[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

I have a problem. This mod upscales everything, including heavy load b9 parts. But it doesnt upscale landing gears so sometimes this looks like this

Without overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/hA287q3.jpg

With overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/YtFYkVs.jpg

But this is not very big problem, the big problem is that after installation of overhaul most b9 fuel tanks and all fuel tanks from KAX and firespitter are designated as "cannot hold resources"

without overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/n88bZXk.jpg

with overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/VFBPzek.jpg

Everybody has this problem, as of yet B9 is not completely supported, there will be an update for it, it's going to take time, there will be an update and it will be huge, just have to wait.

the big problem is that after installation of overhaul most b9 fuel tanks and all fuel tanks from KAX and firespitter are designated as "cannot hold resources"

Delete the TAC life support config file from Real Fuels. It conflicts with RO and causes weird behavior. Removing that .cfg fixes it so you can use the B9 (and other) fuel tanks again. (I had to do this just recently.)

Does RO have its own TAC configs? And there is another issue- this time game breaker for me- with RO everything becomes extremely wobbly- rocket starts to wobble just right after lauch. Struts and KJE with various settings do not help, but this stops if i delete RO.

Does RO have its own TAC configs? And there is another issue- this time game breaker for me- with RO everything becomes extremely wobbly- rocket starts to wobble just right after lauch. Struts and KJE with various settings do not help, but this stops if i delete RO.

1. Yes it does.

2. We need a lot more detail than my rockets are wobbly in order to help you.

based off your admittedly vague description, it might just be strange behavior between the engine gimbal and SAS. I frequently have to hit F to reset SAS to tame an unruly engine gimbal, particularly after I make an adjustment during my gravity turn

What about my RCS problem? Anyone had this peculiar bug?

Logs and save with craft files would likely be best to resolve this.

based off your admittedly vague description, it might just be strange behavior between the engine gimbal and SAS. I frequently have to hit F to reset SAS to tame an unruly engine gimbal, particularly after I make an adjustment during my gravity turn
Don't use SAS with gimbaling engines, or if you plan to use it, decrease the gimbal rate.

Let's not hypothesize what is going on, lets let the user who is having issues come back and explain what is going on in detail.

I ve done more tests- wobbling happens exactly at the point where engine connects with lower stage, as soon as i turn rocket just a bit or reach certain velocity the wobble becomes horrible and rocket falls apart very fast(and it happens on low twr and pressure), i ve very partly managed to deal with it by an insane amount of struts but even this doesnt help very much . SAS problems happen because as i know SAS reacts to rockets wobbling and tries to compensate this, no wobble- no sas problems, just like in my case, because as soon as i delete RO the same rocket designs behave good with SAS on and during manuevers even without any struts( i use KJR and i ve tried deleting it just in case in conflicts some way- didnt help).

If you aren't using FAR (which I assume you are!) make sure you don't turn into high dynamic pressure. "High" is craft dependant. Some can handle a really high load, others fall apart at even small ones.

I ve done more tests- wobbling happens exactly at the point where engine connects with lower stage, as soon as i turn rocket just a bit or reach certain velocity the wobble becomes horrible and rocket falls apart very fast(and it happens on low twr and pressure), i ve very partly managed to deal with it by an insane amount of struts but even this doesnt help very much . SAS problems happen because as i know SAS reacts to rockets wobbling and tries to compensate this, no wobble- no sas problems, just like in my case, because as soon as i delete RO the same rocket designs behave good with SAS on and during manuevers even without any struts( i use KJR and i ve tried deleting it just in case in conflicts some way- didnt help).

giving them as much raw data as you can will make it easier for them to narrow down the issue. Post logs for them

I've done more tests- wobbling happens exactly at the point where engine connects with lower stage

Is this on a very large (eg. > 6 meters) fuel tank? I've been able to solidify those with just a small handful of struts, or even better -- the procedural thrust plae from Procedural Parts. I rotate the camera inside the fuel tank (so I can see the top of the attached thrust plate) and attach 8x symmetry struts to the top of the thrust plate, then flip the camera around and zoom inside the thrust plate so I can see the bottom of the fuel tank. This is where I attach the other end of the struts.

My guess is that the cause of the problem is from Unity physics and KSP not being built for objects of that size/mass, and so it's hitting limitations of the physics solver.

I know what was the cause of my problem! You can't use two kind of thrusters on the same vessel. I had hydrazine thrusters for command pod, and nmh+n2o4 thrusters for service module. Even if you set them like that, they switch to the last chosen kind.

Just had the satisfaction that if fuel is unstable in orbit when it's time for a deorbit burn, RCS can be used to put enough pressure to safely ignite an engine. So proud of myself for realizing that's possible.

Just had the satisfaction that if fuel is unstable in orbit when it's time for a deorbit burn, RCS can be used to put enough pressure to safely ignite an engine. So proud of myself for realizing that's possible.

Welcome to Realism! :)

Even better! I had no ullage motors on my lunar descent module, and RCS was to weak. I thought, "hey let's spin this shit up" i gained enough momentum so the fuel finally settled at the bottom of the tank.

Even better! I had no ullage motors on my lunar descent module, and RCS was to weak. I thought, "hey let's spin this shit up" i gained enough momentum so the fuel finally settled at the bottom of the tank.

RO actually simulates that??

I'd like to thank the forums for not displaying Nathan's post until after I'd written mine. :)

But that explains it -- Engine Ignitor is the one realism mod I'm not ready for yet. I'll consider installing it once I've pulled off a lunar mission and switch over into full Hard Mode (no reverts, no quickloads unless KSP itself glitches, permadeath). But I don't play Hard Mode until I've got the basics down and have done a successful land/return mission and have stumbled through how to get around any weird KSP physics issues that crop up here and there.

I'd like to thank the forums for not displaying Nathan's post until after I'd written mine. :)

But that explains it -- Engine Ignitor is the one realism mod I'm not ready for yet. I'll consider installing it once I've pulled off a lunar mission and switch over into full Hard Mode (no reverts, no quickloads unless KSP itself glitches, permadeath). But I don't play Hard Mode until I've got the basics down and have done a successful land/return mission and have stumbled through how to get around any weird KSP physics issues that crop up here and there.

The trick has three steps:

1) read what's on the screen

2) know what the words on the screen mean/why they're showing up

3) think of a way to change what the screen says

In my case, I thought about it like this

1) Fuel flow reads as "Very Unstable"

2) It's very unstable because this stage uses the LM Ascent engine, which was designed for there to be gravity, and thus pressure

3)I need to simulate gravity to pressurize my fuel so the engine will start. I need to accelerate "up," with the engine being "down"

Morrigi: so it crashed while loading? Are you running Active Texture Management? If not, do so, in aggressive mode. If it still crashes on load, start with a clean install and install mods one at a time until something breaks.