[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

sorry ignorance friend but ual post refers ?

- - - Updated - - -

Your friend mod enabled me to create spacecraft that take off and aterrizam vertically and horizontally like Prometheus , would love to see him in kerbal 1.0 is there for you to create a liquid conbustivel converter or karbonite in deuteriun and tritium ? tritium mainly because I do not think converters for this propellant.

sorry ignorance friend but ual post refers ?

- - - Updated - - -

Your friend mod enabled me to create spacecraft that take off and aterrizam vertically and horizontally like Prometheus , would love to see him in kerbal 1.0 is there for you to create a liquid conbustivel converter or karbonite in deuteriun and tritium ? tritium mainly because I do not think converters for this propellant.

Just scroll back through the posts, it is somewhere on the previous page... I'll just quote it from here...

The update is coming, but progress is slow. I'll be adding many new things that I think you guys might like. Here is the current (very tentative) list of things I'm going to be working on:

add an intakeAir tank for SSTOs

fix ion wing electricCharge consumption (speed model)

update ion wing new model

balance out all the prices

GitHub wiki

use intakeAir to refine into H2 -> refine to Deuterium or Tritium

1.0-ize all parts (heat capacity parameters and whatnot)

use 1.0 system of resource mining and refining

add custom categories

I cannot guarantee that everything listed will make it, but I can tell you that I am making good progress on a VAB filter system for II parts. I still have lots to learn, though.

I also plan to add an ION wing counterpart for every basic stock wing. (no canards and shiz for ion wings), just as requested on the poll.

This will all take time because I'm pretty busy as the high school year begins to wrap up, but I'll work on this whenever I can.

Hi Jandcando! I love your mod, and use the fusion engines and tritium RCS/SAS on most of my heavy ships and planes. The hydrogen-harvesting you have planned sounds great, too. Keep up the good work! A couple questions:

My smaller deuterium tanks have stock textures, not the fun blue-stripey ones shown in your OP. The big tank and the tritium tanks all look fine though. Did I miss something, installing it?

Also, do you plan on changing the fusion engine models at all? Or adding new ones? If have some ideas and you need a modeler/texturer, please let me know. I'd love to make some unique, cool fusion engines for your mod! :)

Hi Jandcando! I love your mod, and use the fusion engines and tritium RCS/SAS on most of my heavy ships and planes. The hydrogen-harvesting you have planned sounds great, too. Keep up the good work! A couple questions:

My smaller deuterium tanks have stock textures, not the fun blue-stripey ones shown in your OP. The big tank and the tritium tanks all look fine though. Did I miss something, installing it?

Also, do you plan on changing the fusion engine models at all? Or adding new ones? If have some ideas and you need a modeler/texturer, please let me know. I'd love to make some unique, cool fusion engines for your mod! :)

The tanks are stock because I don't have a whole lot of experience with modelling.

I would love new models for my mod! By all means, contribute if you want!

I just want to report some of the headway I have made so far so that you guys don't think I'm a lazy oaf (lol, I'm joking).

Current ChangeLog (subject to change):

• Ion wing electric drain is now based on airspeed and altitude. The lower the speed, the lower the drain. Thinner air also means lower drain. (so no drain in space or on the runway at 0 m/s.) The current formula right now is (surfaceSpeed x atmDensity) /15 (This might get tweaked for balance). I am thinking about having this so that the wing drains more at lower speeds rather than higher speeds, because wouldn't the wing have to work harder to produce the same amount of lift? Also, should the ion wing be able to be turned on/off? Right now the logic is so that if the wing has electricCharge, the lift is 15. (stock wings are at 2). But if there is no electricity, the lift is set to 1.75. Lift is constant, electricCharge drain is variable.
  • Ion wing now has a cutoff speed for electricCharge drain. If the craft is moving slower than 30 m/s, no electricCharge will be drained.
  • There are now 5 ion wing variants: Delta wing, small delta wing, and connector boards A, B, and C.

BP7P21Z.png
Apparently there was a tank node problem, but now that's resolved.
There is a part filter implemented for the editor scene for sorting through Impossible Innovations parts.

4ppvknK.png

Still to do:

• Add all the new heat exchange bits into all the part.cfgs.
  • Switch to the new .dds textures for all parts. This will allow me to edit the textures so the parts can be distinguished from the stock ones (if they are currently using the stock models)
  • Add a legacy parts folder so that old craft don't break. Legacy parts will not be visible in editor menu, but will load on existing craft.
  • Get the tech tree working without techManager.
  • Price balancing. This can wait till after the 1.0 update, and I'll need plenty of feedback from you guys. But this is something I think needs addressing in the future.
  • New features concerning the hydrogen harvesting and conversion system (might not come for the 1.0 update, but I plan on implementing this - you'll see later)

Edited by jandcando

Ola boa tarde , amigo como esta o andamento da atualização do mod? ancisoso rsrsrr

- - - Updated - - -

ainda não migrei para versão 1.02 só esperando atualização do seu mod amigo.

Ola boa tarde , amigo como esta o andamento da atualização do mod? ancisoso rsrsrr

- - - Updated - - -

ainda não migrei para versão 1.02 só esperando atualização do seu mod amigo.

I wish I could update soon, but I'm waiting for some coding questions to be answered first.

I wish I could update soon, but I'm waiting for some coding questions to be answered first.

send a PM to Majiir, he's good at that stuff, he helped to get Kethane to play nice with KSP Interstellar a few versions ago.

Also, it's good to know that your still here, II has been a standard part of my space program since the beginning, so don't ever quit. :P

if your feeling particularly randy, you can add resources into the kethane mod and add the appropriate entries to the converters, it's actually very easy, just keep in mind for ANY kind of resource mod, the resource MUST posses a mass of >0 for the converters to work, it can be 0.0000000something, but as long as it's not actually 0.

Hey guys I just wanted to update you about the progress I've made. I have made no progress whatsoever since my last post due to school stuff like projects, exams, etc. I'll get back to developing when I have a little less pressure on my chest. Thank you all for being patient.

Hi Jancando. Take your time with the updates, if you need modeling or texturing just say the word! Meanwhile...

I'm going crazy, here. Been using your mod for months, and I can't find the hydrogen intake anywhere tonight in .90! Building a modified II/HX/IXS ship that's doing great, but my converter module is minus the main thing I need it for! I know I've used them a dozen times before, and found the converters, but can't find the intakes to save the manatees tonight. Help if you can! Everything else is there, engines, tanks, RCS, so I know it's just me... :(

EDIT: Nevermind, sir! Found it, in Utility, the black intake scoop. I had forgotten what it looked like, it's much like a regular air intake.

Posting location for future brainfarters:

Y2LUZVS.jpg

Edited by JaredTheDragon

Hi Jancando. Take your time with the updates, if you need modeling or texturing just say the word! Meanwhile...

I'm going crazy, here. Been using your mod for months, and I can't find the hydrogen intake anywhere tonight in .90! Building a modified II/HX/IXS ship that's doing great, but my converter module is minus the main thing I need it for! I know I've used them a dozen times before, and found the converters, but can't find the intakes to save the manatees tonight. Help if you can! Everything else is there, engines, tanks, RCS, so I know it's just me... :(

EDIT: Nevermind, sir! Found it, in Utility, the black intake scoop. I had forgotten what it looked like, it's much like a regular air intake.

Posting location for future brainfarters:

http://i.imgur.com/Y2LUZVS.jpg

XD Don't worry it all happens to us every once in a while. And it doesn't help that it has a stock texture.

As always, let us know if you need any help with this one, Jandcando. Texturing and modeling I can help with if you desire, but code-stuff isn't my realm. It's your baby, but many of us would love to help you take care of it if you want! :)

As always, let us know if you need any help with this one, Jandcando. Texturing and modeling I can help with if you desire, but code-stuff isn't my realm. It's your baby, but many of us would love to help you take care of it if you want! :)

I would be happy to use any models and textures that other people come up with, but I want something consistent. The current glowing models for the tanks look cool, and if you can replicate them that would be great. But since every artist has their own taste and style, if you are going to make a model then you need to make models for every related part for consistency's sake.

Hey guys I'm finally getting back to work on this mod, and I want to ask you a question via the new poll I just put up. Should I remove the Advanced Fiber Parachutes from Impossible Innovations? If I do remove them, then they will be put into the legacy folder where you can't use them to build craft. But they will still load on old ships that still use them.

I bring this up because you can just add more parachutes if you need to. I feel like this part is a bit redundant.

I totally agree about unifying the style, and if you want help texturing I'm pretty good with Maya and would love to pitch in. In all of my installs, from .23 on or whenever I started playing, I've never had your blue-stripe textures show up on any of the smaller tank parts, just the big one and the tritium tanks. Never understood why, I'd love them to all look unified. But at the same time, the stripes are asymmetrical and I think could look much cleaner or more detailed? More techy, perhaps? I can model rather well too, but have no experience outputing Maya to Unity specifically, yet.

It's your mod, your vision. If you want some assistance realizing that vision, I'm at your disposal. Been playing with 1.02 a lot lately and it's sorely missing your awesome parts! Yours and B9 are my most anticipated updates, hands-down.

I totally agree about unifying the style, and if you want help texturing I'm pretty good with Maya and would love to pitch in. In all of my installs, from .23 on or whenever I started playing, I've never had your blue-stripe textures show up on any of the smaller tank parts, just the big one and the tritium tanks. Never understood why, I'd love them to all look unified. But at the same time, the stripes are asymmetrical and I think could look much cleaner or more detailed? More techy, perhaps? I can model rather well too, but have no experience outputing Maya to Unity specifically, yet.

It's your mod, your vision. If you want some assistance realizing that vision, I'm at your disposal. Been playing with 1.02 a lot lately and it's sorely missing your awesome parts! Yours and B9 are my most anticipated updates, hands-down.

Thanks, it is good to know people actually use Impossible Innovations. I feel pretty unpolpular sometimes.

Anyway for the models it would be great if you could make some simplistic, clean, and advanced - looking parts with roughly the same blue hue for the emissives, but don't overdo it. Something that look visually appealing when grouped with other similar parts, not just by itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.