[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

• 2 weeks later...

So while searching for something better to stabilize my VTOL jet I found this here and, as I hoped, electric ducted fan engines are a perfect replacement for vernor engines. And also much better for my mileage. :D

It could probably hover on those fans, but I reduced their thrust to zero and only use them as RCS because they would probably go through electric charge faster than vernor engines through LFO.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And since I'm not good at deleting parts, I'll surely find a use for the other stuff as well. More good looking rover parts and small stuff is always nice to have.

Edited by The Mechanic

Is it possible to support RPM?

Probably. If you can come up with a good reason / use case for it. I'm not a programmer nor an expert on models, but IVA-RPM integration from what I have read is not a trivial thing to do. Most all of the command pods in this parts pack are tiny 1 Kerbal deals .. so personally I'd be hard pressed to find a use case for the RPM integration for them.

~M~

Edited by Mynar Moonshadow

Ok, one suggestion, and a question:

First, no matter how I assemble the PackRat, the controls are always mapped backwards (S-forward, W-backwards, D/A-left/right). Is there an easy way to fix this?

Suggestion: Instead of having the floor mount points on the PackRat linked to the front section, would it be feasible to have them on the chassis parts themselves? It would make the PackRat a lot more modular than it currently is.

First, no matter how I assemble the PackRat, the controls are always mapped backwards (S-forward, W-backwards, D/A-left/right). Is there an easy way to fix this?

Suggestion: Instead of having the floor mount points on the PackRat linked to the front section, would it be feasible to have them on the chassis parts themselves? It would make the PackRat a lot more modular than it currently is.

The packrat isn't meant to be driven without a kerbal on it. Controls will be normal with a kerbal in a seat.

I suffer the same symptom...

There is an amazing amount of witchery that goes into making a PackRat assembleable with KAS, as the nodes have some pretty hellish relationships. That is why they are set up the way they are - to make the whole thing work assembled.

Until such time as it gets a complete rework (which will not happen for a very long time - definitely not for 1.0) I would no anticipate any of the nodes or it's operational characteristics (to include operating manned) to change.

RoverDude. It is able?

To add a pair of robot arms (or integrate it into AES pod) to attach/detach KAS gadgets or put in/out these to the ship's KAS containers, or Taking Surface Samples... ON BOARD.

Being AES stands for Advanced EVA SUIT adding that will make AES ships able to do as their model name do.

And it will make AES ships serve as good OKS workers.

Hey I'm having a weird problem, whenever I try to place the front chassis of the PackRat into the 'structural' part of it, the chassis will display in that red-faded form and I can't attach anything into it. I'm using the correct waypoint to place it but nothing seems to work?

Hey I'm having a weird problem, whenever I try to place the front chassis of the PackRat into the 'structural' part of it, the chassis will display in that red-faded form and I can't attach anything into it. I'm using the correct waypoint to place it but nothing seems to work?

Like this:

G6MKWl0.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.