[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Baha, can you add alighment indicator for guns and rockets, just like the one you have for your adjustable landing gear? It may need to be more precise tho. Currently it is very difficult to adjust weapons that are attached to different parts.

Rockets should have them as they can attach to the weapon rail. As for guns just use locked angle snap

Hey all, i have a little problem with targeting pod/ball. I cant use it to aiming my turrets, when i turn the "turrets" mode on, nothing happens. I still control my turrets by my mouse, not by targeting ball. Is any way to fix it? Re-install didnt help

So I have been doing some test and have noticed a few things

AIs have a tendency to Blue on Blue if they are using AIM-9s. If they lock on they will fire even if it is a friendly. Either that or they get a quick lock on the enemy and they fire it can re lock onto a friendly.

Another this is when AIs attack ground they only use missile or guns. If they have only rockets or bombs they will do attack runs but won't fire.

Final thing I've noticed is they don't balance the weapons. They will fire all on one wing then the other.

This may be a stupid question, but do the Aim-9 missiles require any additional hardware other than a weapon manager to work? Because they are refusing to lock onto any aircraft, even after holding the target in the HUD for several seconds at a time. It probably isn't a problem of the target not putting off enough heat either because the aircraft I'm trying to take down has 4 turbojets at full throttle.

Parts by other members:

Direct any questions about these to the respective authors, not me

- Naval Artillery System by Acea et al.

- P.E.W. by LORDPrometheus

- Heavy Ordnance Pack by Harpwner

- Acea's Hydra-70 resupply box

Ouch. I had been looking for "North Kerbin Dynamics" instead of "Heavy Ordnance Pack."

This may be a stupid question, but do the Aim-9 missiles require any additional hardware other than a weapon manager to work? Because they are refusing to lock onto any aircraft, even after holding the target in the HUD for several seconds at a time. It probably isn't a problem of the target not putting off enough heat either because the aircraft I'm trying to take down has 4 turbojets at full throttle.

Ive just been throwing on one of the radars anyway so I wouldn't know

Well sure, but that's why it would be "toggle on" and then "toggle off" if it was an action, ie, "toggle firing" (on/off). At least I'm pretty sure that's what BD meant anyway but if not he can clarify.

Perhaps. I was just afraid that the implication of him making the claim that KSPActions are a one-shot event sort of thing, lumped together with how KSPEvents are, would be the false conclusion that you can't design a mod that toggles something with KSPActions even if you wanted to, which isn't true, as GEAR, LIGHTS, etc are done via action groups and are meant to be a toggle.

In fact, in implementing the action group system in kOS, we discovered that the vast majority of the time, the stock game is "sort of lying" to you about Action groups when it has them work like one-shots. What it really is doing behind the scenes is designing most of their PartModule's KSPActions to respond to any change in state of the Boolean value, i.e. an "edge detect" algorithm, such that it transforms what is really a Boolean toggle keypress into something that appears to be a one-shot on the surface to the user because it will fire off either when becoming true or when becoming false.

So the KSPAction infrastructure is a toggle on, toggle off system, but a lot of stock PartModules add a layer atop that infrastructure to turn it back into behaving like a simple one-off button.

Oh no, not at all. As I said earlier, the next/prev weapon switch in combination with the keybind is far and away the best all around design for BDA itself. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just mean I understand why it wouldn't have been there.

Understandable, but adding KSPAction support would do more than just open it up to kOS, which of course is why I'd like it. It also opens it up to players to what to chain interesting effects in the VAB action group editor, like "every time the gun is firing I want this torque wheel enabled, then it goes back off when the gun stops", or whatever stuff like that they come up with, but that would require that BD armoury support KSPActions in a two-way street sort of way (i.e. not only turn on the guns when the action group is on, and off when the action group is off, but also go the other way around, and when the user turns the guns on with BD Armoury's keypress, have that gun turn any KSPActions the gun is attached to to true, and then turn it to false when the firing stops, as that would enable VAB tie-ins that go the opposite direction and make the guns cause other effects.)

The Kerman Class Cruiser Mod. 2 is complete. Armed with 1 Mk45 5 inch, 4 vulcan turrets, 2 goalkeepers, 8 AMMRAMS, 8 RGM-84 Harpoons, 8 RIM-162-ESSM Missiles mounted in a rotatable SAM launcher and 1 light recon helicopter for marking GPS coordinates and light ground attack with a 20mm vulcan and 5 Hydra missile pods. This ship can tackle any foe. It will be featured in Kerbal War Program Season 2!

piHrQob.png

Edited by Combatsmithen

How far away are you trying to lock from? It may have something to do with the AIM-9's relatively short range locking capabilities.

The Kerman Class Cruiser Mod. 2 is complete. Armed with 1 Mk45 5 inch, 4 vulcan turrets, 2 goalkeepers, 8 AMMRAMS, 8 RGM-84 Harpoons, 8 RIM-162-ESSM Missiles mounted in a rotatable SAM launcher and 1 light recon helicopter for marking GPS coordinates and light ground attack with a 20mm vulcan and 5 Hydra missile pods. This ship can tackle any foe. It will be featured in Kerbal War Program Season 2!

http://i.imgur.com/piHrQob.png

What mod is that boat?

Fengist's Maritime parts pack [Moderator removed defunct website link]

Edit: And if you're curious, i'm fairly sure the Harpoon missiles and RIM-162's are P.E.W by lord prometheus while the Mk 45 5 inch naval gun is from north kerbin dynamics by harpwner

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Hey Baha, general curiosity question. Will the guards at some point be able to operate multiple turrets of different types simultaneously? I'm thinking about the upcoming addon to NAS, which should have (informed speculation here) both 40mm Bofors and 20mm Oerlikons, which historically would be firing simultaneously once attacking enemies closed in past the 5" gun range.

So will the AI Guard simply switch from 40mm to 20mm the closer you get (assuming you survive that long of course)? Or is there a chance we could see an AA tub lighting up the sky like nobody's business?

Hey Baha, general curiosity question. Will the guards at some point be able to operate multiple turrets of different types simultaneously? I'm thinking about the upcoming addon to NAS, which should have (informed speculation here) both 40mm Bofors and 20mm Oerlikons, which historically would be firing simultaneously once attacking enemies closed in past the 5" gun range.

So will the AI Guard simply switch from 40mm to 20mm the closer you get (assuming you survive that long of course)? Or is there a chance we could see an AA tub lighting up the sky like nobody's business?

I would also love to assign certain weapons to certain duties. I don't like it when i have a Oerlikon millenium and my goalkeepers engage the missiles automatically instead of that. maybe have it like you said. Set the engagement distance for each individual weapon, have the oerlikon open up at 3500 and then the goalkeepers open up alongside the oerlikon at like 2000 meters. It would be cool if they could use multiple weapons at once. For example i have a plane coming in, the plane launches missiles at my ship and there is an enemy surface contact, my ship would launch an AMMRAM to kill the plane and open up on the missiles with goalkeepers while simultaneously firing the mk45 5 inch at the enemy surface contact.

Hi there, I got a question / might be a bug report or something.

So first things first, I can't use BD Armory.

Im very sad about this because I heard from friends that this is a great mod!

Only the one thing.

If I install the mod, launch KSP and go into the SPH, this all works fine. The models of the weapons and stuff are there in the editor, all and everything.

I can add them to my planes.

But when I want to launch my planes, KSP bugs out :/

What happens is I get a screen that fades from black to blue (black at the bottom, blue at the top), although the regular KSP interface is there.

From here, when I press ESC, I can't click Return to spaceplane hangar or to launch, I can press settings, but not the Space Center button and the Exit button.

I find this really weird ;.;

If you need some more info, my KSP version : 1.0.4.861 and I'm using the last BDA version.

If you need a screenshot, ill get one as soon as possible.

I hope you can fix this :/

Ive faith in ya :wink:

Hi there, I got a question / might be a bug report or something.

So first things first, I can't use BD Armory.

Im very sad about this because I heard from friends that this is a great mod!

Only the one thing.

If I install the mod, launch KSP and go into the SPH, this all works fine. The models of the weapons and stuff are there in the editor, all and everything.

I can add them to my planes.

But when I want to launch my planes, KSP bugs out :/

What happens is I get a screen that fades from black to blue (black at the bottom, blue at the top), although the regular KSP interface is there.

From here, when I press ESC, I can't click Return to spaceplane hangar or to launch, I can press settings, but not the Space Center button and the Exit button.

I find this really weird ;.;

If you need some more info, my KSP version : 1.0.4.861 and I'm using the last BDA version.

If you need a screenshot, ill get one as soon as possible.

I hope you can fix this :/

Ive faith in ya :wink:

Have you tried to create a new save?

Have you tried to create a new save?

I did, to be honest 4 new, but it doesn't work at all. :/

I tried to figure out what weapons made this happen, but when I launch a plane without ANY weapons/cannons/missiles, it still freezes it.

Also, when i go to orbit map, the target is the sun.

I tried to figure out what weapons made this happen, but when I launch a plane without ANY weapons/cannons/missiles, it still freezes it.

Sounds like you might want to reinstall KSP

If re-installing doesn't work, could you post your log file somewhere I can see it? It's ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log on linux, [KSP]\KSP_Data\output_log.txt on windows.

Edited by Yski