[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Wow! This is really neat. I love the idea of having stars orbit some other object (Galaxy core, great attractor, maybe other stars/ star clusters?)

If I may suggest something when it comes to your distribution chanel:

You should really not include the .zip file in the repository but rather use the "releases" page. Like this: https://github.com/SpaceKookie/Poke/releases

Didn't even know that existed :P thanks for the tip.

Edit1: yeah I think the .zip files are really causing some problems on github :P

Edited by OvenProofMars

Are you going to use PF:CE's terribly inefficient way of generating planets or the proper way using your own PSystem?

I descrived the correct process at: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE?p=1294503&viewfull=1#post1294503

If you guys need help with the planet part, just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to assist ^^

I'll probably take you up on that :D

Didn't even know that existed :P thanks for the tip.

Edit1: yeah I think the .zip files are really causing some problems on github :P

Not sure what Git GUI client you're using (Real programmers use the CLT XD)

But you need to create a new "tag" (just use the version name like with the example I liked "Poke" (that's a CLT I develop/ maintain)) and then go on Github and make the tag a proper release with add ons, a change log, etc.

Not sure what Git GUI client you're using (Real programmers use the CLT XD)

But you need to create a new "tag" (just use the version name like with the example I liked "Poke" (that's a CLT I develop/ maintain)) and then go on Github and make the tag a proper release with add ons, a change log, etc.

I'm using TortoiseGit. I still dont really understand how to propperly use github :P

I'm having 2 issues; one is gamebreaking, the other is minor.

The gamebreaking bug is that occasionally the celestial bodies stop orbiting their parent completely. Fiddling with time warp seems to fix it, but I usually realize the issue when it's too late.

The minor bug is that sometimes in the map screen, the Kerbin system appears at the center of the galaxy where the black hole should be. Zooming in on Kerbol seems to fix it.

The orbiting problem is enough of a gamebreaker that I had to uninstall it. I'll be eager to reinstall once these issues are fixed.

Yes, the orbitdrivers are not liking these kind of distances for some reason. My new version shoudl be more stable though.

Question... Why doesn't the star Kerbol and other stars have atmospheres? The sun does, and it is called the Corona.

Kerbol's atmosphere should extend several thousand kilometers over it's surface, right? I wounder if there is another mod we could use that would determine that....

Question... Why doesn't the star Kerbol and other stars have atmospheres? The sun does, and it is called the Corona.

Kerbol's atmosphere should extend several thousand kilometers over it's surface, right? I wounder if there is another mod we could use that would determine that....

New starts do indeed have a corona and science around it is working fine for me.

As far as I know the ingame (rendered) sun exists of a spherical mesh, two flat corona meshes and a sunflare all which are present in the other stars. No real atmosphere is there as far as I know.

If some of you could try using it with a large savegame (after backing it up of course) and let me know if any problems arise I would really appreciate it.

I've tested it with my DMP multiplayer save offline, which has around 300 vessels on almost all the default celestial bodies.

Everything is working surprisingly fine and, ironically, the 3-4 vessels that were on Kerbol escape are now orbiting around the black hole on the correct orbit.

Great work!!!!

That's why my game crashes when I launch it with 64bit. Well actually it freezes.

Everything is working perfectly fine for me on .24 64 bits, your problem is most likely due to other mods.

I personally found that Final Frontier does not like multiple star systems (it does not like new celestial bodies actually).

"Features:

Modifies the sun into a black hole."

I find it hilarious that that's the first thing I see. You done went full-Kerbal, sir.

Isn't this something that any number of dastardly villains have tried to do?

I installed this update, having odd bug - those little crew-window-things on the bottom right disappeared. May not be you, things have been randomly screwy, for some reason *eyeballs terrifying hole in space and time where the sun used to be*

Edited by ABZB

Isn't this something that any number of dastardly villains have tried to do?

I installed this update, having odd bug - those little crew-window-things on the bottom right disappeared. May not be you, things have been randomly screwy, for some reason *eyeballs terrifying hole in space and time where the sun used to be*

Those crew displays work on my end, and so do the EVA and IVA buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why my game crashes when I launch it with 64bit. Well actually it freezes.

What other mods are you running?

- - - Updated - - -

I've tested it with my DMP multiplayer save offline, which has around 300 vessels on almost all the default celestial bodies.

Everything is working surprisingly fine and, ironically, the 3-4 vessels that were on Kerbol escape are now orbiting around the black hole on the correct orbit.

Great work!!!!

Thats good to hear :D thanks for testing :D