[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Weird. I pulled ATM out because it causes KSP to stop responding during launch, but after adding it back, starting it up, having it lock up, and killing KSP off through task manager, my output log appears fine? like it was loading up in the background?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4t0j1stibpe237/output_log%20%282%29.txt

It's weird because in the past when that happened with ATM, I could let it sit for 20-30 minutes and nothing would change

I am quite drunk at the moment so i'm afraid that didn't make any sense. I'll look again in the morning. All I know is your first log clearly showed KSP crashing due to memory issues.

I'm no expert when it comes to heatshields, but IRL heatshields can handle temperatures up to 2500 degree celcius. On the other hand, these used in RO can handle 1500[?] degree celcius. I would accept this, if they were made from milled steel, but heatshield are made from ceramics that can handle 2000 degrees easily.

Just out of curiosity, does the engine thrust controller file go into the gamedata folder as well or is that supposed to go into the plugins folder? As of right now, I have the engine thrust controller v2 folder in gamedata and I can't tell if its working or not...

And for some reason the life support starts off in the negative values on the launch pad and in the VAB.

Edited by TeeGee

That's actually the least of my worries right now...

I can't even get my rockets to fly straight anymore!! I deleted my old realism game because I was preparing for KSP 0.64 bit, but now that I've been itching for some realism overhaul, I decided to reinstall this mod. And man oh man things are falling apart! I have craft falling through my tanks, engines dont gimbal to keep my thrust flying through the CoM, pods have negative life support values, engines have conflicting stats (I use real engine cfg but apparently I read that it has been made default in ROS, which I am using now).

The 3 kerbal pod has an off centre CoM now... why? If I wanted an off center of mass I would have done it myself with ballast. It's throwing everything off like crazy and I can't keep it flying straight.

I'm not surprised you are having lots of problems in 0.24. RO doesn't support it yet.

WARNING!!! AT THIS TIME REALISM OVERHAUL WORKS WITH KSP 0.23.5 ONLY

WE DO NOT SUPPORT KSP 0.24 AT THIS TIME

WE ARE WORKING ON IT

THERE ARE ALSO DEPENDENCIES WHICH WE RELY UPON THAT HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED EITHER

I'm not surprised you are having lots of problems in 0.24. RO doesn't support it yet.

...I'm using this mod with my older 0.23.5 copy. I made one before KSP got updated.

TeeGee, I've got ETC.dll or whatever it's called in a folder called ETCv2 (name doesn't matter). So far it's only really used on solids, with functionality of RealFuels not required for liquids.

At this point, .23.5 is no longer a concern of mine. I've got enough on my plate making sure it works with 0.24 I'm not going to support both at the same time, or I'd never get anything done. What I can tell you about negative numbers is that somewhere either RF isn't updated (that was a nasty bug) or there is too much volume being called for. Without more data I can't help you, and honestly while I'd love to, I need to focus on the task at hand.

Stuff falling apart, I don't know what to tell you. I've never experienced that with RSS/RO under .23.5, which their joint strengthening really helped in that respect. FWIW, I did have KJR installed, but never changed any values, and even the Saturn V all 10 meter wide of her flew without so much as any noticeable wobbling. Had some heat issues with parts exploding, but that was easily fixed. Off center CoM on a pod at the top of your rocket isn't going to completely screw with things that much.

In the changelog for the latest build there is a line saying something like reaction control system pods updates.

What exactly does it mean?

There were some errors in the RCS pods that either had wrong fuels, or weren't using ModuleRCSFX, etc.

Here soon, actual command pods will have integrated RCS in them for control.

Is there an effort already underway to have realistic costs for parts and fuel? Now that money is a more central game mechanic, I think it would be interesting to have an accurate (or even ballpark estimate) cost for a craft. Google tells me Lox costs ~$0.08 USD per kg and Lh2 $3.60 per kg (in the '80s). http://www.astronautix.com/props/loxlh2.htm

Is there an effort already underway to have realistic costs for parts and fuel? Now that money is a more central game mechanic, I think it would be interesting to have an accurate (or even ballpark estimate) cost for a craft. Google tells me Lox costs ~$0.08 USD per kg and Lh2 $3.60 per kg (in the '80s). http://www.astronautix.com/props/loxlh2.htm

At this time, no there is not. For the most part we have focused more upon Sandbox play. Just getting things to run at all, realistically. At some time, career mode can be worked on, but it is not the priority. To me, for realistic play, worthy of being incorporated there would have to be some sort of dynamic factoring in play when it comes to cost, as inflation and time progresses, technology becomes more advanced, cost for technology is high as cutting edge then decreases only to increase as time goes on, etc. Sure you've got prices in the 80's but doesn't do any good, when it was completely different in the 50's and 60's than it is now in 2014.

Also there's the fact that .24 has serious issues regarding cost: there's no support for per-part costs (so procedural / techlevelable / engine-mode-configable / tweakscalable parts aren't supported) and resources don't add cost to parts, they subtract cost when the tanks aren't full. (???)

The best answer here is "push Squad for a .24.1 that fixes these issues, and the other serious issues"

0.24/64bit version. Any chutes mod working with RO + RSS i get stuck on loading screen when using RealChutes, and the Stock ones don't work. (post on RealChutes topic: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57988-0-24-x-RealChute-Parachute-Systems-bugfixed-v1-2-1-20-07-14/page178#1772) Ty and Regards.

Edited by Rakird

0.24/64bit version. Any chutes mod working with ro + rss i get stuck on loading screen when using realchutes, and the stock ones don't work. (post on realchutes topic: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57988-0-24-x-realchute-parachute-systems-bugfixed-v1-2-1-20-07-14/page178#1772) ty and regards.

READ, COMPREHEND and LEARN.

Your answer is in BIG FREAKING RED LETTERS ON THE OP.

At this time, no there is not. For the most part we have focused more upon Sandbox play. Just getting things to run at all, realistically. At some time, career mode can be worked on, but it is not the priority. To me, for realistic play, worthy of being incorporated there would have to be some sort of dynamic factoring in play when it comes to cost, as inflation and time progresses, technology becomes more advanced, cost for technology is high as cutting edge then decreases only to increase as time goes on, etc. Sure you've got prices in the 80's but doesn't do any good, when it was completely different in the 50's and 60's than it is now in 2014.
Also there's the fact that .24 has serious issues regarding cost: there's no support for per-part costs (so procedural / techlevelable / engine-mode-configable / tweakscalable parts aren't supported) and resources don't add cost to parts, they subtract cost when the tanks aren't full. (???)

The best answer here is "push Squad for a .24.1 that fixes these issues, and the other serious issues"

Yeah, those are both compelling reasons to not worry about it for now.

READ, COMPREHEND and LEARN.

Your answer is in BIG FREAKING RED LETTERS ON THE OP.

I know the 0.24 is not supported, but so far most of stuff is working well enough to play it, i'm just asking if there is any chutes on any mod that i can use, cause i enjoy playing your mod and right now all i need is some working chutes, nor the real chutes or the stock ones work, and i've not installed the MM files as instructed, and why are you always so upset man? You guys did a great mod, is normal that we that like the mod have some questions about it and want to play it.

Edited by Rakird

I know the 0.24 is not supported, but so far most of stuff is working well enough to play it, i'm just asking if there is any chutes on any mod that i can use, cause i enjoy playing your mod and right now all i need is some working chutes, nor the real chutes or the stock ones work, and i've no installed the MM files as instructed, and why are you always so upset man? You guys did a great mod, is normal that we that like the work have some questions about it.

Guess you still don't get it...Remove RO, and wait. RealChutes works fine when you don't bugger it all up with stuff THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE.

Rakird: it's hard enough supporting a mod this big for the version that *is* supported. Now you're asking modders to delay making RO supported in .24...by showing you how to hack around to get it to partially work in .24.

If a modder hasn't mentioned whether their mod is .24 compatible, then it makes sense to ask about how to make it such. If they've explicitly told you it's not, you're not likely to get a helpful (or polite) response by asking them anyway...

I'm new to KSP, and i really like the mods you guys did and for free, for that i respect all your work and dedication just to let us have a better game, i'm sorry if i make it look like a demand, it's not my intention at all, all i asked if there was another chute mod that might work, and asked to the community in general not specifically to the mod developers, cause i'm playing RO+RSS with very few bugs and glitches and right now only chutes are being a killer problem. Ty for the mods and good work guys!

I'm new to KSP, and i really like the mods you guys did and for free, for that i respect all your work and dedication just to let us have a better game, i'm sorry if i make it look like a demand, it's not my intention at all, all i asked if there was another chute mod that might work, and asked to the community in general not specifically to the mod developers, cause i'm playing RO+RSS with very few bugs and glitches and right now only chutes are being a killer problem. Ty for the mods and good work guys!

You entered a thread specifically dedicated to RO by the developers and asked your question. If you wanted to ask the community in general for another chute mod then you very well could have created your very own thread to ask the question. Now, you've gotten your answer not once, not twice, not three, but four times. Two have been implied, the other two quite explicit. Just so there is no confusion...here it is again...REMOVE RealismOverhaul from 0.24 of KSP. Once you do, RealChutes will work JUST FINE. Now go play, and wait for the new release of RO that is built for 0.24 and it's updated dependencies.

Dear RO devs

Realism overhaul is absolutely fantastic, your work is much appreciated.

If practical, once it is running in 0.24, it would be nice to have a list of the associated mods that are also known to be functional.

FWIW, the sandbox version is fine with me. Realism and real scale are hard enough even with unlimited resources.