[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Heh... I had the same idea. I already have 3 models waiting in the wings, with a few more in the works. All they need to work is for Baha to add a bit of code that allows me to remove the "fire" option so they only jettison, and for me to figure out a way so that they drain fuel first. I did attempt to use the fuel flow module thing for fuel lines on my pylons, but that just made the game crash... so obviously I need to wait until I can get a coder type to give me a hand, or for Baha to add something to BDA that allows drop tanks to function without having to add fuel lines to them. :)
Wait, why would you need BDArmory for drop tanks? Sounds like you'd just need a tank, a decoupler and a fuel line to me.
It would be sleeker. Smaller, lighter, and cooler looking.

There's no need to add a decoupler or a fuel line. Just create a part that has crossfeed enabled, and add a decouple function to the top of the part. There's no magic involved in making something decouple.

Wait, why would you need BDArmory for drop tanks? Sounds like you'd just need a tank, a decoupler and a fuel line to me.

I already have something similar but the I'm using the smallest .65m fuel (has 18 units of liquid and some oxidizer) however they are too heavy, ugly, and have empty space (from dumping the oxidizer). You know that island that is to the north east of KSC. My primary fighter can get there and half way back even with those makeshift drop tanks

There's no need to add a decoupler or a fuel line. Just create a part that has crossfeed enabled, and add a decouple function to the top of the part. There's no magic involved in making something decouple.

Cross feed just means you can pass fuel through it. It doesn't mean that it will automatically pass fuel through like a fuel line.

Cross feed just means you can pass fuel through it. It doesn't mean that it will automatically pass fuel through like a fuel line.

Jet engines consume fuel from any part with crossfeed enabled across the entire craft. :wink:

Are you sure you're not getting a lock then? Because it should definitely have no problems out to about 2.5km.

I've tried reinstalling BD Armory but it didn't seem to work. Could it have to do with them being slightly obstructed? They are sandwiched up against an AIM-120, as you can see in the video:

Edit: Fixed

Edited by HQtopgun1
Issue solved

Hey quick Q, what way are you supposed to point the bloody aim transforms in Unity when making a turret?

Because i will have everything in it's correct orientation, but then the Yaw for example will be reversed, or it will do some weird turns before staying in a messed up orientation.

Hi Baha, wonder if u can create a futuristic weapon for this mod like:

A mini drone that can be attached to any aircraft using a small Cargo Bay and inside your new drone

This drone must be able to fly on Kerbin atmosphere alone after its launch, probably should include the following a control thing, SAS, energy, ect, but you know better than me, but also your weapon manager, Radome and Ai pilot flight computer plus 1 mini turet like .50cal turet, and maybe using solar energy or something else for fuel, all this in one small drone that can fit inside Mk2 Cargo Bay something similar with "deployable skycrane" from Dr. Jet's Chop Shop mod...

The purpose of this drone is to attack the enemy planes, once launched, that will be very cool to see with your mod.

hiya i have been trying to install and use youre mod for a while now but it keeps causing a bug in my game which renders me unable to use my game and the mod unless the mod is removed . this is wahat happens . imigur: arknidsine

I don't see a link, and googling that last bit only gave me this thread.

In the meanwhile, do you have any other mods, and are you sure you installed BDArmory correctly? Try re-installing it with CKAN for instance, that way we can be reasonably sure everything is where it should be.

Edited by Yski

Hi Baha, wonder if u can create a futuristic weapon for this mod like:

A mini drone that can be attached to any aircraft using a small Cargo Bay and inside your new drone

This drone must be able to fly on Kerbin atmosphere alone after its launch, probably should include the following a control thing, SAS, energy, ect, but you know better than me, but also your weapon manager, Radome and Ai pilot flight computer plus 1 mini turet like .50cal turet, and maybe using solar energy or something else for fuel, all this in one small drone that can fit inside Mk2 Cargo Bay something similar with "deployable skycrane" from Dr. Jet's Chop Shop mod...

The purpose of this drone is to attack the enemy planes, once launched, that will be very cool to see with your mod.

this is a good idea. instead of having the weapons manager and that built in it could have specific slots built in for them for you to add in case you don't want one system on it as that would mean a lot of buttons when right clicked.

the engine could be a buffed ion which has, say, 75- 100 thrust or so and only uses electric instead of xenon as well

@HQTopGun1

you do not appear to be using any kind of radar. this is likely the problem, unless you're using legacy targeting

Really? According to the description of the AIM-9 it says that it's heat seeking, not radar guided. Regardless, even trying it with a radome (in boresight) didn't allow it to lock on. I've tried using them in a different save file, but that also didn't fix anything. Maybe reinstall KSP?

Edit: Fixed

Edited by HQtopgun1
Issue solved

@HQtopgun1 Are you toggling the weapon on in the weapons manager? Once you do that it should bring up a kind of boresight.

So, I have a suggestion, and this stems from trying to tune AI midflight: Have an AI tab on the UI to be accessed from the corner of the screen. It could be an extra tab in the BD weapons manager window, or another one entirely on its own, like how FAR has multiple windows. It would also make trying to turn on AI when on the runway easier, by not forcing the player to hunt down the AI module.

@HQtopgun1 Are you toggling the weapon on in the weapons manager? Once you do that it should bring up a kind of boresight.

So, I have a suggestion, and this stems from trying to tune AI midflight: Have an AI tab on the UI to be accessed from the corner of the screen. It could be an extra tab in the BD weapons manager window, or another one entirely on its own, like how FAR has multiple windows. It would also make trying to turn on AI when on the runway easier, by not forcing the player to hunt down the AI module.

I've already done that, as can be seen in a recording I've made of the issue:

Edit: Fixed.

Edited by HQtopgun1
Issue solved

Oh wow, I feel incredibly stupid. Turns out I was still running KSP 1.0.2 and the launcher didn't tell me that there was an update... So yeah, reinstalling KSP fixed it.

I thought the engine effects were just a mod that everyone was using...

Edited by HQtopgun1
Grammar

Since you added the old school .50 Cal I was wondering if you could add the Sperry turret from the B-17 and B-24, and because IR doesn't let you rotated IVAs you can't just make one yourself with the Landercan and the .50 Caliber Guns :(

(also making an interactive gun turret with an IVA with a lot of detail seems really difficult so I'm not expecting you to take this suggestion) http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/AirGunnery/imgTurrets5/pT109-1.jpg

Since you added the old school .50 Cal I was wondering if you could add the Sperry turret from the B-17 and B-24, and because IR doesn't let you rotated IVAs you can't just make one yourself with the Landercan and the .50 Caliber Guns :(

(also making an interactive gun turret with an IVA with a lot of detail seems really difficult so I'm not expecting you to take this suggestion) http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/AirGunnery/imgTurrets5/pT109-1.jpg

I'm making a WW2 air-weapons pack and this will probably be something that i will make somewhere down the line.

That doesn't look like the kind of thing BDArmory should be able to cause. I'm not sure what's happening, but could you post your log file for me to take a look? Maybe I'll find some explanation there.

Depending on your operating system, it's either ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log on linux, [KSP]\KSP_Data\output_log.txt on windows.