[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

good hello night , I used the windows search to delete all thumbs of kerbal folder , found a er lot deleted all , but still all ves my ship crashes or explodes the Spare 's impossible innovations insist on catching all game every explosion at that time my core i7 with 16 gig of ram and gtx 980ti , is like a celeron with onboard card ....

good hello night again , after several tests , I discovered why so many crashes when my ships explode with mod impossible inovations , are actually two problems , one is the converters , the other are the tanks of hydrogen when he hit the ground locking begins and the game crashes every converter explosion and hydrogen tank when these tanks and converters explode, the other pieces explode without catching anything, and I suspected it would be these parts because when you click the right mouse button either the converters as the hydrogen tanks under construction mode, nothing happens , no option appears , and this is since kerbal migrated from 1:05 today ... so has no relation with thumbs , at least with my pc .... . if only because when I create ships with more than 250 parties and the ship exploded and this without comversores of inovations impossible , this type of crash never happened ....

On 8/19/2016 at 9:41 PM, rbrgames said:

good hello night again , after several tests , I discovered why so many crashes when my ships explode with mod impossible inovations , are actually two problems , one is the converters , the other are the tanks of hydrogen when he hit the ground locking begins and the game crashes every converter explosion and hydrogen tank when these tanks and converters explode, the other pieces explode without catching anything, and I suspected it would be these parts because when you click the right mouse button either the converters as the hydrogen tanks under construction mode, nothing happens , no option appears , and this is since kerbal migrated from 1:05 today ... so has no relation with thumbs , at least with my pc .... . if only because when I create ships with more than 250 parties and the ship exploded and this without comversores of inovations impossible , this type of crash never happened ....

I advise staying away from the hydrogen converter parts... They are pretty half-baked and fall through the ground because they do not have a collision boxes. I am considering removing them from the mod because you don't really need them anyway since the engines are so efficient.

Please do not say that , these converters are necessary juito , though really their engines are very efficient I create ships that are not made to be discarded stage and love doing toors the planets , and it is necessarioos replenishments , I would love for you to correct this bug. :o

9 hours ago, jandcando said:

I advise staying away from the hydrogen converter parts... They are pretty half-baked and fall through the ground because they do not have a collision boxes. I am considering removing them from the mod because you don't really need them anyway since the engines are so efficient.

Jandcando,

While it's true the engines, especially the HE model, are incredibly efficient, the hydrogen converter allows for much lighter spacecraft.  On interplanetary transfers, I can carry much less fuel due to the converters ability to replenish deuterium on the go.

I can, of course, live without it, but it is a great feature.

Speaking only for myself, I make full use of your engines, the converter and your great batteries.  Never use other aspects of your mod.

As always, am much appreciative of your efforts.

MM

5 hours ago, Mike Mars said:

Jandcando,

While it's true the engines, especially the HE model, are incredibly efficient, the hydrogen converter allows for much lighter spacecraft.  On interplanetary transfers, I can carry much less fuel due to the converters ability to replenish deuterium on the go.

I can, of course, live without it, but it is a great feature.

Speaking only for myself, I make full use of your engines, the converter and your great batteries.  Never use other aspects of your mod.

As always, am much appreciative of your efforts.

MM

Wait so the hydrogen converter works for you? @rbrgames was giving me the impression that they do not work. I cannot test any of this myself at the moment since I'm on vacation this whole week. I just want a little clarification.

18 minutes ago, jandcando said:

Wait so the hydrogen converter works for you? @rbrgames was giving me the impression that they do not work. I cannot test any of this myself at the moment since I'm on vacation this whole week. I just want a little clarification.

I stand corrected.

Hydrogen converter is not working.

Hydrogen collector and tank both work.  The convertor does not.  I can select it in the VAB and assign it to an action group.  In flight, when I toggle it on with the action button, it draws electricity, but does not convert hydrogen.

Sorry for the confusion.

MM

2 minutes ago, Mike Mars said:

I stand corrected.

Hydrogen converter is not working.

Hydrogen collector and tank both work.  The convertor does not.  I can select it in the VAB and assign it to an action group.  In flight, when I toggle it on with the action button, it draws electricity, but does not convert hydrogen.

Sorry for the confusion.

MM

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I'll put that on my to-do list for next week.

Mike curiously when I assign one blotão action , the funcionan converters well to min, to convert hydrogen into tritium and deuterium , to min the only proble is when the ship explodes is by heating on reentry or hit the ground , that there the game from a locked to each burst from each of the inverters and the hydrogen tanks.

In response to what Jandicando told me , thank you again , I will be anxious waiting for the novelty of next week ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 3ngin33r said:

Does this mod by any chance work well together with FAR and Community Techtree? I'd love to use it for my high end ships that travel to the Cercani system from the Other Worlds planet pack.

It should work OK with FAR, but I have not made any updates to make it work with the Community Tech Tree. Impossible Innovations uses an independent tech tree that simply adds new nodes, so there may be some overlapping tech nodes if you install the Community Tech Tree on the same game.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rbrgames said:

Good night, any chance of operating the converters in kerbal 1.1.3.

I'm going to wait until 1.2 comes out, and fix the converters with the 1.2 patch

Hopefully I'm not too busy... this school year is stressful.

Why was I not told that this had been taken over? :(

Dammit man.... I have felt alone and unloved since this mod died... but you bought it back to life...

Tell you what.... if you bring it out for 1.2 then I will devote my life to serving you.... mind you, I'm 56 so... :)

Anyhow... thanks for this... :)

Hi

first of all, let me thank you for your amazing effort. here is a little contribution from my side, the compatibility patches for indication lights, maybe the developer of that mod would add it to the original mod later but for time being, here you go community :

now, can i ask a question, is there a plan to add IVA to MK1-4? i know it would take lot of time designing and maybe adding raster prop monitor and ASET compatibilities but, this mod needs love and i think lacking of an IVA for MK1-4 is hitting it, i don't know how to do it myself else i would really help you there.

thanks for your amazing mod.

On 10/3/2016 at 4:24 PM, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

first of all, let me thank you for your amazing effort. here is a little contribution from my side, the compatibility patches for indication lights, maybe the developer of that mod would add it to the original mod later but for time being, here you go community :

now, can i ask a question, is there a plan to add IVA to MK1-4? i know it would take lot of time designing and maybe adding raster prop monitor and ASET compatibilities but, this mod needs love and i think lacking of an IVA for MK1-4 is hitting it, i don't know how to do it myself else i would really help you there.

thanks for your amazing mod.

Those indicator lights look awesome! And no, there is no plan to add an IVA to the MK1-4 capsule. I don't know the first thing about how to do that.

6 minutes ago, jandcando said:

Those indicator lights look awesome! And no, there is no plan to add an IVA to the MK1-4 capsule. I don't know the first thing about how to do that.

Well I can tell you this much, looking into MK1-2 there is a section in the part config that says : 

INTERNAL
{
	name = PodCockpit
}

then there is a folder beside the parts folder (under squad root) named Spaces, in it there is a subfolder called PodCockpit and in it sits the model, the textures and the config file for the internal, looking at that config file, you would see that not only it has MODEL section and MODULE sections but also Prop section and I think, the Prop section is using what is sitting inside the Props folder (same place as Spaces and Parts). In other words, IVA is combination of some modeling and injecting some models from props with adition of modules.

For raster prop monitor support, there are two files sitting in JSI>RPMPodPatches>PatchStock named mk12pod-patch and mk12pod-remade-internal that you can look for. That should be a hell of modeling and config making, alternatively, you can at least put a space holder in your pod using the INTERNAL code i gave you to use the same internal as MK1-2 until you wrap your head around this craziness called IVA modeling and making your own fancy internals

2 hours ago, rbrgames said:

Please correct the converters to 1.1.3

How about we give Jandcando a break.  He doesn't get paid for his work on this mod.  It was a gift to the community and we should appreciate it.

He has a life beyond Impossible Innovations.  Let's assume he is busy with life's demands which are way more important than this mod.

He has already said he will update this mod to run on 1.2 when he gets a chance.  Hounding him will not speed up the process.  In fact, if I were him, your use of larger than normal, bold text, would not encourage me to work on it.

You don't need the converters to use the engines.  I just completed a mission to Eve using the HE fusion engine and am planning a Duna mission.  A little imagination and creativity will get you a long way.

MM

Edited by Mike Mars

On ۱۳۹۵/۷/۲۱ ه‍.ش. at 10:47 PM, jandcando said:

Nope, no plans as of yet. I'll get to it whenever I have the time.

Well, I'm not that familiar with ksp's API but i looked into your repository, did you try to recompile for 1.2? I just scrubbed through your code but didn't see any particular name space or code that should have been broken in 1.2

although, getting a compile is one thing, but testing it in 1.2 is another thing :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.