[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Chaka Monkey was on MY list. Now you can see it on THE list. OP Updated.

Well AK/Taurus has been updated since I last got to it, I haven't gotten back to it to repair. So bad results are not unexpected. Solution... Wait.

Again SDHI is the same way, it needs some attention after all these updates. Haven't made it that far yet. Same solution as before. Wait.

IRL almost every pod, if not every pod has had some form of RCS built in. Here *soon* I will be adding built in RCS to crew pods.

This sounds just GREAT! Thank you for this great piece of work!

What about that TechTree? Sorry, can't read your mind there.

I thought that this TechTree could be something that might work well with RealismOverhaul…

NO!!! Do not change the multiplier of DRE with RSS/RO. Follow the directions on the OP of threads (DO NOTHING), OPs are constantly updated and you can tell by the 'edit date' on the bottom of the post' Use the most current information. Not the 6th post down that was made nearly a year ago. Lots of things change.

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks for making this clear for stupid me!

I'm looking for an RSS rescaled Soyuz/Progress spacecraft mod, if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

BobCat is on the list, but hasn't been done yet.

mecki: yes, RCS is the way to control pretty much anything. :)

I removed the offending part of the sixth post in the RSS thread; it was from nearly a year ago, before Realism Overhaul was created, and vastly obsolete.

Just looking through the new RO parts -- I'm amazed at how much RO has evolved over the six months I've been playing with the mod. Having all the Titan SRB's, Centaur stages, Pyrios boosters -- it's really nice. Thanks to everyone who helped contribute. :)

Also, RedAV8R: where did you find the information on the Pyrios boosters being 18 feet in diameter? I searched all over and couldn't find the dimensions.

I thought that this TechTree could be something that might work well with RealismOverhaul…

That tech tree does not appear to be designed with RSS/RO in mind, which means that when using an engine pack progression will likely be messed up, as well as some other problems. If you are looking for a somewhat functional tech tree for RO, check out RPL by MedievalNerd. The official version is in 23.5, but I believe someone has compiled a version that works with .24.*.

*.24.2 version provided by NathanKell*

You can find RPL HERE

RPL requires RftS engine pack (possible switch to RealEngines) which can be found HERE

The .24 version of RPL can be found HERE

MedievalNerd is no longer able to maintain RPL due to RL stuff. We're looking into making it a joint effort between myself, PJF and Ratzap.

Just looking through the new RO parts -- I'm amazed at how much RO has evolved over the six months I've been playing with the mod. Having all the Titan SRB's, Centaur stages, Pyrios boosters -- it's really nice. Thanks to everyone who helped contribute. :)

Also, RedAV8R: where did you find the information on the Pyrios boosters being 18 feet in diameter? I searched all over and couldn't find the dimensions.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2410/1, that's just one...doing a simple google search of "Pyrios Booster"

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2410/1, that's just one...doing a simple google search of "Pyrios Booster"

That's pretty cool that they're bringing the F1 back. One of the pictures I had to do a double take cause it looked like it was a picture of stock ksp using the new NASA parts and some orange tanks :P

@Woopert: "Dynetics has named their booster Pyrios, after one of the horses that pulled Greek sun god Helios’ chariot. Pyrios would consist of a boattail and aft skirt above two F-1B engines. Above this would be the kerosene fuel tank, an intertank, a liquid oxygen tank, a forward skirt, and a nose cone. Pyrios would have the same attachment points as the SRBs on the Block 1. To reduce cost, the booster tanks and skirts would use Aluminum 2219 friction stir welded into structures 5.5 meters (18 feet) in diameter."

Edited by Jetwave

I don't see a need for it, and in almost more scenarios than not, this actually ISN'T realistic. I don't see any issues with compatibility though, so if you want it, knock yourself out.

Quick question about Kethane:

Will it be able to convert kethane into RealFuels, or will it only produce LF/OX? I assume it only does LF/OX, so has anyone made a config that allows kethane to produce real fuels?

Hi,

I have the following mods installed:

• RealFuels v7.2

• RealismOverhaul v6a8

• ModuleManager 2.2.1

• TweakScale 1.37

• ActionGroupsExtended 1.1.2

• KW Rocketry 2.6c

In some of my KW Rocketry fuel tanks the modul "ModuleFuelTanks" get add twice! Resulting in more then one button for add fuel in game. I can "overload" tanks with double amount of the fuel.

In GameData\RealFuels\ and GameData\RealismOverhaul\ are MM files responsible for this. Any idea which to delete or modify?

KW Rocketry Tanks with the bug:

1mL05.cfg - KW1mtankL0_5 - KW Rocketry SA-05 LFT

2mL05.cfg - KW2mtankL0_5 - KW Rocketry SB-05 LFT

3mL05.cfg - KW3mtankL0_5 - KW Rocketry SC-05 LFT

3mL4.cfg - KW3mtankL4 - KW Rocketry SC-4 LFT

3mL4A.cfg - KW3mtankL4A - KW Rocketry SC-4A LFT

5mL0_5.cfg - KW5mtankL05 - KW Rocketry V-05 LFT

Resulting MM code:

PART
{
module = Part
rescaleFactor = 1.0
scale = 1.25
node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -1.01, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
subcategory = 0
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
mass = 2.12
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
RSSROConfig = true
crashTolerance = 12
maxTemp = 800
breakingForce = 250
breakingTorque = 250
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/KW_Fuel_2mL4A
scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}
MODULE
{
name = GoodspeedPump
}
MODULE
{
name = [B]ModuleFuelTanks[/B]
volume = 36000
type = Default
}
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = RealismOverhaulStackHollow
defaultScale = 2.5
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGExtData
AGXData = Empty
AGXNames = Empty
AGXKeySet = 0
AGXActivated = 0
AGXLoaded = false
AGXGroupStates =
AGXGroupStateNames =
}
MODULE
{
type = Default
volume = 36000
}
}

RealFuels\KW_modularFuelTanks.cfg

@PART[KW2mtankL4]
{
//!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
//!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
//!RESOURCE[XenonGas] {}
MODULE
{
volume = 36000
type = Default
}
}

RealismOverhaul\RO_KW_Fuel.cfg

@PART[KW2mtankL4A]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
%RSSROConfig = true
%crashTolerance = 12
%maxTemp = 800
%breakingForce = 250
%breakingTorque = 250
@MODULE[TweakScale]
{
@type = RealismOverhaulStackHollow
}
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
{
}
MODULE
{
type = Default
volume = 36000
}
}

Edited by Kolago

Something else I realized which I'm also not sure if it's Realism Overhaul or something else:

Using the EADS Astrium EAP-241A (overhaul of a KW booster) the thrust seems to be way too little. I used the engine made for the ariane, payload only was a Mk1-2 pod.

Kerbal Engineer shows TWS of 2.01 (for engine + boosters), on the launchpad I only get around 8 until fuel starts to become less.

Also the boosters don't stop burning. They stop to produce thrust but the animation never stops. On right-click they show some fuel left which will not become less. When I decouple them they will fly away accelerating…

EDIT: I just observed this behavior on the United Technologies UA-1207 as well. The last 15xx units of fuel will only be used as soon as the booster is decoupled. Before that it stopped to produce thrust but the animation (flames) still plays. Also the thrust seemed a little low to me.

EDIT2: The animation won't stop even when the fuel is depleted.

If anyone could confirm if this was RealismOverhaul related or not that would be great!

Thank you

Edited by mecki

Quick question about Kethane:

Will it be able to convert kethane into RealFuels, or will it only produce LF/OX? I assume it only does LF/OX, so has anyone made a config that allows kethane to produce real fuels?

That's a question for RealFuels and not RO...but IIRC RealFuels has Kethane support built in.

Ok, my solution:

Edit "GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_KW_Fuel.cfg" and delete

}
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
{
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
type = Default
volume = 36000
}

in the sections for

• KW1mtankL0_5

• KW2mtankL0_5

• KW2mtankL4A

• KW3mtankL0_5

• KW3mtankL4

• KW3mtankL4A

• KW5mtankL05

Edited by Kolago

Hi

I have an issue with this mod, one that's making the game pretty much unplayable for me.

It seems that the Engine Ignitor mod is creating a lot of lag for me. I also had that problem in 0.23.5, but then I was happy with removing the mod, right now I don't want to do that.

The lag doesn't seem to always be there. When I installed the game, the design I used to test if everything was running smoothly didn't have that problem (or it was just too dead simple for it - it was only a Mk2 with a small fuel tank and the 5x F-1 from KW strapped under). However, another design that was actually supposed to be useful ran at a third of the normal speed.

I followed the troubleshooting steps, kind of - I initially had other issues so I reinstalled (it worked for those issues), but with this issue I haven't reinstalled anything, I cba to download everything for the third time. And, o' lord forgive me for my sins, when I reinstalled, I didn't redownload RSS textures and KWR.

I have all RO mods (essential, very highly recommended, full-complete support) except for Soviet Pack (a working download link could be useful, if anyone cares to talk to BobCat), and Procedural Parts, also I had a couple of other mods, but after I removed those other mods and only left in the RO mods, the problem didn't go away (although some nullReferenceException spam did).

Log files:

Here is the one with a bunch of non-RO mods.

I don't have a log file for the attempt with all the non-RO and RO mods, but no EngineIgnitor. That one has the nullReferenceException spam from the non-RO mods, but the game was almost playable, the slowdown was maybe half of what it was with EngineIgnitor.

Here is the one without the non-RO mods, but with EngineIgnitor.

And here's the rocket I used, just in case it helps somehow. And no, I'm not a bad engineer, I just didn't have KER and since MJ is rubbish for rocket building and Procedural Parts doesn't work, I didn't build it with the intention to reach orbit.

I hope this report was good, but since I wrote it at very late o'clock, it probably isn't. Please tell me where I could improve next time.

Edited by xrayfishx

So I was browsing the add-ons forum and found this mod. It seemed like an interesting mod and adds a little bit of extra drama to a mission, especially if something were to fail at a crucial time (mid-burn). It might need a little bit of balancing to be more realistic with RealEngines, but that can be done relatively easily (just might do it myself). Anyways, just thought I'd share this with you guys.

I started up the craft repository today for anybody wishing to contribute their RO designs for public consumption. My little Deltas are looking lonely there right now!

RO Craft Repository

Awesome!

So I was browsing the add-ons forum and found this mod. It seemed like an interesting mod and adds a little bit of extra drama to a mission, especially if something were to fail at a crucial time (mid-burn). It might need a little bit of balancing to be more realistic with RealEngines, but that can be done relatively easily (just might do it myself). Anyways, just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Might be a nice thing I think!

And one more annoying mod proposal (if it wasn't mentioned earlier):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37138-Wolf-Aerospace-Perfectrons-L-E-S-Pack

Nice LES and separator motors.

I'm actually building a more complex research and reliability system that will be fully compatible with RO. Since i'm an RO player myself :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88187-WIP-TestFlight-A-configurable-extensible-parts-research-and-reliability-system

Edited by Agathorn

@Kolago: Alright KW tanks have been fixed in Git. I'll get a release out tonight hopefully.

@xrayfishx: Point blank...EI is not generating lag for you. I'm going to ask you reinstall and follow the directions EXACTLY (not kinda sorta). Please ONLY install the REQUIRED mods and report back. Thank you.

Edited by RedAV8R