[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Well i activate it before, but your method works great. Thank you!

There's nothing separating your vessel from your missile if you activate it before decoupling, so it'll try to steer your plane.

BD can you please help me with the 90 degree turret issue?

What's your 90 degree turret issue?

There's nothing separating your vessel from your missile if you activate it before decoupling, so it'll try to steer your plane.

What's your 90 degree turret issue?

Check your PM I sent the explanation to you

For my spanner's boomsticks port Basically everything works fine when I select an turret and it fires properly but when I switch to another one the one I switched out of rotates 90 degrees on one axis and stays thay way

Also the new missiles im making go backwards which is funny but not very useful also the particles play while in the SPH so I need to know the script to stop that

that and my daisy cutter still wont explode with any force are there maximum values for blast force and radius?

I am unable to fire the Oerkilon Millennium cannon. Help, anyone...? (fixed, see bottom)

So, I built a little artillery piece using the new Millennium cannon.

59732d236b.jpg

When I tried to test it out on some destructible objects (fuel tanks) at KSC, I discovered that it wouldn't fire. I suspected this would be a clearance issue (firing mechanism cutting out if weapon aimed at own vessel).

So, to test my theory, I mashed up a quick firing platform in the SPH and launched that too:

f2483b14ac.jpg

Alas, same issue. The Oerkilon refuses to fire.

There is:

- No clearance issues

- An ample supply of ammunition

As you can see, I tried arming the weapon via the weapon manager to no avail.

I also tried targetting (actually setting it as target, by double-clicking on) another vessel and then firing at it, but it still refused to fire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else having this problem, just check you're using 30mm ammo. I doubt anyone else will have this problem, because I am the most idiotic person on the planet.

Edited by Kill3rCat
Fixed

the oerlikon uses 30mm rounds, not cannon shells :D

Change the ammo and try again...

*groan*...

Thanks. I assumed that since 'Cannon Shells' and the 'Millennium' were added at the same time, one was for the other.

Also, I didn't think that 30mm rounds were quite that powerful... :/

So I recently downloaded the updated BDArmory after reinstalling I tried out the autopilot function and while the planes do take off, one (a modified version of the large steer wing craft) did 3/4's of a loop before nose diving into the ground behind the runway.

The second craft, a home made delta wing fighter/bomber went to the end of the runway but never actually lifted off.

I'm not sure if this is a result of me improperly adjusting the settings but I've tried a few and have had nothing but failures. I am grateful for any help anyone can give and will definitely check out that tutorial once you get it up Bahamut, just wondering if anyone can provide immediate help.

TL;DR: Autopilot isn't flying properly, need help.

Idea: if heatshields can resist tons of damage from turrets, maybe add some armor parts that act like heat shields but with a more reasonable amount of ablative (like 10-25)?

Hi there.

Is there any way i can use the latest update in 0.90?

Unlikely, as the new version contains code specifically aimed at systems that were put in place in 1.0 (namely, the new aerodynamics).

Hi, I installed BDArmory V8 yesterday and everything seems to be working correctly, however I seem to be missing the 20mm and 30mm ammunition boxes. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

So I've been having issues with the autopilot since downloading the mod update. I tried two different aircraft each with a different result, both of which were by all means colossal failures. Any assistance will be appreciated but here's the situation.

Firstly I tried to use my personal Fighter/Bomber craft against a retrofitted SteerWing (the big one) that I sorta just slapped a weapons manager, a few weapons and an AI autopilot manager onto. The results were that once the SteerWing took off from the runway I had stationed it on (using KerbinSide I placed it on the island runway it took off just fine.) It would fly up for a bit, then move into a loop before stopping about 3/4's of the way into the loop (nose pointed straight down) and nose diving into the ocean behind it.

The second test I went, "Okay, maybe a smaller aircraft, I can just try a copy of my fighter." So I fitted an AI module onto my fighter and went ahead and again set it on the runway, this time however, it didn't even bother to go up, it started it's engines and everything, but then it just went in a straight path and dove into the ocean. It's not exactly the best craft for lift or turning but it can certainly take off from an elevated runway like the island or even the space center, the second it's off the ground it's golden going well above supersonic and still being capable of reasonably sharp turns.

I had adjusted the AI module a few times each with similar results to the standard settings for both aircraft, am I not setting it up right or am I just a huge dunce and doing everything wrong that could possibly be done wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help that is given. :wink:

The "Oerlikon Millennium" or MANTIS got an to low Firerate, in every video is visible that it can shoot with 1000shots/min.

Btw the Cal.Munition is wrong, uses 35mm not Cannon Shells

The "Oerlikon Millennium" or MANTIS got an to low Firerate, in every video is visible that it can shoot with 1000shots/min.

It doesn't use cannon shells.

It uses 30mm.

And the 35mm. may arrive in the (near) future. It was omitted due to time constraints (if I recall correctly).

On the first order, yes the Oerlikon Millennium can shoot at 1000 rounds/min. CAN being the operative word. It CAN also shoot at a second, lower rate of fire of 200 rounds/min (Rapid Single Shot). which is how it is in the mod. The reason it shoots at the lower rate in the mod is for balancing reasons, as well as the fact that there are already several other super-fast firing guns in the mod and he really wanted to add a flak gun to the mod.

*Snip*

We are aware of these things, but they are the way they are for a reason.

*Edit: Ninja'd*

This update is fantastic, as always...

Also, the team's database could be very useful for the radar I'm working on.

I have to do some tests

Edited by TheStig

@X07: Maybe there is a mod conflict. You said you use KerbinSide, so remove it temporarily and try again.

Hmm, before doing that I attempted to just let the AI craft use the KSC runway, it worked fine (although its altitude dipped well below minimum and well above max but I'm not sure that's exactly my fault with the part being experimental and all. Not saying it's bad though.) It managed to fly itself just fine... I suppose it's simply because the mod was tested using only the KSC runway and nothing else so it confuses the AI if done from elsewhere, will take that into account and use the KSC as my target craft launch site from now on. Thanks for the help! :D

EDIT: So it turns out that the way the AI functions is that they activate once you get within the set guard range (for my purposes I always set it to the max at 5K) However due to the extremely high speed nature of my fighter it clears the range of the guard mode which apparently tells the AI to shut down. I noticed this as once I went past 5.0KM the AI plane slowed down towards the end of the runway before stopping a short ways from the edge. It would seem that if you plan to do a dogfight against the AI you better make sure they can still track you on their radar or else they'll just go, "Gosh darnit, he got away!" Not sure if this was a decision to prevent issues with lag or something but I feel it could use a tweak to allow them to continue tracking past the guard range if possible. Great work on the mod Bahamut, really looking forward to what you add next! :P (PS, Autopilot aircraft have always been on my wishlist as I was sick of just bombing ground targets and the KSC. XD)

Second EDIT: Oookaaay, so I've tested again with a few different aircraft as well as using my new slower more maneuverable fighter aircraft, each one would ignite its engines, run to the end of the runway, then just slide off into the ocean, I even tried just using a rover to see if they'd bother taking off and it would again start up its engines, run down the runway, slide into the ocean, the small aircraft can easily take off halfway up the KSC ISLAND runway, I was launching these tests from the Space Centers own runway so it's not a matter of the crafts themselves. Not particularly sure what to do now. Perhaps I'll give in and uninstall KerbinSide then try but I feel like that shouldn't really be the issue. I'm not a scripter though so maybe it is.

Edited by SubjectX07
New Info

Fixed the tweakable slider issue.

I couldn't reproduce the reticle issue with the fixed guns. Could you send me a stock+bda craft where this happens?

i just used the fighter jet you provided with the update... could your improved chase cam mod be interfering?