part is not scaled properly after a reload. Shouldn't be a problem to avoid this. Just make sure you chose a part as base part that is either STOCK or that you do not intend to attach things radially to. I know that it is tempting to just pick a large KW Rocketry tank and to attach Wet workshop parts to it. Just make sure you don't use the large tank as base (first) part.

This should be fixed already. The multi adapters have been removed from the special parts mod and the multi adapters in SSE should be fixed now.

no they are still there, Looking at the zip from dropbox. and the SSE multi's are still broken

no they are still there, Looking at the zip from dropbox. and the SSE multi's are still broken

The strangest things happen. I see that its not in the latest version although I had fixed it. I'll reupload in a minute. Seems that I messed something up. Sorry.

The strangest things happen. I see that its not in the latest version although I had fixed it. I'll reupload in a minute. Seems that I messed something up. Sorry.

Np, stuff happens ^^.

Np, stuff happens ^^.

It should be okay now (fingers crossed). I uploaded new SSE and Smart parts versions (including a new base plugin pack). I also worked on the wet workshop parts a bit. The doors and windows have now lights that go on when a tank was converted.

It should be okay now (fingers crossed). I uploaded new SSE and Smart parts versions (including a new base plugin pack). I also worked on the wet workshop parts a bit. The doors and windows have now lights that go on when a tank was converted.

\o/Looks like its all in order, Nice.

This is so sient these days. Is anyone still using it? I try to assess if it is worth to continue with this pack or if I should rather call it complete and move it to releases.

I use it constantly! But now something's gone screwy. I updated Tweakscale and now it (Tweakscale) doesn't seem to work at all. When this happened before I tried rolling back to the Tweakscale dll's in 2.1.1 and that fixed it, but doesn't seem to be working this time. Says it can't find something in the editor. PM me an email and I'll send you the logs, gonna try a couple more fixes...

This is so sient these days. Is anyone still using it? I try to assess if it is worth to continue with this pack or if I should rather call it complete and move it to releases.

I'm using your plugin(s) for the built-in inflation collar on my Service Module System's heat shield.

Edited by sumghai
Gramma

I am trouble shooting a problem that is locking up my ksp load when this part of KM is in the build. If i remove it, all loads. If it is there, load stops and gets stuck.

I have cleared out all KM and have downloaded again... I am just guessing, but it seems to have something to do with tweakscale.. but that is a guess at this time. If i continue to have problems I will create full bug report and upload dump files.

EDIT: The lockup problem is with SmartParts, not SpecialParts. Heading over to that forum...

Edited by drtedastro

I definitely think it merits a post in the release forum. There's so much awesomeness here!