[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Hey guys. I love all the USI mods... it's a whole new level of awesome. I'm having a bit of mod-related trouble though.

Problem: Kerbal Engineer doesn't seem to recognize the HERP Pod (the one that looks like a lightbulb).

I know this *could* be a problem in kerbal engineer, but it does pick up other mod parts (even MKS/OKS). It's not game-breaking, b/c I can always use the rocket equation. (Go me!) But I was wondering if there was something in these exploration parts that might not be playing well with KER. Basically the KER window doesn't show up in the VAB at all (despite the presence of the part). It does show up in flight, but the dV listings just report whatever it said last (from the most recently controlled vessel). I don't believe it works correctly with the jump seat or HERP maintenance pod either. Those are the only parts I've tried so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so apparently it doesn't work in the VAB at *all* any more.

- - - Updated - - -

After restarting, I could not duplicate the issue. Maybe KSP or KER just had a brainfart...

Hey RoverDude, I know you've probably been asked this a million of times, but will you ever post the .craft files for your examples. I find it hard to make good Exploration vehicles, or a Honey Badger in FTT, but you just have great ones. Just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey RoverDude, just letting you know that someone over on KIS mentioned about trying to convert ASETs portable Rover (which uses the same construction method as the PackRat) from KAS to KIS and is having problems and you'll certainly run into the same problems.

Hey RoverDude, I know you've probably been asked this a million of times, but will you ever post the .craft files for your examples. I find it hard to make good Exploration vehicles, or a Honey Badger in FTT, but you just have great ones. Just wondering.

After 1.0 I will release some craft files :)

Hey RoverDude, just letting you know that someone over on KIS mentioned about trying to convert ASETs portable Rover (which uses the same construction method as the PackRat) from KAS to KIS and is having problems and you'll certainly run into the same problems.

Correct. It's a hot mess. And since KAS containers are being punted, and KIS storage is flaky, I'll have to deprecate KAS support until such time as KIS stabilizes.

Yeah, the bugs in KIS are being worked out atm. Hopefully it stabilizes before 1.0 releases.

Was just giving you a heads up on the portable rover thing since a solution could be developed over there, or in the ASET dev thread.

For anyone that's interested, Pizzaoverhead made a mod, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55104-0-90-Rover-Wheel-Sounds which adds awesome sound effects to rover wheels in game, and I edited up a config to add the sounds to the pack rat wheel, as well:

@PART[PackRat_MiniWheel]

{

MODULE

{

name = WheelSounds

wheelSoundVolume = 1

wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/RoveMaxS1

}

}

Download the mod, add that to the MM config in the mod, your good to go. [least it works for me] I'm new to MM configs though, this is the first one I've ever actually gotten to work.

Hello to all....

I am looking for a craft file for the AES as shown on the OP....

I have skimmed through the posts, but if it is there I have missed it...

Is there a craft file for that little gem available and if so where...

if not, please........

thanks for all of your great mods and work roverdude....

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

The HERP jumpseat is impossible to exit, hatch always claims to be obstructed. I could really use a fix, since I need that jumpseat as a replacement for the broken, useless stock seat you can't put kerbals in from launch.

- - - Updated - - -

After some quick tests, I found it to work under many conditions, though oddly not when used in my vehicle...

0.4.0 IS UP!

KSP 1.0 Support

Deprecated the Maintenance Pod and mini crates

Deprecated PackRat KAS assembly as right now it is very beeful.

The PackRat RDS and Fairing have been deprecated given the availability of stock cargo modules and fairings

Slignt nerf bat to the ducted fan engine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.