[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

YAY!

I was gonna get to bed but now I must play late. :)

Does this cause any existing save issues? I noticed on another thread the possibility of the packrat getting slightly larger for compatibility with attached items from your other packs.

Yes, the packrat is a BIT larger... so old ones will look weird. And might explode.. no idea ;)

Yes, the packrat is a BIT larger... so old ones will look weird. And might explode.. no idea ;)

Ah so existing packrats don't magically become slightly larger? Well only one way to find out. I can always ship up a new one if needed (assuming still KAS assemble capable). Are the new parts able to be assembled with KAS? I'd have to ship up those new toys to the Mun as well :)

Ah so existing packrats don't magically become slightly larger? Well only one way to find out. I can always ship up a new one if needed (assuming still KAS assemble capable). Are the new parts able to be assembled with KAS? I'd have to ship up those new toys to the Mun as well :)

Only thing different with the packrat is that the bits are a bit bigger. Existing ones may be a bit... squished

Finally got my game to run again after installing these new parts. It's a memory limit on my end... Anyway, the mini drill is great. Is there a mini converter as well? In particular one that converts karbonite to LFO...

My other suggestions are to make the command pod and karbonite engine KAS/GrabbyStuff storable for on-sight construction. Actually all the new .625 parts could be stored..

Edited by Angel-125

Is there any way to get the PackRat to drive...normal? What I mean, is no matter which way I build it in the VAB or SPH, when I press W it goes backwards and S goes forwards. The left/right steering seems ok. I've had the same problem with probe cores on rovers before, but that is usually fixed by flipping the probe 180. I can't seem to get this one to work. Also, it would be great to use the science crates as small KAS containers...I might look into how to do that.

Otherwise, this is awesome. I've downloaded every one of your mods, and they are the best. Literally, the quality of modelling and texturing, the function, the stability...everything is near perfect. Anyway, now I need to design a good use for that wicked little pod, been waiting for that one.

Thanks so much for this! I love having more small parts! I tend to make a lot of probes and I love to make my ships as small as I can. This is great! :D One thing I would like to have is a few really small wings. Those are so hard to find.

Thanks so much for this! I love having more small parts! I tend to make a lot of probes and I love to make my ships as small as I can. This is great! :D One thing I would like to have is a few really small wings. Those are so hard to find.

Yo Bud, google the "procedural wings" mod, and thank me later :P

Or, just cos im a nice guy ;)http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29862-0-24-Procedural-Dynamics-Procedural-Wing-0-8-1

Such a lovely mod, again!!!!!!!! One small nitpick, is there any way that the little vtol engine could be made to flip one of the motors when you put them on a craft in pairs in the SPH or VAB. At the moment you have to place them individually which is just a minor annoyance really. Would be interested to know if its possible to flip a symmetry generated part as it was placed???

HI there

GREAT mod thus far, made me smile when i saw the small "Space Suit" command pod.

I do have a question and admittedly i have been goofing around with the fans to try and balance a light VTOL craft.

So far everything is going well but I have a question.

Firstly, how are they "connected to the rcs system" when in use they give no indication of expelling rcs, so can one of you fine Sirs please explain it to me.

And secondly, I noticed in the .cfg file that it checks for Oxygen: does this mean it will work only in an oxygen atmosphere, or any atmosphere?

Thanks for your time and patience, great mods and parts so far, going to be making a Munar Rover out of these shortly! :P

Regards

The Gecko

EDIT : Thanks to this mod and Interstellar, My VTOL SSTO is working, and very much alive, if a little ungainly! :P Pic below. BIG CUDOS!!

GC8bhsY.png

Edited by Gecko99

Absolutely love it! I can't wait to make an army of small little guys swarming around :D

Few issues i've ran into so far:

1. I think all of your air breathing engines start staged once set on the launchpad/runway. The stock air breathers start unstaged. Makes loading a small craft hard because before you can load in and throttle down its already starting to take off. I did find a mod to set the default thrust to 0 but I don't think its necessary

2. The texture on the new shrouded fans indicating which direction the thrust is going is misleading compared to the Honey Badger. The honey badger has arrows pointing down to where its expelled and the new fans point up where the air is brought in.

I guess the only "bug" I've seen so far is when on EVA, the interior of the cockpit is transparent.

Screenshot please, also make sure you are on 0.1.1

Uhhh so how do I use the fans? They get no intake. Am I missing some part?

They are electric so make sure you have lots of EC. Triangle points in the direction of flight.

Please include the battery-ducted-fan vehicle. The one that looks like a brick.

(Every craft I build with these ducted fan engines in the SPH has a tendency to spin out of control- and RCS doesn't seem to work properly...

Sure, added it to the issues list for you.

Finally got my game to run again after installing these new parts. It's a memory limit on my end... Anyway, the mini drill is great. Is there a mini converter as well? In particular one that converts karbonite to LFO...

My other suggestions are to make the command pod and karbonite engine KAS/GrabbyStuff storable for on-sight construction. Actually all the new .625 parts could be stored..

Grabbable makes sense - but assembleable is tough for the flyer because unlike the PackRat it can have MANY configs. Added the converter and KAS-able to the issues list.

Is there any way to get the PackRat to drive...normal? What I mean, is no matter which way I build it in the VAB or SPH, when I press W it goes backwards and S goes forwards. The left/right steering seems ok. I've had the same problem with probe cores on rovers before, but that is usually fixed by flipping the probe 180. I can't seem to get this one to work. Also, it would be great to use the science crates as small KAS containers...I might look into how to do that.

Otherwise, this is awesome. I've downloaded every one of your mods, and they are the best. Literally, the quality of modelling and texturing, the function, the stability...everything is near perfect. Anyway, now I need to design a good use for that wicked little pod, been waiting for that one.

Thanks, logging both of these

Roverdude, do you think you could kindly update your signature to include all these new packs. Or something. Its getting a tad hard to keep track of all of them lol

I need that and a website :) I have too many mods...

Procedural Wings, use the little winglets, or FireSpitter :)

Such a lovely mod, again!!!!!!!! One small nitpick, is there any way that the little vtol engine could be made to flip one of the motors when you put them on a craft in pairs in the SPH or VAB. At the moment you have to place them individually which is just a minor annoyance really. Would be interested to know if its possible to flip a symmetry generated part as it was placed???

That appears to be a KSP thing - I'll need to fiddle with it, the problem is if I change how the model works I will pretty much break all craft

I've ran into an issue where the IVA model will generate outside of the mini 'pit,and while in the VAB the when looking through the cockpit, anything behind it is visible.

Screenshot please, and make sure you are on 0.1.1

Just an FYI, the new ducted fan motors are not Mirroring properly, the one on the other side end up point upside down. My first test craft did a barrel roll....

See above :)

HI there

GREAT mod thus far, made me smile when i saw the small "Space Suit" command pod.

I do have a question and admittedly i have been goofing around with the fans to try and balance a light VTOL craft.

So far everything is going well but I have a question.

Firstly, how are they "connected to the rcs system" when in use they give no indication of expelling rcs, so can one of you fine Sirs please explain it to me.

And secondly, I noticed in the .cfg file that it checks for Oxygen: does this mean it will work only in an oxygen atmosphere, or any atmosphere?

Thanks for your time and patience, great mods and parts so far, going to be making a Munar Rover out of these shortly! :P

Regards

The Gecko

EDIT : Thanks to this mod and Interstellar, My VTOL SSTO is working, and very much alive, if a little ungainly! :P Pic below. BIG CUDOS!!

http://i.imgur.com/GC8bhsY.png

They work in any atmo (hence all of the USI dependencies). About 25% of their thrust goes to RCS. turn RCS on, and they should show little gass puffs up and down (there are RCS transforms for both directions of the fan). So a good config is to have four VTOL types, and one done horizontally as a tail prop. You can't translate left/right, but you can pitch, roll, and yaw.

Does the AES Commad Pod support the Raster prop monitor? Thank you for amazing mod.

On the drawing board :) I wanted to use RPM for the transparency but RPM itself is pretty heavy RAM wise

Absolutely love it! I can't wait to make an army of small little guys swarming around :D

Few issues i've ran into so far:

1. I think all of your air breathing engines start staged once set on the launchpad/runway. The stock air breathers start unstaged. Makes loading a small craft hard because before you can load in and throttle down its already starting to take off. I did find a mod to set the default thrust to 0 but I don't think its necessary

2. The texture on the new shrouded fans indicating which direction the thrust is going is misleading compared to the Honey Badger. The honey badger has arrows pointing down to where its expelled and the new fans point up where the air is brought in.

Let me look into staging - this is one of those ongoing things I need to look at.

Will look into handling the arrows