[WIP][0.23.5] AlternativeTextureLoader 0.1.4 | Temporarily suspended

NasenSpray

Is it correct that the link to the source in the OP is linking to 0.1, but the current download is 0.1.4? Please provide the source to the latest version.

Exactly how much do I need to provide? Am I forced to include the source code of external depedencies like the native dll?

Exactly how much do I need to provide? Am I forced to include the source code of external depedencies like the native dll?

You need to provide source code to everything that you did. So if there's a native DLL that's part of your plugin in some way, then yes, you need to provide source code to that.

But that's not quite what I was talking about. I was under the impression that the source code you provided is older than the current binary version.

Yes, that is the same impression I get, like sourcecode was provided only for version 0.1. And downloading that, the impression seems confirmed.

Nasenspray, the rules (Community rule 5.2, and Plugin posting rules) are that sourcecode has to be provided for all plugins you upload to this forum and other Squad sites. This is a security measure to protect users, it can't be allowed to let unsourced plugins in the wild. If you keep 3 different versions linked, sourcecode must be found for them all. Removing links until this is corrected.

Ugh, please do note that I don't have anything to do with recent moderator actions in this thread :)

Nevermind, I expected that to happen after you told me about my oversight :D

Yes, that is the same impression I get, like sourcecode was provided only for version 0.1. And downloading that, the impression seems confirmed.

Nasenspray, the rules (Community rule 5.2, and Plugin posting rules) are that sourcecode has to be provided for all plugins you upload to this forum and other Squad sites. This is a security measure to protect users, it can't be allowed to let unsourced plugins in the wild. If you keep 3 different versions linked, sourcecode must be found for them all. Removing links until this is corrected.

• Yes, it's only the source code of 0.1.
  • Whom should I contact regarding questions to those rules? I originally planned to use helper libraries developed at my job that I'm only allowed to use/distribute statically linked/in binary form in non-commercial projects.
    As it stands, your interpretation of the rules seems to prohibit that, right?

• Yes, it's only the source code of 0.1.
  • Whom should I contact regarding questions to those rules? I originally planned to use helper libraries developed at my job that I'm only allowed to use/distribute statically linked/in binary form in non-commercial projects.
    As it stands, your interpretation of the rules seems to prohibit that, right?

Would recommend to contact DYJ about those rules.

Your case seems similar to others we had on the forum. Indeed prohibited by the rules. Any chance a trimmed version of those libraries could be published instead?

I completely understand that you don't like mod-specific overrides, but that is the only way I can see to allow for the end user to ensure compatibility with their other texture-based mods without forcing them to wait for each update of your mod to address the issue. Endgame plan is, of course, to make it work with the other mods, but unless you plan to update this mod every time a new innovation in modding is performed, or updated, or broken by KSP updates, for the rest of eternity... well, you get the picture. Providing an option to override the default activity of the mod for that "just in case" situation is a good way to ensure that your mod will continue to work even if you meet an untimely end on your way to the bathroom tomorrow morning when an alien invasion causes a satellite to de-orbit and pulverize you to death with a space-toilet.

Too much? yeah, maybe... my brain is weird that way.

EDIT: What happened? We were getting along so well and now it's dead silent in here...

Edited by Gaalidas

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, with x64 and LoD I'm getting a much better experience both in loading times and running performance than I was getting with this. The only thing I sorta miss about this was the fact that it told you how long your loading time was so you could see the difference.

Oh well.

Honestly, with x64 and LoD I'm getting a much better experience both in loading times and running performance than I was getting with this. The only thing I sorta miss about this was the fact that it told you how long your loading time was so you could see the difference.

Oh well.

actually i have an old copy of it (first version sadly, not 1.4) and it works too

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.