[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Well the problem with that is ground units won't be loaded when controlling the satellite and vice versa. This targeting pod isn't meant for that kind of range anyway.

There would have to be a different way for satellites to get involved. Maybe they can designate gps coordinates or something.

I have a question,

When a cruise missile is fired, and the target will be or is out of physics range, will the cruise missile still pursue or will it fail to continue?

If you're firing from out of phys range, you have to switch to the missile and watch it. Otherwise the missile will unload.

Edited by BahamutoD

I have encountered a weird bug today. Making a battle in space with two teams with the weapon manager A and B teams. 3 vs 3 ships. Everything works fine, every ship uses its guns. But after some quicksave reloads they stopped shooting at each other, except two of them. When I turn on the guard mode, the ships won't switch to their guns, they instead turn the selected weapon off when I switch it manually. It's exactly the same setup, I don't know why. All ranges and ammo is correct and it worked in the beginning. I also restarted the game and PC, nothing helped. Any advice?

Baha can you add a piece of code making all parts explosive when traveling at high speeds? It would be very helpful when making rods from god and other types of custom kinetic weaponry.

Wouldn't that make the ammo explosive as well? Maybe just a specific projectile, like the cannon ammo? Would that not work for your purposes to use that and just make it more explosive and travel at a higher speed with more mass? I tweaked the 105 to blow up the VAB with one shot back in .90

I'm just gathering ideas for an AI tournament and it occurred to me that all AI planes attempt to fly the same way.

There are already manual altitude preferences, might it be possible to have custom preferred engagement range preferences?

The reason is some planes may be best suited to staying at range (BVR) (4 or 5km range), while others want to get up close (WVR) (1 or 2 km).

At the moment, they just get as close as possible - grand if loaded with cannons, not so good if loaded with AMRAAMs. With some planes having a more cagey approach, things might get interestingly cat-and-mouse.

Edited by colmo

The target painter is looking really cool and I can't wait to try it out, just one extra suggestion for it; could there be an option for it to project a visible red beam like the ABL? I always enjoyed doing that in the Lazor mod, adds to that "Locked on" feeling a little. :D

The target painter is looking really cool and I can't wait to try it out, just one extra suggestion for it; could there be an option for it to project a visible red beam like the ABL? I always enjoyed doing that in the Lazor mod, adds to that "Locked on" feeling a little. :D

and give that, "your mine now" feeling.

P.S i love your avatar, circuitry ftw.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Easy with the language, please.

Hello everyone!

I have no idea where to ask about this, so let me leave it here: part with fire animation does not appear to the game (But debug panel tells me the animated turret is loaded). The turret appears in the game only when I remove animation component. Could someone help me with this?

XPVw74b.png

@SnowWhite, you might be best served posting a thread in the modelling sub forum as that's looking like a general part export issue unrelated to BD.

The output from the Unity console at the bottom and an output_log from KSP would be really helpful too.

@SnowWhite, you might be best served posting a thread in the modelling sub forum as that's looking like a general part export issue unrelated to BD.

The output from the Unity console at the bottom and an output_log from KSP would be really helpful too.

Ok, I just thought that the problem is in BD-Armory magic. Next time I'll go to the modelling sub forum, sorry:(

No drama, it's just you'll get more of the people who can probably help looking there :) I may be wrong and there is a BD issue with the part, but that's looking very unlikely.

Wouldn't that make the ammo explosive as well? Maybe just a specific projectile, like the cannon ammo? Would that not work for your purposes to use that and just make it more explosive and travel at a higher speed with more mass? I tweaked the 105 to blow up the VAB with one shot back in .90

I don't think, that BDA projectiles would be affected in any way. But even if they would it propably won't be hard to add some kind of exception. Also I'm not interested in guns, I'm interested in something, that can be customized (by customizing I mean assembling in VAB rather than changing part.cfg flie) and launched from the orbit which automatically excludes guns, since BDA projectiles can't be controlled or even followed to ensure, that it hits the ground without disappearing after crossing physics range (and sorry, but I don't want to set my physics range to 200km, it causes problems at 40km). Maybe tweaked missiles would do better, but it kinda doesn't go along very well with the thing I said about customizing stuff.

AMAZING :0.0: but can you land something on it?

I am working on a way to launch craft from it, but the issue is that having a plane on it messes up the COM so it does not like it. It might be a Heli-Battleship for now.

I am working on a way to launch craft from it, but the issue is that having a plane on it messes up the COM so it does not like it. It might be a Heli-Battleship for now.

Lots and lots of SAS. I have a few VTOLs capable of A-symmetrical lifting. But those payloads need to be light. If you want to lift heavier stuff. Like one of my VTOLs can lift a full orange tank at under 3/4 throttle. Those kinds of loads would really need to be centered under / over your COM. You might be able to launch a VTOL from your hellicarrier? just a thought.

and give that, "your mine now" feeling.

P.S i love your avatar, circuitry ftw.

This one essentially:

Thanks, I saw it and couldn't pass up the opportunity to have both a circuitry joke and a Borg reference in my avatar at once. :D

Working on heat today. Alot of stuff still to do but here's a teaser.

I'll probably make the max off-boresight detection smaller.

I also need to figure out (or would like suggestions) on how to make these HUD elements look in third-person view.

Edited by BahamutoD