[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Does anyone know why the 1/2 RCS Block and 1/4 RCS Block are huge? I've looked around and I cant find the config file for scaling these things, can anyone help?

That is fixed in the most recent version

Does anyone know why the 1/2 RCS Block and 1/4 RCS Block are huge? I've looked around and I cant find the config file for scaling these things, can anyone help?
That is fixed in the most recent version

YEP. This wouldn't be an issue if you read the OP and followed the directions. That issue was resolved in the ALPHA 9 release.

@ninjaweasel: and @Ophiuchus: and @EVERYONE!: Alright everybody, I have a working method which produces awesome results (as long as other specifications like max thrust and what not are correct) SO all I need are pictures of thrust curves, time based is the usual, I can work around something else just as easy. PLEASE everybody link images of thrust curves for me, sometimes THAT's the hard work is just the research for that, here I will rely on everybody as my team!

Seriously guys, stop trying to come up with them. I have a program now that automatically gathers data points from a curve with minimal effort (no guessing now), and then exports that data to an excel sheet which calculates fuel burn and creates the fuel remaining vs. thrust curve. The results as I said (as long as other key info is right) makes a curve that is data generated with no guesswork, and testing and matches the curve every second of flight. Don't believe me get the UA1205 curve and you can literally follow your flight and watch your thrust vs time perfectly match that on paper. It's giggle fantastic.

Awesome!

As Ophiuchus said, The other work was supportive/interim. Anything I find, I'll post for you, although it looks like he got an earlier start than me today and has already fed you a bunch of great data!

An antenna in RT2 represents both the physical wire extension and the transmitting/receiving equipment. Antennas (NOT dishes) stack because more antenna area, and larger/more powerful transmitter (represented as combination of small ones) leads to more range.

Hey Red,

Seeing a new bug with the LazTek capsules since updating to the new Git Repo. The animations for the pods (gear and hatches) are automatically opening, while they still have doors in the original closed position, they have a second door in the open position as well. Looks a bit like there are two capsules on top of one another, as you can still right click and select those animations to fire and they then appear normal. Closing them however, you still have the initial 2nd set of legs and door in the open position.

Edit: Ignore this, I believe I forgot that I exported from the original files directly into the individual folders because I'm using part catalog, so I am getting doubles.

Edit x2: Confirmed I'm an idiot, just forgot those files were residing in the LazTek parent file so had doubles by putting in a whole new RO folder.

Edited by Midanthrope

Are you supposed to empty part of the RP-1/LOX from the Falcon v1.1 tanks when using the Dragon v2? Thanks!

Also, the FASA Apollo CSM parts (aside from the docking port and parachutes) aren't receiving the RO patches. Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l726k98roeupyty/output_log.txt

Using an RO version from GitHub, downloaded this morning. RSS version is the latest version from GitHub (not sure if I should be using this with RO? OP says 7.1 but I wanted to try out the new changes)

I've followed the troubleshooting instructions and I even had a look at the log myself, thought I'm not very good at analyzing them. :)

Edited by Woopert

Hey Red,

Seeing a new bug with the LazTek capsules since updating to the new Git Repo. The animations for the pods (gear and hatches) are automatically opening, while they still have doors in the original closed position, they have a second door in the open position as well. Looks a bit like there are two capsules on top of one another, as you can still right click and select those animations to fire and they then appear normal. Closing them however, you still have the initial 2nd set of legs and door in the open position.

Edit: Ignore this, I believe I forgot that I exported from the original files directly into the individual folders because I'm using part catalog, so I am getting doubles.

Edit x2: Confirmed I'm an idiot, just forgot those files were residing in the LazTek parent file so had doubles by putting in a whole new RO folder.

I won't look then:) Getting some progress done on ensuring things are updated for the new stuff. I'll soon be starting on the RedAV8R folder finally (that includes LazTek).

Are you supposed to empty part of the RP-1/LOX from the Falcon v1.1 tanks when using the Dragon v2? Thanks!

Why would you???

FASA Apollo, yep, good chance of it. At this time ONLY configs in the MAIN RO folder are guaranteed to work. I simply haven't gotten to things in the RedAV8R folder or the REWORK folder.

As for GitHub...sure it has the latest, and when it comes to RO things since they are all individual MM patches, not such a big deal. Otherwise follow directions, if my OP page says v7.1 AND the RSS page OP has the official release says v7.1, then I'd use the official release.

Edited by RedAV8R

Hi,

short question: Is there any known problem with Mechjebs TWR calculations?

My Rockets have TWRs way over 1 and still fall to the ground and after burning a good amount of time they start lifting. o_O

I dont use RFTS and only fully supported Parts according to the first post.

Greetings

Ben

I was emptying fuel because it had a TWR below 1 prior to launch. I think there's a problem with another plug-in. I'll provide a modlist, as for logs, you can use the same one I provided.

blizzy78 Toolbar
Aerojet Kerbodyne
AIES Aerospace
AJE
AnimatedDecouplers (required by SDHI)
ALCOR
B9 Aerospace
BahamutoD Constellation Essentials
BahaSP Plug-in
blackheart612 Textures
Soviet Engines
Environmental Visual Enhancements Overhaul 9-2
ExsurgentEngineering Plug-in
FASA
FAR
Porkjet Habitat Pack
RasterPropMonitor
KAS with 64 bit patch
KJR
KerbX
KineTechAnimation
KM Gimbal
KM Special Parts (required by SDHI)
KM Space Shuttle Engines
KOSMOS
KW Rocketry
LazTek Launch and Exploration packs
Lovad (H-IIB and Kyoko parts)
MechJeb2 2.3.1
ModStatistics (disabled)
ModuleRCSFX
Docking Port Alignment Indicator
Near Future Solar
Nothke 6S SerCom
NovaPunch2
PartAngleDisplay
PartCatalog
Procedural Dynamics
Procedural Fairings
Procedural Parts
Taurus HCV
RCS Build Aid
RealChute
Real Fuels
Realism Overhaul
Real Solar System GitHub (will switch back to 7.1)
RemoteTech2 with ground stations config
ResGen plug-in
RLA Electric Engines
RLA Stockalike
SDHI
SelectRoot
Sam Hall Mk2 IVA
TouhouTorpedo Mk3 IVA
SmokeScreen
Stretchy SNT Textures
TextureReplacer
TAC Life Support #4
Kerbal Alarm Clock
TweakScale
B9 0.24 fixes
Modulefixer
ModuleManager 2.2.1

Edited by Woopert

Hi,

short question: Is there any known problem with Mechjebs TWR calculations?

My Rockets have TWRs way over 1 and still fall to the ground and after burning a good amount of time they start lifting. o_O

I dont use RFTS and only fully supported Parts according to the first post.

Greetings

Ben

MechJeb has this neat little calculation called "SLT". You can find it by clicking ALL STATS on the DeltaV page. Build your rockets using this.

@Woopert: My previous answer applies. I can't guarantee any compatibility at this time with anything on the "Coming Soon" list. This includes everything up to KSP itself crashing.

Edited by RedAV8R

@Woopert: My previous answer applies. I can't guarantee any compatibility at this time with anything on the "Coming Soon" list. This includes everything up to KSP itself crashing.

Well, in rocketry -- you can't really guarantee anything. But you can guarantee that your's and NathanKell's work is awesome. :wink:

Hey guys! The FASA apollo CM is still screwy. I posted a pic a few pages back showing the issue. It also reverted back to using monoprop instead of the realistic nmh etc. I've tried deleting and reinstalling fasa but the apollo cm is still messed up. What's funny is that only the cm, its heat shield are wrong and rcs are wrong. Every other FASA part is ok.

Hey guys! The FASA apollo CM is still screwy. I posted a pic a few pages back showing the issue. It also reverted back to using monoprop instead of the realistic nmh etc. I've tried deleting and reinstalling fasa but the apollo cm is still messed up. What's funny is that only the cm, its heat shield are wrong and rcs are wrong. Every other FASA part is ok.

I'm sure there are multiple things wrong, you just haven't found it yet...As I mentioned 3 posts back, and again a couple posts before that, I haven't gotten that far with updates. In due time. There is also a mention of this on the OP.

I'm sure there are multiple things wrong, you just haven't found it yet...As I mentioned 3 posts back, and again a couple posts before that, I haven't gotten that far with updates. In due time. There is also a mention of this on the OP.

Yup I know. I was just checking to see. I've gone back to an older version of RO (realism overhaul) for now until the CM is tended to. No problems!

Edited by TeeGee

@TeeGee: What is ROS??? Actually an old version of FASA should allow things to work. 4.92 I think was the last the realism pack was updated for.

@Jonnyt21: And exactly what do you want me to fix??? Read the OP, specifically the troubleshooting part. Read, understand, follow directions. THEN speak.

@TeeGee: What is ROS??? Actually an old version of FASA should allow things to work. 4.92 I think was the last the realism pack was updated for.

No the issue was with realism overhaul, not FASA. I went to an older version of it (Realism overhaul) and everything was fixed for me.